Poll: Did you enjoy watching the movie AVENGERS: ENDGAME™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 127 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    the film felt like a finish line.

If you watch it from start to finish without seeing any previous marvel films it makes little to no sense.

Its not a stand alone film. That really isnt hard to understand
    The same could be said about pretty much any film franchise when you're multiple movies in. Return of the Jedi also doesn't make a lot of sense if you watch it without seeing the First two Star Wars movies.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    the film felt like a finish line.

If you watch it from start to finish without seeing any previous marvel films it makes little to no sense.

Its not a stand alone film. That really isnt hard to understand
    Anyone who wasn't born in a barn would know that it's not a finale. I have never read the comics before and even I knew that the Infinity War isn't over just because Thanos snapped his fingers. Not only has such knowledge been exhausted here on the forums, but also in the news and reviews of the MCU movies.

None of the MCU movies have been set up to be stand-alone. Not only do most/some of them end on pseudo-cliffhangers, but the end credits scenes usually open up what's coming next.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    The same could be said about pretty much any film franchise when you're multiple movies in. Return of the Jedi also doesn't make a lot of sense if you watch it without seeing the First two Star Wars movies.
    Return of the Jedi DOES get included as part of the original trilogy...

Each mission impossible film is its own thing while having references to the other films

Hell look even closer in house. Black panthar, antman and the wasp. All stand alone films even though they feature links to the connected world.

Infinity war is literally the end goal of what 20 films? And features cameos from all the heroes and none of them having more screen time than 30mins? Lol like how do you not get my point and why are you still quoting me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    Holy shit I see people actually bashing Infinity wars, which was probably the best Marvel movie produced to date. Can you stop watching these types of movies altogether already? I'm on you on DC movies sucking really bad, aside from the Dark Knight, but boy, if you didn't like Infinity Wars, either 1. You watched it in low res, 2. You're too tired of superhero movies, which is fine.
    the bad guy's motive is really stupid, it makes no sense. Also he's just a big purple human which is really boring. Also there's way too many characters that no one cares about like the red guy with the crystal in his head. It's clear watching the film I'm meant to care about who he is but I've no idea and he has no personality other than being with the witch lady. It's just not a good film.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Anyone who wasn't born in a barn would know that it's not a finale. I have never read the comics before and even I knew that the Infinity War isn't over just because Thanos snapped his fingers. Not only has such knowledge been exhausted here on the forums, but also in the news and reviews of the MCU movies.

None of the MCU movies have been set up to be stand-alone. Not only do most/some of them end on pseudo-cliffhangers, but the end credits scenes usually open up what's coming next.
    Ohok I must have imagined all those thanos cameo scenes and talk of infinity stones for all those films.

And I never said there wouldnt be more films. It was a discussion of what film is the best.

And you cant say its infinity war because its not just one film. AVENGERS ISNT LIKE JAMES BOND OK, they work towards a goal with dozens of films making up the filling towards that goal.

nah, you couldnt.

Each mission impossible film is its own thing.

Hell look even closer in house. Black panthar, antman and the wasp. All stand alone films even though they feature links to the connected world.

Infinity war is literally the end goal of what 20 films? And features cameos from all the heroes? Lol like how do you not get my point and why are you still quoting me
    I get your point....I don't agree with it. Infinity War not being a stand alone movie doesn't detract from the quality of the movie.

Dark Knight Rises doesn't make a lot of sense without watching the other Batman films.
    Return of the King doesn't make a lot of sense if you haven't watch the other LotR movies.
    I already mentioned Star Wars.
    The first Avengers doesn't make a lot of sense unless you've seen Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor.

- - - Updated - - -

And I never said there wouldnt be more films.
    Then stop using words like "end goal" and "finale"
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

I get your point....I don't agree with it. Infinity War not being a stand alone movie doesn't detract from the quality of the movie.

Dark Knight Rises doesn't make a lot of sense without watching the other Batman films.
    Return of the King doesn't make a lot of sense if you haven't watch the other LotR movies.
    I already mentioned Star Wars.
    The first Avengers doesn't make a lot of sense unless you've seen Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor.
    And if people only saw Return of the king, Dark Knight Rises without seeing the other works, then those works wouldnt have the same emotional impact would they?

Just like if you got someone who had never seen a marvel film or heard of them and made them watch infinity war, it would make no sense. Ie its not a great film. Its a great season finale to a series. But if you made them watch Ironman 1 or winter solider they could enjoy it without any prior knowledge or film experiences

- - - Updated - - -

Then stop using words like "end goal" and "finale"
    Thanos has been the finish line for as long as we know it, of course they are gonna make more after him. But to suggest Thanos hasnt been hyped as the big bad is just plain lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Wasn’t much of a fan of the last movie, if I’m being honest, so I don’t think I’ll see the next in theaters. I really disliked how much they downplayed the characters strengths/powers so they could explain why they couldn’t defeat the main antagonist. There was so many ”why didn’t they just do this” moments in the film, that I honestly found myself fairly annoyed with the whole thing.
    Yeah, the suspension of disbelief required for this one was really very high.

Also, I'm ok with the way it ended to be honest. #ThanosDidNothingWrong
    The universe is now a better place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Avenger: Infinity Gauntlet
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

And if people only saw Return of the king, Dark Knight Rises without seeing the other works, then those works wouldnt have the same emotional impact would they?

Just like if you got someone who had never seen a marvel film or heard of them and made them watch infinity war, it would make no sense. Ie its not a great film. Its a great season finale to a series. But if you made them watch Ironman 1 or winter solider they could enjoy it without any prior knowledge or film experiences
    If someone watches Infinity War without first having watched the other movies... the fault is on them for not enjoying it... not on the film itself. It doesn't make the movie bad.

Thanos has been the finish line for as long as we know it, of course they are gonna make more after him. But to suggest Thanos hasnt been hyped as the big bad is just plain lying.
    He's a big bad sure...but he isn't the "end". He's not the finish line. And more to the point... even if he were the finish line...that would come with Avengers 4.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2018-09-22 at 07:52 PM.

He's a big bad sure...but he isn't the "end"
    Pretty much all of Tony Stark's emotional arc has been about Thanos, theres also been no hint to a threat bigger than him.

Only because you are a comic book reader are you aware there are threats bigger than thanos still out there but the films havent set that up yet.

Pretty much all of Tony Stark's emotional arc has been about Thanos, theres also been no hint to a threat bigger than him.

Only because you are a comic book reader are you aware there are threats bigger than thanos still out there but the films havent set that up yet.
    Thanos isn't done yet. So, if we go by your analogy, Avengers 4 would be the Series Finale

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The finish line is clearly the next Avengers.

- - - Updated - - -

He’s for sure the finish line for this first phase of storytelling that they’ve been building to for over a decade. And that finish line is his defeat in the next Avengers.
    There is no finish line when they are making up to 2 billion each on these avengers films.

My point was the film itself feels like a finish line, IE the work of 20 films building towards a goal. If people dont understand that then whatever, ive said my bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Wezmon View Post
    Avengers 4: The Bobby Ewing Incident
    Yeah, it all turns out to be one of the 16 million endings Dr Strange sees, right?

Thanos isn't done yet. So, if we go by your analogy, Avengers 4 would be the Series Finale
    Yea exactly, infinity war is also a part 1 of 2. So you guys saying infinity war is the best film already must have thought a lot of it!

There is no finish line when they are making up to 2 billion each on these avengers films.

My point was the film itself feels like a finish line, IE the work of 20 films building towards a goal. If people dont understand that then whatever, ive said my bit.
    But they haven't accomplished the goal yet. There's just getting up to the final sprint of this leg of the race.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea exactly, infinity war is also a part 1 of 2. So you guys saying infinity war is the best film already must have thought a lot of it!
    I've never said it was the best film. I said that the fact that it's not a standalone film doesn't detract from it.

I've never said it was the best film. I said that the fact that it's not a standalone film doesn't detract from it.
    The russo brothers had the unique challenge of cramming in all these heroes, so obviously you dont have much time to set up the characters like you normally would in a movie and their motivations. And because people had already seen the characters and that work had been done, they could get away with running with it from the start and can just bust out the squidward quips

Its a unique film because theres never really been such a connected universe in cinema before where you can expect people watching will already understand these characters

The russo brothers had the unique challenge of cramming in all these heroes, so obviously you dont have much time to set up the characters like you normally would in a movie. And because people had already seen the characters and that work had been done, they could get away with running with it from the start.

Its a unique film because theres never really been such a connected universe in cinema before
    It's a larger scale than what other movies have done before...but it's not entirely unique.

Like I said..Watching Return of the King/Jedi without watching the other movies in those franchises will leave you in a similar condition. It doesn't mean the movies by themselves aren't good. You're just expected to have foreknowledge of the characters and setting before going into it if you want to get full enjoyment from the film. Infinity War is the same thing...just with more movies.

So here's the thing about Infinity War for me. Its a great movie; it has emotional impact and manages to juggle a lot of characters pretty well considering how much time they have to work with. Lots of sets and locations, too. It was genuinely a great movie to me and I felt good payoffs in general from all the movies. Essentially my problem, however, is that its sequel exists to undermine pretty much everything that occurred. (Which I don't necessarily mind entirely; I lost a good portion of my favorites. Damn my inability to win 50/50s!)

I wouldn't say its a waste of time because of that, since without these chains of actions they wouldn't go forth to do whatever it is they do to remedy it, but any impact, awe, etc. is negated in the future by things being undone. And I'm sure they'll make some character choices that might surprise or annoy people, but will it really have the same impact the second time around when they already undo a great portion once? It works right now because we're sitting with the 'consequences', we're discussing it, making theories about it, etc. In the future if you go to sit down and say, Marathon the Avengers real quick, it won't really leave much as much substance without the hiatus.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Wasn’t much of a fan of the last movie, if I’m being honest, so I don’t think I’ll see the next in theaters. I really disliked how much they downplayed the characters strengths/powers so they could explain why they couldn’t defeat the main antagonist. There was so many ”why didn’t they just do this” moments in the film, that I honestly found myself fairly annoyed with the whole thing.
    I’ve never seen anyone who didn’t like Infinity War. That’s like not liking The Matrix (1999).
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."