Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    When questing as a level 12, mobs usually die before I can get 4 combo points because energy regen is so slow. So, what's the intended use of slice and dice if I can't get enough energy for 2 finishers. Why slice and dice over backstabbing and eviscertating etc? Is the intended use to build up points and use slice and dice on one mob and then try and kill another mob while it's still up?
    Slice and dice is a buff that you'll mainly use on longer fights than whatever leveling mobs you tango with or when you're in a fight with multiple targets flowing together so you go from one to one to one and you might opt to slice and dice rather than evisc for overkill.

edit:

eventually you get more methods of generating combo points so you won't be needing 5 activated skills to reach 5 pts and things are very different.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Slice and dice is a buff that you'll mainly use on longer fights than whatever leveling mobs you tango with or when you're in a fight with multiple targets flowing together so you go from one to one to one and you might opt to slice and dice rather than evisc for overkill.

edit:

eventually you get more methods of generating combo points so you won't be needing 5 activated skills to reach 5 pts and things are very different.
    Alright. Thanks for the reply.

When questing as a level 12, mobs usually die before I can get 4 combo points because energy regen is so slow. So, what's the intended use of slice and dice if I can't get enough energy for 2 finishers. Why slice and dice over backstabbing and eviscertating etc? Is the intended use to build up points and use slice and dice on one mob and then try and kill another mob while it's still up?
    Well, get used to an overall slower gameplay until you cap hit then you'll have a more reliable cp generation. Also combat is literally the only way excluding some builds like sub with Misplaced Servo Arm for PvP (i don't remeber if it worked for pve also - man the nostalgia).

Most of the time you'll be spamming SS to keep up SnD and Rupture, Evis is just a filler. Level up poisons as they're super useful while leveling. All elementals/mechanicals are immune to them so rake up Whetstones aswell.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by GreekPowa View Post
    Hey guys... I didn't play classic at all so it's really new to me, I could use some advice on professions.
    I was gonna go skinning/leatherworking but a friend of mine told me that alchemy could be good for surviving and for making poisons. Don't know if he was screwing with me but anyway :P

What do you think?
    You'll want herbalism, not alchemy. This will let you farm for fadeleaf and swiftthistle for creating blind powder and thistle tea.

wod subtlety was really good if anyone can remember. vanilla is ok but with out flying and gear feels better to play retail. just my thoughts everyone seems to be playing classic right now.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2019-08-30 at 04:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thieves cant View Post
    wod subtlety was really good if anyone can remember. vanilla is ok but with out flying and gear feels better to play retail. just my thoughts everyone seems to be playing classic right now.
    You have thoughts? I never knew.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2019-08-30 at 12:06 PM.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Combo points remain on the dead mob's body for a time after it's killed. So my advise is so whatever you want to make it dead, wait for energy, then use anything still on the mob to refresh snd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coldbear View Post
    Any sites or links to guides for keybinds?
    Make keybinds for yourself, what suits to you not to others. Learn with basics E,F,Q,R,T,X,F1-6 and continue with ctrl and shift buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    orc is the most optimal vanilla rogue horde side due to stun resist and bloodfury.

Human is the best alliance side for sword expertise which is massive for pve because of reduced chance of glancing blow.

Undead and gnome are notable number 2 options that are also incredibly strong and if you prefer those races/racials you certainly would still be able to complete content with no problems
    Human is the best alliance side for sword expertise which is massive for pve because of increased glancing damage and impact on hittable (+5 weapon skill reduces the chance to miss against bosses by 3% / equals +3% to hit).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    You'll want herbalism, not alchemy. This will let you farm for fadeleaf and swiftthistle for creating blind powder and thistle tea.
    at some point you want alchemy instead of herb, because at some point buying herbs out of the ah is much more effective than to farm it by yourself (at some point you get gold faster than herbs).

Quote Originally Posted by Millyraynge View Post
    Human is the best alliance side for sword expertise which is massive for pve because of increased glancing damage and impact on hittable (+5 weapon skill reduces the chance to miss against bosses by 3% / equals +3% to hit).

- - - Updated - - -

at some point you want alchemy instead of herb, because at some point buying herbs out of the ah is much more effective than to farm it by yourself (at some point you get gold faster than herbs).
    Why did you quote me to repeat what I said?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Why did you quote me to repeat what I said?
    You wrote something completely different? Weapon Skill does not reduce the chance of getting glancing blows. Also you didn't mentioned the more important effect on the hit table.

Have you guys noticed, if you have Sap keybinded to 1 on the stealthbar and 1 also keybinded to Kick on the action bar you will Sap > Kick the target if you spam Sap?

It seems the game queues spells when you are spaming...or maybe is batching, idont know.

If i spam Garrote, for example....i will Garrote > Eviscerate because they are both keybinded in same key.

Solution:
    Have Sap and Garrote have an exclusive keybind (no other spell on that same key)

You can have Ambush and backstab keybinded on the same key though for maximum profit

I dont know what is causing this

Hi. I'm leveling a Rogue using the so-called 'Dagger spec'. Backstab and Ambush require a dagger in the main hand to use, but is there any reason not to use a sword in the off-hand? What would be the advantage of x2 daggers? (If there isn't a specific advantage to x2 daggers, should I swap Off hand around whenever I get a sword that's stronger than a dagger and vice versa?)

Also an extra question, while leveling, is there any point in using Rupture? Seems like a waste of energy when I could just use Backstab/SS/SnD

Thanks!
    Last edited by Season2mask; 2019-09-04 at 06:57 AM.

Hi. I'm leveling a Rogue using the so-called 'Dagger spec'. Backstab and Ambush require a dagger in the main hand to use, but is there any reason not to use a sword in the off-hand? What would be the advantage of x2 daggers? (If there isn't a specific advantage to x2 daggers, should I swap Off hand around whenever I get a sword that's stronger than a dagger and vice versa?)

Also an extra question, while leveling, is there any point in using Rupture? Seems like a waste of energy when I could just use Backstab/SS/SnD

Thanks!
    Sword Offhand is absolutely good.
    Its mandatory when you have sword specialization, as far as i understand.

But there is one advantage in having dagger offhand.
    That you will be leveling up the dagger skill while leveling

But since you are already sinister striking with a dagger on main hand...i guess this is no problem.

Rupture is good to kill high level mobs.
    Example:
    Evasion > tank mob and make combo points > Evasion ends > Rupture > Kite the mob with cripling poison and let rupture do the job.

Thanks!
    - you can run any weapon (combo) you want until the point at which you choose your weapon specialization on your talent tree.

- also the higher your level, the longer it takes to increase your weapon skill to the (new) maximum significantly. So dual wielding the same weapon type becomes more effective.

- I am not a huge fan of rupture. It pretty much prevents you from using cc's like gauge / blind at some degree, important abilites to help you recover your hp and cooldowns in harder situations. The performance of rupture is overall too weak to waste a debuff slot for it, so it's usualy not allowed getting used in raids. In group environment monsters/bosses are dying too fast anyways.

- A dagger rogue usually only performs backstabs and keeps SnD up. Eviscerate to dump combo points on a dying target.

Hey guys... So I am leveling a Human Rogue, currently level 31. My talents currently are 2/2 Improved Sinister, 3/3 Improved Gouge, 5/5 Deflection, 5/5 Precision, 2/2 Endurance, 1/1 Riposte, 2/5 Dual Wield Spec and 1/1 Blade Flurry...
    I play the oh so exciting Sinister&Eviscerate game, using 2 Daggers so I can Ambush (I learned Cheap shot, isn't worth it in my opinion).
    However, the plan was to go Sword Spec, but I don't have any swords. Also some guides don't even recommend Sword Spec, they just skip it.

I hope I can someday be able to use Garrotte, Slice and Dice, Rupture and the other spells, right now it's not worth it in the open world.

Total noob question here. I know that your highest DPS wep should be in your MH, but does speed matter? I have The Black Knight in mainhand (1.90) and Sword of Corruption in OH. (2.10) Usually the slower is in MH but in this case it's not. Is this a problem?

Total noob question here. I know that your highest DPS wep should be in your MH, but does speed matter? I have The Black Knight in mainhand (1.90) and Sword of Corruption in OH. (2.10) Usually the slower is in MH but in this case it's not. Is this a problem?
    Check the damage range of the weapon.
    You want the one with bigger numbers on main hand...which is usually a slow weapon.

Black Knight has a damage range of 26-49

If you have something BIGGER than that...put on main hand.

But this is only if you have the choice bro. If you have no other choice...its ok use what you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Check the damage range of the weapon.
    You want the one with bigger numbers on main hand...which is usually a slow weapon.

Black Knight has a damage range of 26-49

If you have something BIGGER than that...put on main hand.

But this is only if you have the choice bro. If you have no other choice...its ok use what you have.
    The Black Knight and sword of corruption where both upgrades over my other swords. Blackknight is mainhand and corruption is one hand, so I have no choice where to put them. Black Knight has more dmg but also happens to be faster than the slightly weaker OH. Just wondered as it's a bit weird to have a quicker wep in MH (but it IS stronger)