Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    It makes sense from a practical and business standpoint. Which is why they're candidates for the Tinker class. The Horde needs another small Tinker race, Tinkers supposedly need a more popular race than Gnomes and Goblins. Vulpera use the Goblin rig, etc. Blizzard isn't going to let lore get in the way of that. They'll simply make new lore.

Also fox (or fox-like) people using technology is a popular concept in gaming.
    So, the reason they should be tinkers is because you want them to be,despite having almost no lore behind it, and that the class is a little person club so no big boys allowed, despite the lore showing Mag'Har and Dark Iron Dwarfs and Lightforged having a strong mechanical aptitude. Still makes no sense, sorry.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    I'd be interested in a tech-based class on 3 conditions.
    1. It has different visuals for different races. Like druid forms but more extensive.
    2. It is available to every race with high level technology
    3. It's not called Tinker. Because that name is so fucking awful.
    Your ideas for the class make a lot more sense. Someone was throwing around Artificer as a name, which sounds a lot better than tinker, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    She was saying that her character is level 65 right now on live servers, that's not the bit that people are talking about. "I'll be working her up to 120 or you know they'll do some things, something is happening that might change that, i'm not quite sure about all that." is the bit that everyone is talking about regarding the level squish.
    We will get squished to 60 and new cap of 65 mark my words

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofCazicThule View Post
    So, the reason they should be tinkers is because you want them to be,despite having almost no lore behind it, and that the class is a little person club so no big boys allowed, despite the lore showing Mag'Har and Dark Iron Dwarfs and Lightforged having a strong mechanical aptitude. Still makes no sense, sorry.

- - - Updated - - -

Your ideas for the class make a lot more sense. Someone was throwing around Artificer as a name, which sounds a lot better than tinker, in my opinion.
    Well it is the D&d equivalent

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    The revamp to go with it is about as well hidden as Mechagon, too.
    #teamstartingarearevamp

i can't take more the cata shit, nothing make sense.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    We will get squished to 60 and new cap of 65 mark my words

60 to 70 i am putting money on

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    #teamstartingarearevamp

i can't take more the cata shit, nothing make sense.
    Fucking agree 100%
    I am so done with the Cata zones, they need to be changed

5+ Year Old Account
    Where do you guys saw the name Artificer? So I could see for myself. The only one I know is from DnD, and it's REALLY cool. The thing is, they use spells along with their inventions. It's more like they use spells to make something useful/magical, but still being mechanical inventions, nothing like mages. I'd be down for something like that, and looking at blood elves, I think it's quite possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    as organization? they won't adopt it. As someone individually? they will. especially that Discipline spec teach you to balance things, and "where is light - there is shadow" that's NOW established lore. And why not cultist? because we don't get that calss from start and with ESTABLISHED lore we won't get him. (also you can slap cultist skin on priest making it healing shadow too, if you want). and yeah. Cultist serve the cult. Church is cult. So light users are also "cultists". Just not shadow ones. there is those who devote to light, and those who devote to shadow. Both can be considered as priests.
    That is an odd assessment. We may not have a 'Cultist' but we have a Warlock that is exactly the same. And Warlock has the Affliction spec which is practically same as Shadow.

The origin of the Shadow Spec actually came from an overzealous designer who decided to split Affliction into two specs on different classes, and that is how Shadow was born. All lore we have explaining two sides of light was to explain the actions of a Designer with a desire to add a DoT spec to priests. This is the context of the design.

It wasn't some writers saying 'we want to explore the light so lets add shadow because the light should have two sides to it'. The lore comes from taking any closest connection between Light and Shadow and building a bridge for it .

We see examples of design having to be explained by lore in this way numerous times; from Night Elves gaining Mages to Gnomes and Tauren adopting Priests.

What you explain as 'individuals do this but the organization doesn't' is nothing but headcanon accepting what is literally left unexplained. And tbh, in a way its ironic that you easily accept Shadow Priests as individuals adopting Void, but you would say Dark Rangers adopting Void as a stretch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liszt View Post
    Where do you guys saw the name Artificer? So I could see for myself. The only one I know is from DnD, and it's REALLY cool. The thing is, they use spells along with their inventions. It's more like they use spells to make something useful/magical, but still being mechanical inventions, nothing like mages. I'd be down for something like that, and looking at blood elves, I think it's quite possible.
    There are Artificers on Dreanor, but I can't recall any other artificers that aren't Dreanei

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Artificer

So we could have artificers instead of tinkers

Artificer is what draenei engineers are called.

I believe there's also blood elves and nightborne with the title, but I don't remember off the top of my head.

They don't use magic themselves, like in DnD, but their technology is very arcane-oriented.

5+ Year Old Account
    Ah, I see. Still, close enough. I really doubt Blizzard would limit new classes to goblins and gnomes, so we can still see something like these draeneis and blood elves. Perhaps as one of the specs? Yeah, I can imagine it. It would fix the problem with tinker being so different from the general vision of Warcraft at least a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    That is an odd assessment. We may not have a 'Cultist' but we have a Warlock that is exactly the same. And Warlock has the Affliction spec which is practically same as Shadow.

The origin of the Shadow Spec actually came from an overzealous designer who decided to split Affliction into two specs on different classes, and that is how Shadow was born. All lore we have explaining two sides of light was to explain the actions of a Designer with a desire to add a DoT spec to priests. This is the context of the design.
    Care to provide proof for any of that? Because as far as i remember, Affliction is essentially Necromantic curses, while Shadow was originally Mental magic stuff and the "dark side" of Priest ability to soothe mental pain as well as physical.

Warlocks mostly came from Mages seeking a quicker way to power, and has little to nothing of cultic behaviour, with most of them being secretive loners to avoid detection.

High elf should be a Horde Race. Alliance have two elfs.

Ah, I see. Still, close enough. I really doubt Blizzard would limit new classes to goblins and gnomes, so we can still see something like these draeneis and blood elves. Perhaps as one of the specs? Yeah, I can imagine it. It would fix the problem with tinker being so different from the general vision of Warcraft at least a little.
    Best way to do it would be having race themed tech like druids get race themed animal forms. That way people who want a gnome tinker can have that and people who want a draenei artificer can have that, etc.

I'd really rather not feel pigeoned holed into a single spec if each spec is based on a different race. But that'd still be preferably to the gnome/goblin only crap people here seem to want.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    By the way we all talk about Westfall, but don't forget the unused durotar rocks. Or all the warfronts. Or the various zones updated in pre events over the years. Or the buildings and doodads and mobs.

This revamp has been drip driping to us for 6 years now.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    High elf should be a Horde Race. Alliance have two elfs.
    1) There should be no elves in Horde at all.
    2) Alliance: Night elf + Void elf / Horde: Blood elf + Nightborne

- - - Updated - - -

What are all these Westfall updates everyone is talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    1) There should be no elves in Horde at all.
    2) Alliance: Night elf + Void elf / Horde: Blood elf + Nightborne

- - - Updated - - -

Elves are in Horde because Humanic racism PLAY WARCRAFT 3

5+ Year Old Account
    Dead defies and update westfall maps i think

Blizzard completely dropped all of the human's racism and sexism in WoW so they could be the goody two shoes white knights they are now.

Elves are in the Horde because of Garithos' racism. Not humans in general.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Blizzard completely dropped all of the human's racism and sexism in WoW so they could be the goody two shoes white knights they are now.

So pic isnt work but its J J Jameson laughing kos your serious lol
    Last edited by Thatch Rackham; 2019-10-25 at 03:18 AM.