Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Annka View Post
    WQ's reminds more of WoD bonus objectives than actual dailies
    If you want to dailies in BfA - here is how you do it:

1. Go to any zone
    2. Click on 3 or 4 random NPCs and pretend to get quests from them
    3. Do 3 or 4 random WQs in that zone.
    4. Come back to said NPCs and pretend to hand them in.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post

1. Go to any zone
    zZzZzzzzz i'm not into RP

zZzZzzzzz i'm not into RP
    Would it help if someone wrote an addon to put a blue ! above 3 or 4 random NPCs ?

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Would it help if someone wrote an addon to put a blue ! above 3 or 4 random NPCs ?
    At this point are you trying to be annoying because i don't agree with you or?

At this point are you trying to be annoying because i don't agree with you or?
    Not trying to be annoying, just trying to point out your error is all.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    world quests, along with the emissary system, offer a lot more variety than dailies

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be fine with a mix of both. World quests for just general stuff to do in the world but dailies in the vein of MoP where each faction has a mini story told over them.

10+ Year Old Account
    World quests. They change up enough to keep them less awful imo.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I'm not talking about the daily cap of 20 that was removed.

I'm talking about how each hub only had a certain amount and that was it for the day. World quests refresh twice a day though I'm pretty sure, and have far more in a zone overall.
    Typically every 6 hours, sometimes 4. If you go look at the quests and compare the durations. They'd say something like 23, 17, 11, 5 hours remaining. With some 21s, 15s, 13s mixed in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I mean yeah you had choices, Icecrown (your only choice) and Storm Peaks (your secondary choice with around 10 or so dailies in it) and Sholazar Basin (gotta get that green drake mount! Come on, this week for sure!). But did we have any over in Howling Fjord or Grizzly Hills, my two favorite zones? Nope.

Once I got the green drake and polar bear mounts that left me with Icecrown exclusively, my least favorite zone due to the dreary color scheme and music. (except the argent tournament. I did like that music.)

That's just justifiably complaining that WQs are too rewarding (of which I agree, my "alt" has been better off than my raiding main all expansion), rather than really countering why I like them, which is that they take me to more than just the max level zones.

Think in reverse as well, how much worse Legion would have been if we only had dailies in Argus and the Broken Shore. People complained enough about Legion aesthetic fatigue having those two patches in a row, but at least you could go do stuff in Suramar. (which surpassed Howling Fjord for me as the most gorgeous zone in history)
    Fjord I can't remember any. Grizzly Hills had pvp ones all over the west side, at the sawmill along the river and the Venture Co.? along the coast.

1. Go to any zone
    So I have to pretend to be immersed in the game now instead of actually be immersed? Got it.

Neither.

Give me vanilla like rep grinds with outdoor mobs that have interesting loot tables containing a micro-chance to drop cool stuff/recipes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dailies, MoP v5.0 style.. Was pretty much the perfect way to do it..

A shit load of dailies to do, organized in neat hubs.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

World Quests are great and have the potential to be incredible SOCIAL content if they were ever implemented on a server with its own in-game community. Much better social content than dailies.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I prefered dailies. WQs is basicly running to a spot, joining the LFG, waiting for an invite, hit a mob twice and be done. Most of it really does feel like just running/flying around or waiting for respawns. Dailies gave you 1 hub where you completed multiple objectives, which feels a lot better, since you actually spend more time playing the game, rather than looking at a different monitor while traveling. IDK, it just feels pretty counterintuitive to need another source of entertainment while playing a game, since there's literally nothing going on in the game for common short lengths of time.

It's not even like WQs are less repetitive. CoA has like, what, 3 WQs? How often have you aoe farmed elementals? Same thing with the tortollan stuff, they added the new drawing ones but it's still a small poolto draw from.

That all aside, WQs do suffer from scaling making them take a bit longer, they also suffer from a lack of flying early on in expansions, which is what made dailies very easy to go out and do.

WQs are improved versions of dailies.

World quests dont make any sense, no story or knowing whats going on behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    WQs, lets me keep going out into the world rather then always go to the same spot every day over and over and etc.
    so your ok with same bland npc face "go do this" be done in 2 min but do 80 on the map vs MoP style that at least had a story progression for the faction you were doing the daily quests for?

Ill take any form of daily quests again vs WQ and the abysmal quest table
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

They’re basically the same thing. With level scaling, the difference would now be we see daily hubs in Jade Forest as opposed to max level zones.

Although, I would say dailies.

I don't really seem a huge difference. I mean, professions have their own WQs...

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Dailies. Isle of Thunder in 5.1 did it best with each set sending you to a different specific area for that day.

World Quests are scattered all over the place and feel very shallow.