Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Active Original Vanilla Accounts?

So with the WoW Classic coming, I was just curious as to how many original Vanilla accounts are still active?

Is it a lot, or have a lot of those accounts gone inactive in the last 14 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Venters View Post
    So with the WoW Classic coming, I was just curious as to how many original Vanilla accounts are still active?

Is it a lot, or have a lot of those accounts gone inactive in the last 14 years?
    1. All accounts on battle nets have been upgraded to Legion
    2. Any unmerged account to a bnet will need to be merged before being able to login to the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've kept my sub going since Jan 2005, with only two unsubs for 2-3 months. I stopped playing vanilla for 7 months (still subbed because my first five years were a gift) after I leveled my shaman and rogue, then came back and joined a raiding guild then leveled a gnome warrior.

Edit:

<-----moron

Edit 2:

I forgot that I unsubbed in WoD for nearly a year too.
    Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2018-11-08 at 08:46 AM.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    1. All accounts on battle nets have been upgraded to Legion
    2. Any unmerged account to a bnet will need to be merged before being able to login to the game.
    Oh, sorry guess I wasn't clear in what I was asking.

I was trying to ask how many accounts made back in Vanilla are still active players in BFA.

Which I guess brings to mind a follow-up question, did you take any breaks from wow in the intervening time or were you continuously subbed?

Oh, sorry guess I wasn't clear in what I was asking.

I was trying to ask how many accounts made back in Vanilla are still active players in BFA.

Which I guess brings to mind a follow-up question, did you take any breaks from wow in the intervening time or were you continuously subbed?
    My 2005 acc i sold on ebay, so this isnt my classic acc. Got this acc on tbc.

And did a lot of break, Actually i didnt logged in the game for 11 days now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10+ Year Old Account

i am still here, the number of 'original' accounts is likely to be a very very small number in today's game.

I'm still active in BFA. Been active since early 2004.

Made my account in 2005 and the game is the best it's ever been. *shrug*

Started back in Vanilla, unsubbed voluntarily for the first time ever less then two months into BfA, and it's 8.1 and on aren't looking any better.

My acct dates back to launch day and my sub is still active. Still play my original character too lol.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I started in early 2005, but I've unsubbed at least half a dozen times in the intervening years. I'm already burnt out on BfA but remain subbed.

Started my account during open beta (two weeks before the Nov 23rd, 2004 release), still playing. I’ve taken several breaks over the years, the longest for about 8 months. I always come back before or during the next expansion’s pre-patch.

I'm sadly on my 4th account. I'm toxic D:
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Have my original vanilla Undead Warrior. Shoot, I have two rogues, and both their banks are filled with poison mats and vanishing powder.

still playing same character i rolled on start of game.

I am. Only took a month long break during legion and same for BFA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still got my vanilla account and still maining the very first char I made back in 2004.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Created my account in April 2005, about two months after EU release after a few mates from school recommended it. Currently playing BFA, but barely hanging in there at the moment, I'm rapidly approaching the stage where I take a lengthy break/quit. As such I decided not to take on the 6 months subscription & free mount offer. I think I'll stick it out and check 8.1 before I make a verdict.

As far as earlier breaks go I've only had one, a very long one, from early 2011 to September 2016. I thought Cataclysm was really, really poor, and I didn't really check back at all during Mists or Warlords. I think I tried a trial for Mists at some stage but found pandas to be hilariously stupid and decided not to re-sub. Was recommended Legion by multiple people with quotes/taunts such as "best expansion since Wrath", and I really enjoyed the expansion. Sure a few things could have been done differently, but overall it was a very solid experience.

Not going to play Classic however as I conquered it all during 2005-2006. No reason to revisit it and potentially ruin good memories (the game is comparatively trash compared to live).

Not active, but day 1 account.

Been un-subbed for a few weeks now.

11/23/04. You can come see my Mini-Diablo if you want.