Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    There's literally no argument against this. Would be a great *personal* option, that effects no one else in any way.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    No changes. /thread
    guess we should change the entire settings screen then, as none of that was in vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    We already had like 20 of these threads.
    No changes.
    Everything is perfect in Classic.
    except many have already been made. like view distance

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    You can't just say "hurr durr u didn't read my post" when someone disagrees.

It is simply not possible because the different animation rigs they have.
    could literally just add in the new models... private servers have done this for years, there is many famous private servers like a super wll known wotlk one, where you download their client and then boom you have the updated models, and some servers that even without custom clients allow you to in WOTLK 3.3.5 have LEGION and even BFA MOUNTS

hell there is even a super famous wow vanilla server that has no classes, that has the warlock purple class mount from legion for 100$ on its store.
    btw this server is played by people who cry that blizz has a store.
    https://youtu.be/TwD5nxTPBt8?t=474

i HIGHLY encourage you watch the whole thing

this is the "vanilla p server community" selling mounts made by blizzard which are in the game for free, for 100 DOLLARS on their store. all while crying about how blizzard has an ingame store.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2019-09-14 at 09:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

No thanks, they took a shortcut with the new player models, making all combat animations look alike.
    part of the charm of the old models, that for example each warrior race would have a distinct swing animation for Heroic Strike.
    Id rather keep the original flavor, then looking at another bland batch of mediocrity.

Dont get me wrong, new models look decent, but as with all things implemented in the last few years, they half arsed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Exactly. Who cares how you can see me?
    Exactly. So why would it matter if people who want the new models can activate them. Thanks that you to agreeing with me. Who cares how i can see you, so bring back the new models for people who want them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    No thanks, they took a shortcut with the new player models, making all combat animations look alike.
    part of the charm of the old models, that for example each warrior race would have a distinct swing animation for Heroic Strike.
    Id rather keep the original flavor, then looking at another bland batch of mediocrity.

Dont get me wrong, new models look decent, but as with all things implemented in the last few years, they half arsed it.
    Yes, but how would it affect you if there was an option for it on a personal basis, disabled by default and only be enabled for people who want them. Like we had in WoD.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by salate View Post
    Why models are so important? O_o
    It’s just personal preference.
    I would have loved all of classic in the new ever models / art assets.

Everything else can stay the same.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    I would not like it. Would ruin classic tbh.
    Could you at least say how would it ruin classic. Because if i say the moon is made from cheese, i should have at least an argument for it. So please tell me how would a toggle in the interface-option, that make only the one who plays the game see it and is disabled by default ruin classic with the new models. I would like to hear an answer to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolus Rex View Post
    I would really like to see this. Some of the old models, like Dwarf are just awful and especially the new Gnome female looks so gorgeous and I would love to be able to use that model. I don't see anything wrong with this as an option.

This could even extend to new NPC models, like wolves and bears, and even druid forms. As OPTIONAL of course.

Some people will say that it is not classic, if there are any changes being made to the game.

1. If you don't like it, don't use it. It won't ever have an effect on you at all. This is a purely positive thing.
    2. We already have many changes in Classic, like being able to rearrange your characters in the login screen, being able to restore your deleted characters and even something very similar to an optional graphical update. The water effects in Classic were different. If I have my settings on high I see the new, wonderfully clear water that was later updated.

So I really don't see anything wrong with having these things as options. I have yet to see one coherent argument against an option for new character models.
    A fantastic idea! But no other changes. Well, this and flying. Nothing else. #NoChanges #SomeChanges #JustMyChanges

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    If you are right, why do you think Blizzard left out that option?
    Because of #maga... i mean nochanges-morons who would flip the table if blizzard had an option for it. These people love to decide how you should play the game, and would completely tick out if you don't do play the game how they want you to play it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    A fantastic idea! But no other changes. Well, this and flying. Nothing else. #NoChanges #SomeChanges #JustMyChanges
    Dear Arkanon, we have already PLENTY of changes. And do you have.. let's say maybe a reasonable answer how would it change your game if somebody else activate it on their client. I know screaming #maga... #nochanges (i always mix them up, both are stupid) is easy, but how about also giving a reason too, would be nice to hear it.

But hey, #maga... oh #nochanges!

I want tmorph while they're at it

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Because of #maga... i mean nochanges-morons who would flip the table if blizzard had an option for it. These people love to decide how you should play the game, and would completely tick out if you don't do play the game how they want you to play it.

- - - Updated - - -

Dear Arkanon, we have already PLENTY of changes. And do you have.. let's say maybe a reasonable answer how would it change your game if somebody else activate it on their client. I know screaming #maga... #nochanges (i always mix them up, both are stupid) is easy, but how about also giving a reason too, would be nice to hear it.

what part of "fantastic idea" is confusing to you?

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Trying to make this political serves no purpose other than to have folks dismiss you out of hand. Surely someone has said this before.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

what part of "fantastic idea" is confusing to you?
    Maybe the rest of your sarcastic answer:

I thought that this was going to be one of the slight changes to classic along with the spell effects change if you wanted to turn it on, it really doesnt change gameplay, just a bit more pleasing to the eyes, although imo some races models look better the old way, like my human mage doesn’t look weird in the face like her retail counterpart.

Maybe the rest of your sarcastic answer:
    So you think changes are a good thing, and openly mock those who oppose change, and yet the moment you see someone mention flying, you automatically think they are being sarcastic because that is such an absurd suggestion? How unbelievably hypocritical of you. Its almost like you really wants changes, but, only the changes you like..............you know.............like.............#JustMyChanges - read you like a book mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Trying to make this political serves no purpose other than to have folks dismiss you out of hand. Surely someone has said this before.
    It's not about political, it's about the same stupid reasoning. Nochanges and maga-cultists are absolutely the same species. They are immune to reasoning and stick to their doctrine, even through they don't even know what their doctrine is, because they only stick to their stupid #hashtag buzzwords. #maga, #nochanges is absolute the same stupidity. They hear a buzzword and that's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by salate View Post
    Why models are so important? O_o
    Because, some people who said they wanted vanilla just wanted retail minus things they didn't like.

So you think changes are a good thing, and openly mock those who oppose change, and yet the moment you see someone mention flying, you automatically think they are being sarcastic because that is such an absurd suggestion? How unbelievably hypocritical of you. Its almost like you really wants changes, but, only the changes you like..............you know.............like.............#JustMyChanges - read you like a book mate.
    Wow, the "today's most stupid answer" award might already be yours. I really hope that you can differentiate between something that is completely client-based, would not affect your gameplay or gameplay in general and is optional and something that disrupts the game, would change the gameplay and would change the way the game is played.

But maybe my hope for common sense is too much here.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolus Rex View Post
    I have yet to see one coherent argument against an option for new character models.
    Then you are blind. Vanilla wow didn't have enhanced character models. Classic will not have them. Play BFA if you want all the polys. Otherwise just turn graphics up to 10 and it basically looks the fucking same....better actually.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Then you are blind. Vanilla wow didn't have enhanced character models. Classic will not have them. Play BFA if you want all the polys. Otherwise just turn graphics up to 10 and it basically looks the fucking same....better actually.
    Vanilla wow didn't had a working raidframes, vanilla wow didn't had graphic settings up to 10, vanilla wow didn't had view distance this high, vanilla wow didn't had layering, vanilla wow didn't had a colorblind mode, vanilla wow didn't had a voice chat, vanilla wow didn't had battle.net-integration, vanilla wow didn't had... do you see where this goes.
    CLASSIC IS NOT VANILLA. Classic works on the Legion-Client, a client where all the data about the new character models is already in the game. It would be an optional feature that only affects people who activate it, and would not change gameplay at all. Giving peole a choice....smarter actually.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Go play retail.
    Wow, this is probably the most throughout answer that we had in this thread. Really, you even thought of adding play between go and retail. You even ended this sentence with a .

I bow to your eloquence for this really well thought answer.