Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizson View Post
    Yeah sadly the game is in a bad state nowadays, I hope next expansion will be better.
    I don't think the next expansion will be better. It will be just more Bfa. Same Ion with same dev team and same design. When the next expansion gets revealed you will see Ion in interviews going like "people love stupid rep grinds, rng, rng inside rng of titanforging rng spiced with extra gating gates so we decided to listen to our beloved community and keep them, we are also proud of the record breaking strong cash shop participation in Bfa, one of our greatest achievements. Don't forget to check our new limited edition flying rainbow deathwing mount available for only 59.99 $."

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    As far as max level end game stuff goes bfa is Proabbly the most and highest quaility of all the expans other then mop and Mabye legion.

Classic had farming dungeons/raids but no real world content other then grinding mobs.

Tbc had daily’s and rep farms and then some PvP content with the towers.

Wrath had just daily’s for rep.

Cata was same as wrath.

Mop had daily’s brawlers guild PvP quest heroic/normal scenarios special quest like the green fire for warlocks, mini games on the timeless isle, and brought back mob farming in places like the dinosaur island and challenge mode.

Wod has thoses horrible fill the bar daily’s and pretty much nothing else other then challenge mode and ashrand.

Legion had WQ withered training mage tower mob grinding with nether shards then Zone invasions and planet invasions on Argus mythic+ And brawlers guild

Bfa has WQ invasions warfronts islands PvP stuff with war mode mythic + brawlers guild and Proabbly more to come.

This of course isn’t counting max level quest content which legion pulls ahead in by a massive margin Proabbly followed by bfa.

As well as every expan having the stander dungeons raids and bg’s as well as Mat farming.

Though I’ve Proabbly forgot a thing here or there.
    WQ are from Legion so you cant really list in BFA due to not a single new aspect rather than "daylies 2.0"

Warfronts and Island are basically considered a Joke by the majority since Warfronts are farmed for getting fast gear on ALT and even when you get the gear you only do the Weekly

Island Expedition still ALT stuff due to ez EXP there is only a Weekly AP otherwise nobody will bother doing them beside xmog and pet collector

BFA wins over Legion only on the Art Dev Team, Zuldazar/Drustvar alone shit on every region from Legion beside Suramar, but any Legion zone even Argus shit on zones like Stormsong Valley.

Beside that still wrongly comparing XYZ to BFA on QUANTITY instead of QUALITY content.

Vanilla had better solo/class content from Class Quest to Epic Quest, Legendary Quest

TBC had Flyght and the First Tier of Reputation with the best ratio of Reputation Level Reward, BFA is like Legion shit tier you get Exalted and still have 60itm lvl more than any Exalted Crap item the vendor sells

Wotlk Questline vs Arthas was enough plus you had the first Hard Mode content in Raiding that GAVE UNIQUE GEAR in one of the best raid of wow aka Ulduar plus Algalon as secret boss, you could rep through dungeon that imho is way better and funnier than spamming the same Rare WQ or praying for no Bechead WQ

Cata was a mistake

MoP had CM that were pure challenging content, there is nothing like that in BFA and myth raiding doesnt count, PvP Quest 2.0 and Green Fire Epic Quest was an amazing oppurtunity to give to other class stuff like that since it was universally love by any warlock, wasted afaik, and 2 nice outdoor zone like Isle of Thunder and Timeless Isle, which if you compare to Argus are on a different planetary scale

WOD was terrible, like cata they forget previous milestone, CM were ok but they didnt tuned some trinkets

Legion had TOWER MAGE THAT LITERALLY SHIT OVER ANYTHING ELSE beside CM, Artifact Skin itself made tons of content from PVE to PVP to SOLO CONTENT like Retribution and Unholy HIDDEN SKIN, they also added Paragon Chest that was an interesting concept for the problem of "why I have to do WQ if im exalted?" concept they forgot for like 3 months early BFA and ofc they didnt add mounts but PETS so people interest crashed down.

BFA have AFKFRONTS and IE that are literally done only once through the Weekly then you proceed to do AFKfronts with alt for ez gear and not even bothering doing with Main because you already knows that it will not TF

So according to this BFA is BESIDE RAID and ART, a step backward compare to Legion even 2 step backward.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Good thing in Legion we had 3.
    and those were linear not circular farming since when you unlock a Golden Traits it will be UNLOCKED FOREVER not "ah lol this new piece requires 5 more level to unlock the same traits i already have ahaha lol xd" plus there was the benefit to have something visible and with unlockable skins

I must somehow missremember my 2.5 million circle rounds in dalaran while i wait for raid/arena buddys to come online in WotlK, game had always nothing to do outside of raiding/pvp when youre a player who dumps all his free time into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Daikoku View Post
    and those were linear not circular farming since when you unlock a Golden Traits it will be UNLOCKED FOREVER not "ah lol this new piece requires 5 more level to unlock the same traits i already have ahaha lol xd" plus there was the benefit to have something visible and with unlockable skins
    They're getting rid of this in 8.2. No need to rant lol.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am still puzzled that people assume that only 9/9 + Glad + 3k rio {whatever it means lol} are eligible to criticisze wow.

By this logic you have to be 9/9 etc etc to say that there is something worth to do, no?

- - - Updated - - -

Well not really, if casuals can get myth gear through TF they will get bored asap since they are not doing prog in myth raid so they will burn out faster also they will not feel any kind of accomplishment throught getting lucky, luck is not a metric
    You're perpetuating the myth that casuals are walking around with more than a piece or two of decent gear. There's no such thing as an LFR/Normal heroic that's walking around decked out in Mythic gear from their content. There's infinitely more gear inflation from M+ than from lucky TF procs, and that's just M+ working as intended as an alternative to raiding.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    You're perpetuating the myth that casuals are walking around with more than a piece or two of decent gear. There's no such thing as an LFR/Normal heroic that's walking around decked out in Mythic gear from their content. There's infinitely more gear inflation from M+ than from lucky TF procs, and that's just M+ working as intended as an alternative to raiding.
    Even someone like Musclebrah (number 1 on R.io score), who completed like 500 M+ dungeons in BfA season 2, and the vast majority at a very high level, has 414 ivl. Less than what Mythic drops baseline. Zmok is 416 ilvl even playing a dozen of high M+ every day.

And the flawed logic "a casual can be mythic geared" (not only one or two pieces) is NEVER proven. Not a single armory link, nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post
    I must somehow missremember my 2.5 million circle rounds in dalaran while i wait for raid/arena buddys to come online in WotlK, game had always nothing to do outside of raiding/pvp when youre a player who dumps all his free time into the game.
    Hey, according to 95% of this forum it was the epitome of video games!
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2019-04-01 at 09:25 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    Even someone like Musclebrah (number 1 on R.io score), who completed like 500 M+ dungeons in BfA season 2, and the vast majority at a very high level, has 414 ivl. Less than what Mythic drops baseline.

And the flawed logic "a casual can be mythic geared" (not only one or two pieces) is NEVER proved. Not a single armory link, nothing.
    Exactly. I've only ever seen two verified screenshots of an LFR item hitting cap and one of them was back in Nighthold. It's extremely rare. Ion said during a Q&A near the end of Legion that the team expects that on average a normal raider would see one piece of gear per tier that was Mythic base ilevel or higher. That's extremely insignificant. That devalues nothing for us, but it's certainly fun for the casuals.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Exactly. I've only ever seen two verified screenshots of an LFR item hitting cap and one of them was back in Nighthold. It's extremely rare. Ion said during a Q&A near the end of Legion that the team expects that on average a normal raider would see one piece of gear per tier that was Mythic base ilevel or higher. That's extremely insignificant. That devalues nothing for us, but it's certainly fun for the casuals.
    Indeed. I'm not saying a lucky titanforge can't happen. I got 415 bracers on a shitty alt by doing a warfront. But it's disingenuous to say you can be fully mythic geared by playing casually. However, for some reason, WoW is apparently filled with 415 ilvl NM heroes. You have never seen one? Who cares? Even this possibility (so unlikely mathematically that it becomes ridiculous) is apparently a warcrime.

you're perpetuating the myth that casual = bad at the game. A+10 is not hard. this many weeks into the season, and a bit of luck, you have quite a few 400, 410 pieces in different slots.

Quote Originally Posted by huehuehue View Post
    you're perpetuating the myth that casual = bad at the game. A+10 is not hard. this many weeks into the season, and a bit of luck, you have quite a few 400, 410 pieces in different slots.
    Yeah, 400-410 (heroic level with a proc). Not fully 415.

Imagine if they spent less time on April's Fools jokes and more on making refreshing, engaging content. WOW could be in a much better place.

I feel I have more access to stuff than I used to.

Used to spend a ridiculous amount of time just afking in town doing laps of said area. The Pandaria Shrine of Seven Stars music is still ingrained in my mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Agree! I just log in to complete and start new missions. Occasionally i do the 400 ilvl bosses on alts if i have an hour or so over from not playing any of the better games

- - - Updated - - -

Thats my take on your list of things to do in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Agree 100% with your fixed list

- - - Updated - - -

Which in practice means there is nothing to do for people that dont like those boring as fk things.
    Again, this is subjective of you. YOU think they are boring, other people love it. And HOW can you possibly balance it so everyone have something they like without having something someone else dislike. Blizzard CAN'T cater to only those who enjoy raid nor can they cater only to those who like Pet Battles. The variety is needed!

Yeah, 400-410 (heroic level with a proc). Not fully 415.
    a person doesn't need to be full 415 to fulfill the other guy's point about burnout.
    Last edited by huehuehue; 2019-04-01 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by huehuehue View Post
    a person doesn't need to be full 415 to prove the other guy's point about burnout.
    His point about burnout doesn't make any sense. To quote him:

if casuals can get myth gear through TF they will get bored asap since they are not doing prog in myth raid so they will burn out faster also they will not feel any kind of accomplishment throught getting lucky, luck is not a metric
    It implies that:
    - casuals will stop because they have a lucky proc once in a while
    - they care about "acomplishment" but they won't be happy if they have a lucky proc. Being "burned out" because I got a really good item? Seriously? If you happen to find 50 euros on the street, you'll happily take it, you'll not say "oh no, I don't deserve it".
    - they play to get the best ilvl possible/do the highest content possible.If you're casual there are plenty of reasons to play the game, but the hardcore thing is not one of them.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2019-04-01 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Again, this is subjective of you. YOU think they are boring, other people love it. And HOW can you possibly balance it so everyone have something they like without having something someone else dislike. Blizzard CAN'T cater to only those who enjoy raid nor can they cater only to those who like Pet Battles. The variety is needed!
    Variety is definitely needed but we don’t have that in terms of the grinds that have been brought in BfA.

The only way to grind AP is through islands/world quests. Those two are the exact same shit and both get very boring quickly. They removed m+ from the AP grind which was a horrible move, so now pve players that wanna work on their neck are forced to do this garbage content that they get bored of after 2 runs.

Same goes for reputation. Only way to grind that is by doing world quests. It’s insanely boring.

They need to add more variety to these grinds. M+/islands/WQs/BGs for AP so if you get bored of islands you can just do m+ or some casual BGs. Dungeons/raids/WQs for rep, that way if you don’t wanna farm world quests constantly you can just do dungeons and take a break from WQs.

They keep implementing these long never ending grinds while pidgeon-holing players into 1 way to complete the grind. If these long ass grinds had more ways to do them I’m sure there would be less complaints. In legion dungeons were being farmed through m+ at any level whether it was 5 or 15 because they offered AP which helped get away from the monotonous world questing.

If everything is instant how did i not even hit revered with a few factions before i stopped playing? Am i playing the game wrong?

You are right.... Most people will try to make you believe now that you are wrong and your opinion should not be taken... But numbers don't lie... And the game is dying.. Has been dying very slowly, numbers tell us that the game was the lowest quantity of online players in its history and it keeps getting worse... I have to say most of the reason is the lousy and really bad gameplay the game has... The vast minority rule the forums right now... But they are fine playing a dead game, with bad and repetitive gameplay...
    But that's what they stand for... A minority that with time will mot be able to keep the game from existing.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Variety is definitely needed but we don’t have that in terms of the grinds that have been brought in BfA.

The only way to grind AP is through islands/world quests. Those two are the exact same shit and both get very boring quickly. They removed m+ from the AP grind which was a horrible move, so now pve players that wanna work on their neck are forced to do this garbage content that they get bored of after 2 runs.

Same goes for reputation. Only way to grind that is by doing world quests. It’s insanely boring.

They need to add more variety to these grinds. M+/islands/WQs/BGs for AP so if you get bored of islands you can just do m+ or some casual BGs. Dungeons/raids/WQs for rep, that way if you don’t wanna farm world quests constantly you can just do dungeons and take a break from WQs.

They keep implementing these long never ending grinds while pidgeon-holing players into 1 way to complete the grind. If these long ass grinds had more ways to do them I’m sure there would be less complaints. In legion dungeons were being farmed through m+ at any level whether it was 5 or 15 because they offered AP which helped get away from the monotonous world questing.
    - You need to grind AP if you're in Method/Limit/Exorsus only, and the amount of AP required is nerfed every week. The weekly islands missions give 2500 AP. A paragon cache gives 2500 AP. A lot of mission tables reward AP.
    - You can gain reputation by using the table missions. It's not an enormous amount, but if you check regularly it makes an interesting amount. Doing the war campaign (starting with the first mission after unlocking the 3 opposite zones until BoD raid) gave me 12.000 reputation points. The questlines in every zone give a fair amount of reputation aswell. If you happen to have an incursion in an emissary cache zone, it's +500 rep for both reputations if it occurs in your continent, or +1000 if it happens in the enemy continent.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2019-04-01 at 10:00 PM.

casuals will stop because they have a lucky proc once in a while
    In reality, the luckier they get, the luckier they need to be for upgrades in the future.

they care about "acomplishment" but they won't be happy if they have a lucky proc. Being "burned out" because I got a really good item? Seriously? If you happen to find 50 euros on the street, you'll happily take it, you'll not say "oh no, I don't deserve it".
    It's always nice to get tf/wf, but there's a certain point where odds of an upgrade are just not worth putting the time in for.

Its weird to be arguing against burnout in a time where you get gear the fastest ever..