Poll: Did you enjoy watching the movie CAPTAIN MARVEL™?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Carol 'Avenger' Danvers Is this for fucking real? Because wow my expectations for Endgame are plummeting.

Other than the inevitably inc fantastic four and xmen, who are the A list superheroes we're missing? You think Moon-Knight will be joining us soon?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Carol 'Avenger' Danvers Is this for fucking real? Because wow my expectations for Endgame are plummeting.
    There is a fascinating subplot going on with Endgame. Apparently the Russo brothers don't want Danvers involved in any way, they want the original cast to deal with Thanos, to go out with a bang. But Feige wants Danvers to be central, to save the day so they can use her to launch the new Avengers. Word is Disney told them to shoot both, so if CM flops they can go with Plan B and keep her peripheral.

I really hope Captain Marvel flops.

Saw the movie today.

My rating: 2.5/5

To be honest, I was really looking forward to this film after seeing Infinity War. I consider Brie Larson to be a great actress, and the idea of her playing Captain Marvel intrigued me. However, upon seeing the film, I was very disappointed. I don't really want to get into the whole sjw politics and controversy that occurred before the release of this movie, but I definitely felt it throughout this film. I'll just say that almost all the males in this movie are presented as inferior and/or absolute douches. Not all of us are like that. However, that is not really the reason why this movie was bad to me. I'll list the pros and cons below to better sum my opinion:

PROS

Decent CGI
    Ben Mendelsohn's performance was pretty good
    I appreciate how they incorporated certain characters from past films into this one
    The action scene with the cuffs was pretty cool.
    I liked the soundtrack because it consisted of a lot of 90s rock/alternative tracks
    The first 20 minutes are interesting

CONS

They spat on the face of Nick Fury's character when they showed how he lost his eye
    The villain was lackluster
    Brie Larson's performance was surprisingly one dimensional and uninspiring (Not sure if this was her fault or the director)
    After the first 20 minutes, the rest of the film takes a nose dive by jumping into an incredibly dull plot with jokes that fell flat most of the time

In the end, this is just my opinion. If you appreciated this movie, more power to you. I did not. I think if someone is looking for a recent film with a strong female lead, they should go see Alita: Battle Angel. She was far more compelling in my eyes.
    Last edited by Asphyx22; 2019-03-08 at 03:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You actually want a list of every marvel hero? Try google...
    A-listers not all of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    There is a fascinating subplot going on with Endgame. Apparently the Russo brothers don't want Danvers involved in any way, they want the original cast to deal with Thanos, to go out with a bang. But Feige wants Danvers to be central, to save the day so they can use her to launch the new Avengers. Word is Disney told them to shoot both, so if CM flops they can go with Plan B and keep her peripheral.

Having her be absent the whole 10 years of build up just to show up and take the spotlight would ruin everything. She would forever be the Poochie of the MCU.

Having her be absent the whole 10 years of build up just to show up and take the spotlight would ruin everything. She would forever be the Poochie of the MCU.
    That's pretty much exactly what the Russo brothers said, and it's hard to argue with them.

For Silver Surfer we'll definitely need the Four. And in the age of women empowerment they may do Spider-woman, She-Hulk and Elektra in the upcoming ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Asphyx22 View Post
    Saw the movie today.

My rating: 2.5/5

To be honest, I was really looking forward to this film after seeing Infinity War. I consider Brie Larson to be a great actress, and the idea of her playing Captain Marvel intrigued me. However, upon seeing the film, I was very disappointed. I don't really want to get into the whole sjw politics and controversy that occurred before the release of this movie, but I definitely felt it throughout this film. I'll just say that almost all the males in this movie are presented as inferior and/or absolute douches. Not all of us are like that. However, that is not really the reason why this movie was bad to me. I'll list the pros and cons below to better sum my opinion:

PROS

Decent CGI
    Ben Mendelsohn's performance was pretty good
    I appreciate how they incorporated certain characters from past films into this one
    The action scene with the cuffs was pretty cool.
    I liked the soundtrack because it consisted of a lot of 90s rock/alternative tracks
    The first 20 minutes are interesting

CONS

They spat on the face of Nick Fury's character when they showed how he lost his eye
    The villain was lackluster
    Brie Larson's performance was surprisingly one dimensional and uninspiring (Not sure if this was her fault or the director)
    After the first 20 minutes, the rest of the film takes a nose dive by jumping into an incredibly dull plot with jokes that fell flat most of the time

In the end, this is just my opinion. If you appreciated this movie, more power to you. I did not. I think if someone is looking for a recent film with a strong female lead, they should go see Alita: Battle Angel. She was far more compelling in my eyes.
    It's being promoted as a feminist film. You can't be surprised all the men are being presented as douche bags. Thanks for the write up tho, similar to most other reviews I've seen.

Not as good as Black Panther or Thor Ragnarok but I enjoyed it. Though one of the highlights was the Marvel title card.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    She-hulk may fall into that weird Universal hulk rights thing. Elektra has already been done.
    Sure Disney and the Persuasion of the Mouse will get the rights in their hands just as they almost fully have the rights to Spiderman, Xmen, Surfer, Ghost rider and the Four

- - - Updated - - -

It's being promoted as a feminist film. You can't be surprised all the men are being presented as douche bags. Thanks for the write up tho, similar to most other reviews I've seen.

There was not one thing in the movie that promoted or displayed it as a feminist film. Don’t get empowered women and feminism mixed up. One is to make and ensure women are strong and know their worth the other is for equality or just for trolling and attention or straight up hatred.

I wasn't surprised, but I was disappointed. One can make a feminist film without bashing the opposite sex so hard. I never understood that mentality.

10+ Year Old Account
    i always wondered if mmo champ was a cesspool of feminists and sjws but this thread just proves my concerns

- endangered white male in 2019

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    For Silver Surfer we'll definitely need the Four. And in the age of women empowerment they may do Spider-woman, She-Hulk and Elektra in the upcoming ones.
    For Silver Surfer they could do the Guardians of the Galaxy or they could do him as the counter to the Dark Phoenix/Jean Grey.

But I doubt they'd do either so the Four is most likely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Silver Surfer would be great for one of those long moody philosophical movies because that's basically what his comics were.

Silver Surfer would be great for one of those long moody philosophical movies because that's basically what his comics were.
    I think it was Len Wein who once said that SS was a big cosmic crybaby because well, that's how he was initially written; always whining about being stuck on Earth.

Nope not going to happen.

I believe it.

The Russo brothers actually understand story. They know you cant just drop in a deus ex machina with a OP random superhero that turns up to save the day.

Its a slap in the face to the 10 years of character building leading to this moment

This was a 2 part movie. First part is really really really jarring. The second part is much more fun. The ending is pretty open ended so if they wanted they could go back and do Captain Marvel 2 and continue with most of the same characters and throwing in someextras along the way. Its a lot better then most origin stories but is not a film that I would state is on the same level as Black Panthers origin. The film is schizo in its consistency as I mentioned. But what the film does do however is leave open the possibility of exploring Kree and Skrill conflict in detail. For all the movies faults this is just a small microcosm of the conflict and there is a lot of material they could go through for sequels etc fortunately. I will state that the hate people have for this movie is really undeserved and is a microcosm of wish fulfillment. This movie slots more into GOTG2 level of quality. Good but not great. Some serious flaws but otherwise a fun ride. As for Brie. She will be fine. The first have as mentioned is probably the most jarring getting past that the movie pacing is a lot better in the second half as she becomes more herself. The whole training she underwent has a lot to do with how wooden she is at the start and even as she evolves she still is going to have that ingrained within her for awhile.
    Last edited by Wermys; 2019-03-08 at 04:46 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Very early reports are suggesting world wide takings are slightly higher than expected and is on track for a $100 mil opening weekend. That's about what I suspected, but I also expect this film will crash hard once word of mouth gets out, just like Solo. Also CM had strong advanced ticket sales. The problem for Disney is sjws only see movies once to make a statement. True fans will see movies half a dozen times, no one will see CM more than once.
    I just really, really hope it fails hard. I'm not a fan of capeshit, I'll usually torrent them the year after they're released but I think I'm just gonna skip this one entirely like I did black panther. Bland superhero shit topped with a nice political sauce, hell naw.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla