Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Qaletaqa View Post
    Well, maybe they were in MoP and WoD, but it didn't exactly matter since M+ wasn't a thing, and in a raid environment someone else would be much better suited to it.
    In MoP they were in many ways the healer best suited to tank healing, while the Paladin sniped the raid and supplemented the Shaman on the tanks 'for free'. High Mastery and being able to readily have Tidal Waves up gave Resto fast, large heals on tanks when they'd taken big hits. The thing wasn't that there were better tank/ST healers, but that usually you needed the Shaman raid healing more, because the same effect could be managed over a whole raid with Healing Rain and Unleash Life (whatever it was called then).
    In Legion, no, they weren't. They were worse than they are now, since we now have Earth Shield. I healed numerous 22-23 keys in Legion as a resto shaman and I got to the point where I just wouldn't bother with groups that had a monk/warrior/bear tank because it was just a massive mana drain and topping them off during greivous week was damn near impossible.
    Note I said "even some of Legion". Not all of it, not high m+ keys, but some of it. ST healing in raids was quite strong (though not as strong as previously).

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    Note I said "even some of Legion". Not all of it, not high m+ keys, but some of it. ST healing in raids was quite strong (though not as strong as previously).
    The thread is about M+ keys, bringing up raiding is completely pointless.

The thread is about M+ keys, bringing up raiding is completely pointless.
    Then why did you make a blanket claim about Shaman ST healing?

ES absolutely should be baseline! They never should have taken it from us.

- - - Updated - - -

Rebuttle pls.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xintoc View Post
    The main problem with resto compared to other healer spec is that they lack a fast heal to top everyone up. Spirit link doesn't really heal without the trait. Healing tide is slow. Wellspring has cast time and travels slowly. Mistweaver's Revival is way easier to use and doesn't require you to precalculate any casts.
    Wellspring + Downpour is an extremely fast way to get the group up. 20-30k crits from both. Tho loosing Ascendance is kinda scary.

- - - Updated - - -

Ya if the tank is getting pounded then there is little I can do to help the rest of the group. I'm just RT and HS my life away on the tank while the dps turn to ashes.

- - - Updated - - -

No one. WTB ES baseline.

Deleted
    Resto shaman ST healing is not good, never has been. That said, monk tank is probably also the worst possible choice for you to be healing, as they don't actually prevent damage, they just stagger it and make you have to heal harder. As a 374 shaman that's healed plenty of 10+ keys: Find a good DK tank. Talk to them in voice and know when they have CDs up and when you need to spam heal them. Vigor and giving them 10% more HP is also quite good because they have several max health based heals. Also, don't be afraid to drop spirit link on cooldown. Kind of annoying this week with quaking, but it's still stupid strong when your tank is getting trucked but the party is mostly fine.

Haha what??? Monk being the worst??? We got bad spot healing, monks prevents spiked damage with stagger?? Wich makes it easier to heal! + Our mastery and monks Celestial Fortune is op af
    And since they should stack Vers and Crit.. yeah, i dont think i need to explain more

Don't talk like a big boy if you don't know the easy basics of classes

Quote Originally Posted by oddbods View Post
    Haha what??? Monk being the worst??? We got bad spot healing, monks prevents spiked damage with stagger?? Wich makes it easier to heal! + Our mastery and monks Celestial Fortune is op af
    And since they should stack Vers and Crit.. yeah, i dont think i need to explain more

Don't talk like a big boy if you don't know the easy basics of classes
    He's correct though. Stagger will prevent health spikes, but the monk tank will still take the damage.
    A DK tank heals much more than a monk tank by himself. So total HPS requirements from the healer is less with a DK tank.
    So if you have the HPS, a monk tank may be easier to heal, but if you don't, a DK tank is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Brisnger View Post
    Ya if the tank is getting pounded then there is little I can do to help the rest of the group. I'm just RT and HS my life away on the tank while the dps turn to ashes.
    Take Flash Flood and alternate between HW/HS and CH to keep your TW/FF engine going. If you can position to bounce CH to most of the group it makes healing +10s a breeze.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koor View Post
    He's correct though. Stagger will prevent health spikes, but the monk tank will still take the damage.
    A DK tank heals much more than a monk tank by himself. So total HPS requirements from the healer is less with a DK tank.
    So if you have the HPS, a monk tank may be easier to heal, but if you don't, a DK tank is better.

Yeah ofc he's right about DK, they'r fkn busted atm, extremely extremely extremely op atm
    But he's really wrong about monk being the worst ones

But what kinda haste % do you have? I only have 8 % and CH takes a year to cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Brisnger View Post
    But what kinda haste % do you have? I only have 8 % and CH takes a year to cast.
    With a FF proc it's 20% shorter. It has the same cast time as healing wave.

Quote Originally Posted by oddbods View Post
    Yeah ofc he's right about DK, they'r fkn busted atm, extremely extremely extremely op atm
    But he's really wrong about monk being the worst ones
    I'd forgotten about this thread, but dude, you're completely missing the point. Obviously monks aren't bad. The thread is about resto shaman healing. In relation to resto shaman healing, monks are the hardest tank to heal because you still have to heal staggered damage and resto shaman has the worst single target healing of all the healers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsav1 View Post
    Nah he just wants to shit on people without providing any evidence to the contrary, our "ST" healing regardless of talents is a joke and don't even get me started on group healing especially when the tank is getting butt fucked and the group is taking any form of AoE damage. But hey we're super awesome atm amirite!?!?!
    If you think Rsham ST healing is a "joke" you're in for a rude awakening when you try to ST heal on other classes. Rsham has better ST healing than every other healer in M+ other than MW and perhaps Rdruid stacking mastery and maintaining 4 or more HoTs on the target.

If you think Rsham sucks at AoE healing while also keeping a tank alive you're again in for a rude awakening when you try to do that on MW and go OOM in 20 seconds or Hpal which simply cant, or Rdruid which can when talented for it but even then relies on procs and being able to stand and turret heal or Discs and Holy Priests who just cant either.

Stop comparing Legion Rsham to BfA Rsham and instead get some experience on other healers. Then you'll realize that struggling to heal a tank and the party taking AoE damage in M+ isn't some magical Rsham weakness, it's hard or impossible for ALL healers.

I swear it's like 90% of the player base struggle at something and think it must be a spec problem when in reality you are meant to struggle with it, same goes for all healers.

My 360 Rsham can already pump similar numbers as my 380 MW in M+ but can do it without spending even half the mana my MW does. When 8.1 comes I'll be able to comfortably pump 25-35k HPS @ 360 ilvl without issue while my MW atm can burst 35-40k but can only sustain about 25k over the course of a boss fight due to mana constraints.

Even in the 12-15 range of keys there aren't many instances where anything over 20k HPS is required unless your group is screwing up mechanics. Rshams now can easily pump 20k HPS while bringing damage, purge, stun, slow and tremor so I don't know where this meme about Rsham being bad is coming from when 90% of the people complaining aren't even chesting 10's.

TL;DR: Spec Undulation, stack Crit/Mast, learn to use Tidal Wave stacks and watch those 1.2s cast time 65% crit chance Healing Surges crit for 100k then log over to a similarly geared Hpal/Disc/Hpriest/Rdruid/MW and spam those generic 100%-135% spell power casts with zero spell interaction for 20-30k crits and tell yourself that Shaman spot healing is a "joke".

If it wasn't for how OP MW ST healing is right now no other healer would be complaining about theirs while conveniently ignoring MW weaknesses.
    Last edited by Rife; 2018-12-03 at 02:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post
    If you think Rsham ST healing is a "joke" you're in for a rude awakening when you try to ST heal on other classes. Rsham has better ST healing than every other healer in M+ other than MW and perhaps Rdruid stacking mastery and maintaining 4 or more HoTs on the target.

If you think Rsham sucks at AoE healing while also keeping a tank alive you're again in for a rude awakening when you try to do that on MW and go OOM in 20 seconds or Hpal which simply cant, or Rdruid which can when talented for it but even then relies on procs and being able to stand and turret heal or Discs and Holy Priests who just cant either.

Stop comparing Legion Rsham to BfA Rsham and instead get some experience on other healers. Then you'll realize that struggling to heal a tank and the party taking AoE damage in M+ isn't some magical Rsham weakness, it's hard or impossible for ALL healers.

I swear it's like 90% of the player base struggle at something and think it must be a spec problem when in reality you are meant to struggle with it, same goes for all healers.

My 360 Rsham can already pump similar numbers as my 380 MW in M+ but can do it without spending even half the mana my MW does. When 8.1 comes I'll be able to comfortably pump 25-35k HPS @ 360 ilvl without issue while my MW atm can burst 35-40k but can only sustain about 25k over the course of a boss fight due to mana constraints.

Even in the 12-15 range of keys there aren't many instances where anything over 20k HPS is required unless your group is screwing up mechanics. Rshams now can easily pump 20k HPS while bringing damage, purge, stun, slow and tremor so I don't know where this meme about Rsham being bad is coming from when 90% of the people complaining aren't even chesting 10's.

TL;DR: Spec Undulation, stack Crit/Mast, learn to use Tidal Wave stacks and watch those 1.2s cast time 65% crit chance Healing Surges crit for 100k then log over to a similarly geared Hpal/Disc/Hpriest/Rdruid/MW and spam those generic 100%-135% spell power casts with zero spell interaction for 20-30k crits and tell yourself that Shaman spot healing is a "joke".

If it wasn't for how OP MW ST healing is right now no other healer would be complaining about theirs while conveniently ignoring MW weaknesses.
    There are objective numbers showing that resto shaman is the weakest healer on mythic+. As of December 4 2018:

https://raider.io/mythic-plus/season...healer#content

1. All healer classes except resto shaman are represented in the top 10.
    2. Top 100 healer rankings by classes has 37 druids, 34 priests, 19 monks, 8 paladins, and ZERO shamans.
    3. Highest ranked resto shaman in the world is ranked #112, about 650 score less than the #1 healer.
    4. Healer distribution for 20+ keys: 41.5% druids, 27.7% priests, 24.6% monks, 6.2% paladins, ZERO shamans.
    5. Healer distribution for 15+ keys: 29.6% druids, 28.6% priests, 23.7% monks, 13.9% paladins, 4.2% shamans.
    6. Healer distribution for 10+ keys: 31.9% priests, 24.2% druids, 19.1% monks, 14.7% paladins, 10.3% shamans.

So objectively resto shamans are the worse healer at every category, and non-existent at the top mythic+ meta pushing keys.