Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Again: Who the hell cares if people vent in the text chat of an online game?
    Why shouldn't they care? I don't play games to see that shit.

- - - Updated - - -

It ruins a game for you if some people shittalk in the chat? What?
    It ruins a game if you can't call someone a faggot?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Actually it is and many disagree with you about that. That's kinda the point, It is still seen as a racial slurr, doesn't matter how you change the letters at the end.

- - - Updated - - -

Clearly many do otherwise this change wouldn't have happen. I personally don't want to see toxic shitlords in chat at the end or hear them on voice coms thought out the match.

That type of community can outright ruin a game. Hell for me personally its why I stopped playing HOTS until they added the ability to turn off chat.
    Sorry, but nigger is the slur and nigga means my friend. The same way jew is a slur, but also just a person of jewish faith.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Why shouldn't they care? I don't play games to see that shit.

- - - Updated - - -

It ruins a game if you can't call someone a faggot?
    I didn't say that.

I didn't say that.
    Then I question your motive for defending your perceived right to do so.

It ruins a game for you if some people shittalk in the chat? What?
    Yep sure does, I don't want to see that shit in chat or hear it in my ear. I don't play a game to see or hear someone be a shitlord, I play it to relax.

I know that mite be a hard concept for some to understand.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Then I question your motive for defending your perceived right to do so.
    I think it's natural that people get frustrated in online games and it shouldn't be a problem that they vent in the text chat because it simply doesn't hurt anyone. I don't think it's reasonable to ban people for that type of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Sorry, but nigger is the slur and nigga means my friend. The same way jew is a slur, but also just a person of jewish faith.
    And many people once again disagree with you including black people.

Want to use it send there phone a text.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's natural that people get frustrated in online games and it shouldn't be a problem that they vent in the text chat because it simply doesn't hurt anyone. I don't think it's reasonable to ban people for that type of shit.
    You can vent without using slurr's, If you can't then you shouldn't be playing the game.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Again: Who the hell cares if people vent in the text chat of an online game?
    People who don't want to deal with bigoted nonsense in chat while they're playing games. Developers/publishers that don't want toxic communities freely spewing hate in their games.

*mod had on* Let's knock off the specific discussion of slurs in this thread. Now. It's too easy to cross the line and break forum rules, so let's not even go there. thanks.

15+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

You can vent without using slurr's, If you can't then you shouldn't be playing the game.
    So they think its a slur but use it constantly? Citation needed.

I don't think hate speech is a natural outlet at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, I didn't say that. I merely think that it's natural that people use slurrs sometimes while venting and that shouldn't be a reason to ban these people.

So they think its a slur but use it constantly? Citation needed.
    Be a white person, Go into a black neighborhood and say it. There is your citation. That is why its a slurr and once again not all black people like the word, Doesn't matter if you change the letters at the end its still seen as a racial slurr.

That's just the reality of it. Taking a swastika and turning it doesn't give its old meaning back, Its still seen as a symbol of hate.. Period.

I merely think that it's natural that people use slurrs sometimes while venting and that shouldn't be a reason to ban these people.
    It's natural for bigots to, sure. But for most folks, we're not throwing around slurs just because we get mad.

Again, I didn't say that. I merely think that it's natural that people use slurrs sometimes while venting and that shouldn't be a reason to ban these people.
    You can think its natural all you want but it isn't. Not everyone uses slurr's when they are venting and its a perfect reason to ban people.

Video games don't have Free Speech and Free Speech doesn't mean Freedom of Consequences. Want to spew slurr's play a different game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I don't see why anyone would take issue with a developer not wanting offensive chat in their game and handing out temp-bans as a result. Don't want to get banned? Either clam up or simply be a decent person when communicating with your teammates/opponents.
    Its amazing how angry people get at the idea of having to be a decent person online, isn't it?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Be a white person, Go into a black neighborhood and say it. There is your citation. That is why its a slurr and once again not all black people like the word, Doesn't matter if you change the letters at the end its still seen as a racial slurr.

That's just the reality of it. Taking a swastika and turning it doesn't give its old meaning back, Its still seen as a symbol of hate.. Period.
    Cool but im asking why cant a black guy say it?

It's natural for bigots to, sure. But for most folks, we're not throwing around slurs just because we get mad.
    So you're trying to tell me that swearing/using profanity somehow makes you a bigot?

Video games don't have Free Speech and Free Speech doesn't mean Freedom of Consequences. Want to spew slurr's play a different game.
    "Deal with it" is not an argument.

*mod had on* Let's knock off the specific discussion of slurs in this thread. Now. It's too easy to cross the line and break forum rules, so let's not even go there. thanks.
    Just saw your post and will do.

- - - Updated - - -

So you're trying to tell me that swearing/using profanity somehow makes you a bigot?
    There is a difference in saying ass and saying a slurr...

Do you even know what slurr means?

- - - Updated - - -

Cool but im asking why cant a black guy say it?
    And I already answered that, read that post again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Particular type of poster: Ugh this community is fucking garbage
    Particular type of poster: Why wont someone do something about this toxic shit fuck fuck fuck!
    Particular type of game mod: Alright we will be a bit stricter on behavior because toxic behavior is really annoying
    Particular type of poster: WTF! WHY DO ANYTHING! THIS IS JUST CAREBEAR GARBAGE!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never used a racial slur when angry/venting. Literally never. It isn't a 'natural' thing to do and it should have consequences.

"Sorry I called you a n***** bro, I was just mad." Seriously? That's normal behavior where you come from?
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2018-07-13 at 11:16 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.