Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    No it wasnt a LFD it were the MeetingStones and were the pre-LFG tool to get a group,with no ui at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Except that is literally NOTHING like the LFD we had in wotlk.
    and this was literally just the vanilla meeting stone+trade chat, but you could do it anywhere, so nothing entirely unique, it was just 2 past things put together, same with LFD, it was just this system with roles, and dungeons only, and cross server... each different from the other, but also just updates of the old.
    IDC what was in wotlk you wrote a bs saying that was introduced in wotlk only, and you were wrong.

enough

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daikoku View Post
    No it wasnt a LFD it were the MeetingStones and were the pre-LFG tool to get a group,with no ui at all.
    I love how you say i make no sense at all, but then make this random sentance...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Dizson View Post
    It feels like there is nothing to do. Everything is kinda useless and I will definietly not do things like pet battle or getting transmogs etc. the game is just really dry and repetitive. At least back then you slowly unlocked everything, by doing hard quests to get keys to dungeons etc. nowadays everything is instant and nothing has value in WoW.
    So you have 100% collection completion?
    VOTING IS MOB RULE AND MOB RULE IS MEDIA RULE AND
    MEDIA RULE IS CORPORATE RULE

7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

IDC what was in wotlk you wrote a bs saying that was introduced in wotlk only, and you were wrong.

enough
    no, i was not wrong, you said it was added TBC, no it was added wotlk, you claimed "well this version was tbc" so i said "if we are stretching that much, LFD was added in vanilla"

I love how you say i make no sense at all, but then make this random sentance...
    I'm just pointing out your errors, stop doing them ty

I used to do multiple heroic clears a week across all my toons but now I feel like it's pointless because of M+ and doing dungeons on alts is horrible because of the stupid IO system.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axxil View Post
    So you have 100% collection completion?
    Eh i dont agree everyone should have 100% of the stuff unlocked, or do all the difficulties.
    if people do all the raids on normal, loremaster, and do every bg, etc at least once i think they are good, they dont need to FARM everything, just experiance everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    The nice thing about the lack of a queue LFD system is that you just need to fill a niche some group needs :-)
    "LF1M tank DM"
    Oh hey, I am a warrior, and I have a shield
    /w
    "hey, lvl xx warr, can tank, inv"

Run to dungeon and go. Chitchat a bit as you wait for the one guy who went to Stormwind because he forgot to buy arrows
    Oh no, but the above requires actually communicating with someone, brrr, too inconvenient.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm just pointing out your errors, stop doing them ty
    My errors? LFD was added in Wotlk
    if you want to get ALL OUT THERE it wasnt even TBC like you claim, it was added in vanilla.
    and again also you seem to have missed me and Daemos pointing out the MANY MANY errors you made about pokemon.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    https://web.archive.org/web/20061023...gforgroup.html

stop bs ty

Wrath of the Lich King Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): Looking for Group has been renamed to Dungeon Finder

So LFG was the first LFD

Looking for group and looking for dungeon are two clearly distinct things, one helps you build a group like what we have now on live the other makes a group for you and ports you to a dungeon. Theses things are not the same and even your own link proves that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Pokémon you catch have different Iv’s you actually could in theory TF a Pokemon and get really good ones.
    Different IV's
    different hidden abil
    different natures
    different abilities

so yeah you could titanforge a super good pokemon, or super ultra shitty.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    The nice thing about the lack of a queue LFD system is that you just need to fill a niche some group needs :-)
    "LF1M tank DM"
    Oh hey, I am a warrior, and I have a shield
    /w
    "hey, lvl xx warr, can tank, inv"

Run to dungeon and go. Chitchat a bit as you wait for the one guy who went to Stormwind because he forgot to buy arrows
    Oh no, but the above requires actually communicating with someone, brrr, too inconvenient.

YE but remember that time you spent 2 hour lf a tank then 20min travelling to UBRS and he left because he wasnt getting the blood then you had to go back? mhhh

- - - Updated - - -

Looking for group and looking for dungeon are two clearly distinct things, one helps you build a group like what we have now on live the other makes a group for you and ports you to a dungeon. Theses things are not the same and even your own link proves that.
    No LFD and LFG are the same thing Wrath of the Lich King Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): Looking for Group has been renamed to Dungeon Finder read for christ sake, LFD is the evolution of LFG just like LFG was the evolution of LFG Channel

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shyguybman View Post
    I used to do multiple heroic clears a week across all my toons but now I feel like it's pointless because of M+ and doing dungeons on alts is horrible because of the stupid IO system.
    yeah it feels like the issue is M+ has this weekly garunteed item but raiding lost the one its had for 2 expansions before this.
    also yeah the IO thing, sadly that is player made : / so not much blizz can do.

- - - Updated - - -

No LFD and LFG are the same thing Wrath of the Lich King Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): Looking for Group has been renamed to Dungeon Finder read for christ sake
    World of warcraft vanilla renamed to world of warcraft TBC

Guess they are the same thing right?

7+ Year Old Account
    Back in vanilla there was an LFD but it was... bad, it could even put 5 dps together, that continued into TBC however you could do it pretty much anywhere, instead of at innkeepers and the meeting stones, then replaced in WoTLK with the LFD we know.

In tbc it was just a general group finder kinda like what we have on live now but way worse the wrath lfd was its own thing.

In tbc it was just a general group finder kinda like what we have on live now but way worse the wrath lfd was its own thing.
    that was introduced in 3.3.0 so since 3.1.0 there wasn't any LFD but ok

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bunch of personal assumption, again.
    You have no proof that WF didn't hurt the game otherwise it is crystal clear it ruined the progression of a char in a RPG

Well maybe I'm am one of those 56? Btw also the 419 are counted towards 420 for some add-on so dunno
    You'd be two of those 56 if you had two characters up there. Not a single one fits the description of your alt that got lucky. It's hard to lie about something like that. If your addon bumps your ilevel up it's a bad addon, ElvUI shows decimal points, and the game itself doesn't round up. I've never seen an addon round up. Regardless, you're not being truthful. The odds on getting one max level TF from normal/WQs (both ilevel 385) works out to being once per tier as per Ion in a Legion Q&A. Getting it to happen enough times to shoot your ilevel up anywhere even close to 420 isn't going to happen. Hasn't happened. Like I said, a list of the highest ilevel players is available and none meet that description.

WF/TF didn't ruin character progression. Character progression isn't ruined because you can hit a lottery and get a really nice piece. If you raid Mythic you outgear everyone else. The only possible exception to that is if someone is super super hardcore about M+ and that's not a WF/TF problem, that's M+ working as intended as an alternative to raiding so ..
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    You'd be two of those 56 if you had two characters up there. Not a single one fits the description of your alt that got lucky. It's hard to lie about something like that. If your addon bumps your ilevel up it's a bad addon, ElvUI shows decimal points, and the game itself doesn't round up. I've never seen an addon round up. Regardless, you're not being truthful. The odds on getting one max level TF from normal/WQs (both ilevel 385) works out to being once per tier as per Ion in a Legion Q&A. Getting it to happen enough times to shoot your ilevel up anywhere even close to 420 isn't going to happen. Hasn't happened. Like I said, a list of the highest ilevel players is available and none meet that description.

WF/TF didn't ruin character progression. Character progression isn't ruined because you can hit a lottery and get a really nice piece. If you raid Mythic you outgear everyone else. The only possible exception to that is if someone is super super hardcore about M+ and that's not a WF/TF problem, that's M+ working as intended as an alternative to raiding so ..
    I can imagine you browsing all the chars...ye.

Still personal assumption about WF/TF.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yep.
    which was an upgrade from the vanilla LFD which was a dungeon finder on meeting stones/inn keepers
    but no where near as good as the LFD we got in wotlk, or the LFG we would eventually get in... wod?

7+ Year Old Account
    YE but remember that time you spent 2 hour lf a tank then 20min travelling to UBRS and he left because he wasnt getting the blood then you had to go back? mhhh

- - - Updated - - -

No LFD and LFG are the same thing Wrath of the Lich King Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): Looking for Group has been renamed to Dungeon Finder read for christ sake, LFD is the evolution of LFG just like LFG was the evolution of LFG Channel
    You should really get better sources you’d look like less of a fool instead of spouting things that are both wrong and easily checkable.

Dungeon Finder
    This feature has replaced the Looking For Group tool and provides all-new dungeon party creation functionality.
    Replace is not renamed.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/patch-notes/3-3-0

World Quest dailies.
    Farm for gold which could include a lot of things.
    Make an alt.
    Find a raiding guild or raiding group.
    Complete keystones and find a Mythic+ group.

I do agree with you that it is kind of dry and repetitive.

Blizzard should to do these things:
    All future zones have one quest chain that takes you throughout the zone instead of a bunch of random quests.
    World quests are kill quests from those quest chains after you've completed it from the quest chain.
    All new quests have the animated dialog box. We want more story to be told!
    Each instance have an attunement quest chain. Server-wide account unlocks.
    Instances require characters to complete it on normal to unlock heroic, heroic to unlock mythic, and all dungeons on mythic to unlock keystones.
    Server-wide account housing where you can decorate, upgrade, etc.
    Housing could include other things similar to the Legion Garrisons: mines, farm, lake or stream for fishing, etc.
    These things could require you to have max expansion-skill to have access to quest chains.
    Mines and farm require max skill as well and will be blocked off if you drop the profession.
    Add in a new specialization to all classes instead of a new class to give everyone something to discover.
    Last edited by RumbleShakes; 2019-04-02 at 03:39 PM.