Page 3 of 194 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I never understand all the hate against Tom Brady. Never again in our lifetimes will we ever see another athlete dominate and prove himself to be the GOAT of a sport in the way Tom Brady has in his career. Just enjoy the show because it's almost over for sure and years after he's retired and gone people are going to reminisce about how "they were there" for his Xth ring victory and etc.

Hell the fact that the patriots are again the favorites to win the super bowl before the season even begins is a testament to his greatness (at 41 no less lol).
    I will never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever say "I was there" for anything Tom Brady accomplished, unless someone gives him the people's elbow like Gronk did to our rookie CB last year.

I have no problem with GOATs in general. I like both Jordan and LeBron, whoever you want to say is the GOAT in basketball. I like Peyton and Aaron Rodgers, the also-rans for NFL GOAT, and Peyton played for the Colts, a long time AFC East rival. I like Wayne Gretzky.

Tom Brady is a smug asshole. That's why I don't like him.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post

Alright, I'm an Eagles fan who has been directly wronged by Brady (albeit 15 years ago) and almost was again last year--I should hate him. But I don't--I respect the hell out of him and he is the QB GOAT.

I see this kind of comment often and I've yet to see any meaningful examples of Brady being 'smug' or frankly anything but a class act. Not that it may not be true, but I just don't see it at all. Please do elaborate here.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I will never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever say "I was there" for anything Tom Brady accomplished, unless someone gives him the people's elbow like Gronk did to our rookie CB last year.

I have no problem with GOATs in general. I like both Jordan and LeBron, whoever you want to say is the GOAT in basketball. I like Peyton and Aaron Rodgers, the also-rans for NFL GOAT, and Peyton played for the Colts, a long time AFC East rival. I like Wayne Gretzky.

This is a comically stupid post from a very angry Bills fan.

I actually can't imagine calling Brady a smug asshole while in the same breath saying you like Aaron Rodgers. Aaron Rodgers own family doesn't even like him because he's such an asshole.
    Last edited by ramayana1423; 2019-02-20 at 04:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramayana1423 View Post

I actually can't imagine calling Brady a smug asshole while in the same breath saying you like Aaron Rodgers. Aaron Rodgers own family doesn't even like him because he's such an asshole.
    Rodger's family is douchbag central who justifies his brother trying to take advantage of Rodger's fame on shit like the Bachelorate. They're the last thing you should use to justify ROdger's being a smug asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Rodger's family is douchbag central who justifies his brother trying to take advantage of Rodger's fame on shit like the Bachelorate. They're the last thing you should use to justify ROdger's being a smug asshole.
    How about years of reports from Rodgers teammates about how he is a self centered asshole?

10+ Year Old Account
    How about years of reports from Rodgers teammates about how he is a self centered asshole?
    Hey, at least he hasn't dumped his baby mama for a model

but I'm totally on board the anti Packers bandwagon.

Hey, at least he hasn't dumped his baby mama for a model
    You mean his girlfriend who got unexpectedly pregnant and they didn't find out until they had already broken up, whom he maintains a great relationship with and has been praised in the years since as a model of co-parenting? Yea, what a dick Brady is.

Nothing makes me laugh harder than Brady haters. Just admit its out of pure jealousy, that is at least understandable.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If there's a player remotely close to being the Lebron James of the NFL, it's Rodgers. And I mean that warts and all.

Anyway real reason I'm here. We have our first major domino, no tag for Lev Bell. He's finally getting his free agency. https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1098287591428931586
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Anyway real reason I'm here. We have our first major domino, no tag for Lev Bell. He's finally getting his free agency. https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1098287591428931586
    Will be actually shocked if he is not on the Jets next year.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Will be actually shocked if he is not on the Jets next year.
    Just had to verify it with overthecap but yeah I'd bite on that one. They have the money, they have the need, and they have the QB.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Just had to verify it with overthecap but yeah I'd bite on that one. They have the money, they have the need, and they have the QB.
    There is no better weapon for a young QB than a three down RB and with how much cap they have I just can't see anyone outbidding them.

Have you seen his Instagram posts after wins? Especially with Gronk? Definition of smug.

As for the asshole bit: the dude yells at his OC if he has an average half. For the rest of the league, that's considered being a fucking diva. OBJ acts like Brady acts, and the NY media crucifies him. Brady gets pissy when he's playing bad, and smug when he's playing good.

Plus, he kisses his kids directly on the mouth. Gross. (This is a joke.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, new thread in February where nothing is going on and its predictably lame with diva Tom Brady discussion.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    well at least combine is soon, so we'll have actual numbers to talk about!

Also, Bell in that market should be even more fun. oof

Anyone following the AAF? A group of us at work have randomly picked teams to cheer for. The Hotshots are doing well for me so far. It's not great football but it's enjoyable filler between the latest mock draft or ridiculous trade or FA signing fantasy. I do enjoy many of the rule changes and I hope the league makes it through the whole season and a champion is crowned. I don't follow any other sports so this league fills the void.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattiecakes View Post
    Anyone following the AAF? A group of us at work have randomly picked teams to cheer for. The Hotshots are doing well for me so far. It's not great football but it's enjoyable filler between the latest mock draft or ridiculous trade or FA signing fantasy. I do enjoy many of the rule changes and I hope the league makes it through the whole season and a champion is crowned. I don't follow any other sports so this league fills the void.
    I've only seen parts of a game, maybe this weekend I'll get to see a whole game and draw an opinion.
    /s

According to Denver's mouthpiece writer, they are only going to try to re-sign 1 of their FAs and it is a swing tackle that was forced into starting at guard last year after injuries. That includes 5 starters, nickle corner and both backup OLBs. Kind of makes me wonder if Fangio is going want some of the Bears defensive FAs to replace them.

well at least combine is soon, so we'll have actual numbers to talk about!
    Can't wait to see nothing but how good Drew Lock is because he looks good throwing against air.

I am personally going to reserve all my judgement until the combines measure them hands.....gimme the big mitts! Everyone knows you need 10 inch hands to throw a football, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    According to Denver's mouthpiece writer, they are only going to try to re-sign 1 of their FAs and it is a swing tackle that was forced into starting at guard last year after injuries. That includes 5 starters, nickle corner and both backup OLBs. Kind of makes me wonder if Fangio is going want some of the Bears defensive FAs to replace them.

Can't wait to see nothing but how good Drew Lock is because he looks good throwing against air.
    Drew Lock, Smew Locke. Just make sure he doesnt start less than 20 yards on his side of the field or he's toast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Ah, that's something I can do while nothing else is happening, player evaluation.

Watching some video of Drew Lock and here is what I think.
    -His mechanics are horrible, every throw is either backpedaling or flat-footed
    -Every contested catch is instead a drop because he fires it in there flat-footed and doesn't have good enough accuracy
    -Mediocre pocket presence, getting blindside hit by guys on the right side (in front of him) doesn't impress
    -Stares down receivers about as much as most QBs at his stage of development
    -Does a good job changing arm angles to throw around defenders
    -Not much touch, most of his throws come out as hard as he can to compensate for poor feet
    -Good athleticism and speed enough to make a few helpful plays running
    -Average throwing on the run
    -Pretty good selling play fake

He does have a lot of experience which I like, but its gonna take some coaching to fix his footwork which will hopefully improve the ball placement. Its hard for a novice like me to scout his decision making based off tv broadcast but there were some questionable decisions, whether it comes from predetermining his throws, or bad reads I can't say. I wouldn't start this guy right away but if the rest of the draft process checks out he's a decent prospect if a team is willing to be patient.
    /s