Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta feel bad for the Cavs. I guess this is what happens when you lose...everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stars follow stars. It's why the parity will always be so low until they figure out how to fix it.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2019-01-19 at 08:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Celtics getting hosed by the schedule at the moment. Second time in a short while they have an away game for a back to back, where they basically had to fly out to the next game just after finishing the previous game, with no time to rest or recover.

Currently getting outplayed by the lowly Atlanta Hawks, down 16 just into the second quarter. Putrid performance.

- - - Updated - - -

Ended up winning that one, after Smart getting ejected sparked the team to play harder on defense. Smart likely suspended one or more games for trying to fight the Hawks though.

In other news: James Harden is ridiculous and looks to be the odds on favourite for MVP again. He's had one hell of a winter so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Stars follow stars. It's why the parity will always be so low until they figure out how to fix it.
    I think it could be fixed pretty easily by just increasing the cap on max contracts. Along with that harden the salary cap. It's too easy for teams to game the cap and keep signing players when they're over it.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Gotta feel bad for the Cavs. I guess this is what happens when you lose...everyone.
    They have always been a bad team that got carried by a great player. But you don't win championships that way anymore. You need a good deep roster as well as having that elite player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    I think it could be fixed pretty easily by just increasing the cap on max contracts. Along with that harden the salary cap. It's too easy for teams to game the cap and keep signing players when they're over it.
    Trouble is if you uncap the max contract and hard cap the existing luxury tax, you create a system like the NFL where the most important players on the team get most of the cap space and the rest of the roster is filled with cheap filler contracts. That's not a problem in itsself, but how do you get the majority of the NBA players to agree to such terms? Most of those guys would see their income go down and only the powerful few would see their income go up.

And since most of the really good players are getting their money from endorsements and stuff in a greater part then lesser players anyway, it would just create a system where the rich get richer and the lower and middle class players get hosed. I just don't see the NBA players association agreeing to something like that.

1. Did you guys know James Harden is doing some crazy scoring? I won't go over statistics but wow.

2. Evidently, every team in the NBA this season is averaging over 100 points. 15 years ago, only 2 teams did that. Most teams are averaging 110, and GSW are close to 120. The reason is theorized is because...

3. Offensive rebounds now set the shot clock to 14 seconds instead of 24 seconds.

????????????????? I didn't know that was a new rule. I wasn't paying attention to the NBA this season and none of you posted about it. Is there anything else important you've been keeping from me?

10+ Year Old Account
    Even weirder, the Memphis Grizzlies have the best scoring defense in the West, and also have the second worst record in the West.

Kenny: "Jordan was better than bigs." Charles: "He wasn't better than Shaq." Shaq: "Kenny, you're a guard. Stay in your category. You're a little man. So stay over there."
    Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comment...gs_charles_he/

I actually love using reddit. Interesting stats are right there in the thread titles, and sometimes you get good clips of relevant stuff, instead of having to watch the whole thing. (Basketball games and shows.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Even weirder, the Memphis Grizzlies have the best scoring defense in the West, and also have the second worst record in the West.
    Their Conley/Gasol tag team is getting old. I think they are looking to make a trade before the deadline.

I might try to watch the TOR @ HOU game tonight. I wanna see why James Harden is so good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I might try to watch the TOR @ HOU game tonight. I wanna see why James Harden is so good.
    Harden's not as good as many people think he is, or as his stat line would suggest.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Damn I ended up playing video games and didn't focus on the game.

Tonight is GSW @ xskarma's team BOS at 8:30. It was already set on my calendar, so I'll definitely turn my TV onto it. Idk if I'll focus on and watch it, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually xskarma might be ignoring the NBA and channeling all his energy and thoughts and prayers to Tom Brady.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually xskarma might be ignoring the NBA and channeling all his energy and thoughts and prayers to Tom Brady.
    Nah, wouldn't miss this. If it was on at the same time as the Superbowl maybe, but the NBA is not that stupid to try that.

- - - Updated - - -

Meh. Nice game, but not great game. Celtics let the Warriors get away with this one with some concentration lapses in the 3rd quarter and early 4th. Without the small lead the GSW built in those, it would have been Celtics up by a few. Ah well.

Ya I was watching and it was tied 111-111 until the last two minutes, then Klay hit free throws and Boston choked and lost.

Watched the Mavs/Raptors game tonight. Luka Doncic had 35/12/10, but that wasn't even what impressed me the most today. With all the tension between Dennis Smith Jr and the organisation, Doncic came out and set him up over and over again. Got him rolling and feeling good. Really great leadership and maturity from such a young guy.

He wants to play with God Lebron.

I also heard rumors that Lebron said he didn't expect a trade before the deadline, that he wanted to save the cap space and sign a free agent in the off season.

10+ Year Old Account
    He wants to play with God Lebron.

I also heard rumors that Lebron said he didn't expect a trade before the deadline, that he wanted to save the cap space and sign a free agent in the off season.
    Lebron said that...

So Lebron is effectively the top player, GM and owner of the LA Lakers now, who decides everything that goes on. He;s also heavily involved with Klutch Sports the agency that provides both Lebron himself and Anthony Davis with their agents.

Cause that's not stupid at all, that 1 person can set up things like this through back channels without teams being able to do anything against it or having anything to protect them against such shenanigans. What is tampering even anymore?

Also, funny from twitter about Anthony Davis: "Why would he go to LA if he wears a a shirt that says NOLA"

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Lebron said that...

So Lebron is effectively the top player, GM and owner of the LA Lakers now, who decides everything that goes on. He;s also heavily involved with Klutch Sports the agency that provides both Lebron himself and Anthony Davis with their agents.

Cause that's not stupid at all, that 1 person can set up things like this through back channels without teams being able to do anything against it or having anything to protect them against such shenanigans. What is tampering even anymore?

Also, funny from twitter about Anthony Davis: "Why would he go to LA if he wears a a shirt that says NOLA"
    Why would he go to LA who still have zero chance of beating GSW? Better to join an East team and actually get to the finals. Then again, I'd by lying if I said I didn't want him in Toronto. I just don't know how we'd make it work during the season.