Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    He can't destroy my dream.
    That just means we are doing it wrong!

[img]
    I can't wait to tame that
    A little sad I can't tame that, though..
    So long as we don't get a Drustvar druid form pets situation again i think i will be able to live with it. Still cannot truly forgive the devs adding a specific line from the Kul Tiran druid trainer talking about taming the animals there, and then not allowing us to. Even when they are clearly not druids who are shapeshifted.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    So long as we don't get a Drustvar druid form pets situation again i think i will be able to live with it. Still cannot truly forgive the devs adding a specific line from the Kul Tiran druid trainer talking about taming the animals there, and then not allowing us to. Even when they are clearly not druids who are shapeshifted.
    I would be surprised if we don't get a lot more Spirit Beasts in Shadowlands, at least.

I would be surprised if we don't get a lot more Spirit Beasts in Shadowlands, at least.
    But wouldn't all beasts technically be spirit beasts in the shadowlands?

That's probably because of the late decision to differentiate the Thornspeaker and the Drust stuff aesthetically.

See: the balance form not being the "cool wicker thing i wanted wahhh" because wicker =/= Thornspeaker. The original idea was probably just "lol scary bone monsters in the forest" and then they made lore about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    ..Yes.
    10chars

10+ Year Old Account
    Muffins is such a troll. I think the activity from him is a sign that they are at least TRYING to get datamining up today.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Muffins is such a troll. I think the activity from him is a sign that they are at least TRYING to get datamining up today.
    We can only hope, honestly.
    It feels closer than ever, but it also means I need it more.

5+ Year Old Account
    We can only hope, honestly.
    It feels closer than ever, but it also means I need it more.
    Don't worry. Just watch a few hours of FFVII Remake streams and the first datamined assets will be on the front page before you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Makes me think, I'd assume most if not nearly all enemies in the Shadowlands would be undead by default. Would make dungeons... interesting if Priests and DKs suddenly have some of the most powerful CC options available while abilities like Sap fail to work.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I agree. I am sure they want to get it up and running for datamining (as then that also means it's prepped as planned for this week's alpha to get started).

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Makes me think, I'd assume most if not nearly all enemies in the Shadowlands would be undead by default. Would make dungeons... interesting if Priests and DKs suddenly have some of the most powerful CC options available while abilities like Sap fail to work.
    That does bring up quite the interesting conondrum.

You obviously cannot have everything be undead, or the variety would be lacking, hunters not being able to tame stuff or similar.
    But you also cannot simply have a regular showing of creature types, or this death themed expansion would have nothing bu humanoids, instead of undead for the DKs to mind control.

My guess would be that entities from the Maw will be classifeid as undead, while the rest are humanoids.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    I agree. I am sure they want to get it up and running for datamining (as then that also means it's prepped as planned for this week's alpha to get started).
    That is what gives me hope. Get it up and running as soon as possible (which means in a datamineable state) and then have plenty of time to open it up to players.

- - - Updated - - -

My guess would be that entities from the Maw will be classifeid as undead, while the rest are humanoids.
    Funnily, I had the exact same train of thought. The actually bony or spooky looking stuff will probably be undead.

Random note: Ion's tweet about the article confirmed that the alpha had been delayed prior to now (and incidentally, the the blog post was originally going to be one of his video speeches like the patch reveals we've had for BfA) so I guess this potentially gives credence to influencers giving dates and then backtracking.

https://publish.twitter.com/?query=h...0&widget=Tweet

That is what gives me hope. Get it up and running as soon as possible (which means in a datamineable state) and then have plenty of time to open it up to players.

- - - Updated - - -

Funnily, I had the exact same train of thought. The actually bony or spooky looking stuff will probably be undead.
    Good point. Guess it is a moot point anyways, seeing as going by the conventions of WoW only things that have left the Shadowlands into their original bodies are undead.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    No NDA on the upcoming testing. Closed means invite only.
    LoL Imagine if Ion was like "We're very excited to give you an alpha preview of Shadowlands" But also "Only 50 people are getting in & You can't see any of it" on the same day

Almost forgot. Wonder if we will get more Bolvar stuff in this first Alpha build. I believe we have already seen his in-game model, but i assume he will have some voicelines which migh be interesting.

Almost forgot. Wonder if we will get more Bolvar stuff in this first Alpha build. I believe we have already seen his in-game model, but i assume he will have some voicelines which migh be interesting.
    The Bolvar?

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    The Bolvar?
    The Bolvar, yes of course.
    Almost forgot my manners and insolently called him bolvar instead of his proper title.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not a new model for his daughter too ...
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"