Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    11/10! Thank you papa actiblizzard please hire more top tier writers to help with your writing and consistency issues, who retcon their one work after one expansion.

On the plus side now when I blindly defend blizzard from someone pointing out something stupid they did again that could easily have been avoided by caring/the slightest bit of planning I can never be wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Is no one going to discuss, that in previously established lore even as recent as Cata, maybe MoP, the Shadowlands was similar to the Emerald Dream. Whereas the dream is Azeroth in a natural state, the Shadowlands was Azeroth but shrouded in shadows. Wraiths, and the dead wandered there. It was also where the Acherus Deathchargers came from.
    This game is also 15 years old. Name another game that's that old. Course shit is gonna be retconned. It's like Dr.Who at this point, changes on a dime.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

AS ABOVE, SO BELOW.

Look it up. Study it. Also, be careful of the flat earthers in your search.

The emerald dream is not even close to the same concept.

But yes. Everything you gain as knowledge will effect your past once you run it through the knowledge you've gain, to gain a new perspective.

That, or you actually listen to your warcheif's words and trust her. You're only gaining retrospect through your eyes. She's living in the present moment.
    Last edited by scelero; 2019-11-02 at 10:28 PM.

I mean, all it really establishes is that they can introduce new lore that Chronicle doesn't establish because it was written years ago.

Did you really want them to rely only on lore they established in 2016 for the rest of the Warcraft franchise's lifespan?

Well, no, that would apply only to Chronicles. There's still plenty of non-Chronicles material for them to retcon. Like, I dunno, characters' own internal dialogue from the novels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

It feels extremely bizarre that the monochrome logo for Shadowlands is seemingly designed around the corpse run realm you go to when you die - which was originally defined as the Shadowlands - but is now apparently the spirit healers keeping us from the actual Shadowlands, which is an entirely separate plane that looks nothing like Azeroth?

So what does that make the corpse run plane, then? The Not Shadowlands?

We just didn't know the full story, come on bro Blizzard is a small indie company, just turn your brain off bro, where did they ever actually say what they said was the only part of what they said they said, it's canon from the titans PoV, If you complain about mistakes they'll never be able to expand the lore, please let me justify my sunk cost fallacy.

Pick any option.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Well, no, that would apply only to Chronicles. There's still plenty of non-Chronicles material for them to retcon. Like, I dunno, characters' own internal dialogue from the novels.
    Sylvanas is in 6d chess territory now without a doubt.

"Silly lore plebs, you actually thought we'd release a definitive, final answer set of books, thereby preventing us from selling more later, and retconning at will?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

expanding lore isnt a retcon. few ppl knew anything about the shadowlands because people dont come back from the dead.

the reasonable thing would be to assume what Mortals, who have no idea what the afterlife is, refer to the shadowlands as that ethereal state of azeroth where ghosts live.

and that souls pass from THERE to the REAL shadowlands

Its the difference between "gamer"(a person who plays games, like Halo or Solitaire) and "Gamer"(someone who sees their primary identity as a competative exploritive fun loving rage fueled nerd)

its the Shadowlands

its literally "the land of shadow"

any place thats dark could be called that
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    I mean, all it really establishes is that they can introduce new lore that Chronicle doesn't establish because it was written years ago.

Did you really want them to rely only on lore they established in 2016 for the rest of the Warcraft franchise's lifespan?
    Except that's not all it really establishes. It also establishes that the Chronicles are tainted by an unreliable narrator, giving Blizzard an excuse whenever they contradict something that was written in them. You know, kinda the actual point of this thread. That has absolutely nothing with the idea that they can't introduce new lore. Literally no one said anything even resembling that.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Sylvanas is in 6d chess territory now without a doubt.
    She broke 5th wall and is deceiving even the writers. But if she's not going to get a lol-redemption, she will still manage to lose!
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    "Silly lore plebs, you actually thought we'd release a definitive, final answer set of books, thereby preventing us from selling more later, and retconning at will?"
    Oh it was bound to happen, but they have the gall to say the whole thing is from the Titans perspective, now that is almost insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    It feels extremely bizarre that the monochrome logo for Shadowlands is seemingly designed around the corpse run realm you go to when you die - which was originally defined as the Shadowlands - but is now apparently the spirit healers keeping us from the actual Shadowlands, which is an entirely separate plane that looks nothing like Azeroth?

So what does that make the corpse run plane, then? The Not Shadowlands?
    It makes corpse running the entry hall to the Shadowlands.

At least the artwork in the books was nice.

Seriously though, I don't have a huge issue with retcons, but that is a pretty weak excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Oh it was bound to happen, but they have the gall to say the whole thing is from the Titans perspective, now that is almost insulting.
    I really like the Titans' perspective on the events happening on Draenor long after Sargeras sliced their asses though. What a deep look on things. It's almost as if they were not there.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    https://twitter.com/MickyNeilson/sta...67482059038720

I'm dying out of laughter.

They would be idiots not to give themselves an escape route for ensuring they could add content without being forced into a lore straight jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    I really like the Titans' perspective on the events happening on Draenor long after Sargeras sliced their asses though. What a deep look on things. It's almost as if they were not there.
    Or the very first pages describing the universe before they were actually born XD

10+ Year Old Account
    That’s fairly common practice in any huge IP to always tell your story from certain points of view so that they can be questioned and flawed. Elder Scrolls books in game are written by bias characters covering the same topics with conflicting points of view. The Game of Thrones books are all POV with many of the supplementary written by Maesters. I’ve always found it immersing.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unreliable_narrator
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

Imagine selling a book on the basis that it’s going to provide concise lore and now that’s not even what it is anymore.

I feel bad for everyone who bought it lmao