Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If I were pressed for the single best-written moment in the entire series, that's the one that would've been my pick. You didn't need Serkis saying "I'm in" or any bullshit like that. Just choosing to answer the question about how many guards, you knew. That's all you needed. It's so perfectly trimmed down to just the necessary, tightest elements.
    I really liked the scenes with Kino giving his speech too. There is such an impression of finality to the characters in the show. When it's summed up in that ending when Andor goes to die- the poetic symmetry of the series really was satisfying.

5+ Year Old Account
    interesting interview, says many things I wanted to hear n stuff..

from 13:16,

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    from 13:16,
    Good interview but for the love of the Light does that dude not have an editor able to make both persons the same volume?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I really liked the scenes with Kino giving his speech too. There is such an impression of finality to the characters in the show. When it's summed up in that ending when Andor goes to die- the poetic symmetry of the series really was satisfying.
    Agreed. And I just read a couple of days ago that Andor is only slatted for two seasons or 24 episodes.

I really, really hope they find a way to write Andy Serkis into the second season. It's right there for him to help with the Rebellion.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Good interview but for the love of the Light does that dude not have an editor able to make both persons the same volume?
    I don't know that channel, so no idea how his videos are regularly..

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I really, really hope they find a way to write Andy Serkis into the second season. It's right there for him to help with the Rebellion.
    TBH I wouldn't mind him not being in it. Great character, great actor, but also a deeply emotional last scene. I like to believe some of those dudes helped him out and dragged him to shore, but I have no problem not knowing if they did. Sometimes a vague end to a character just works (for me).

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    TBH I wouldn't mind him not being in it. Great character, great actor, but also a deeply emotional last scene. I like to believe some of those dudes helped him out and dragged him to shore, but I have no problem not knowing if they did. Sometimes a vague end to a character just works (for me).
    Good point - I do also like the vague ending. I just him as an actor and the character as well, he would be fantastic in S2.

A bit too late to the game on this one, as this series wasn't really getting as much publicity or talk as the other shows so I wasn't expecting much but thought I'd check it out anyway.

WoW It's really the best Star Wars show in a long time, and stands on its own as a great show outside of Star Wars. After being sorely disapointed by Obi Wan and Boba Fett, this show really hit it out the park. So much messaging and subtext to every scene.

The end episodes were a bit hokey an excuse to get all the plot threads back together again, but the rest was on point. Some great new morally complex characters, love Luthien and Kino Loy in particular, and loved the prison break. They really know how to build tension.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    A bit too late to the game on this one, as this series wasn't really getting as much publicity or talk as the other shows so I wasn't expecting much but thought I'd check it out anyway.
    Sadly I think thats a combo of lack of outrage since the show was good, and also just lower viewership since andor's a nobody to the average SW fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    Sadly I think thats a combo of lack of outrage since the show was good, and also just lower viewership since andor's a nobody to the average SW fan.
    Probably right. We're up to 159 pages now of people moaning about She-Hulk. Love it or hate it, it ended 3 months ago, how tf are people still ranting about it?

I'm not going to lie, when I first hear it announced I was thinking "but why??". Really digging Andor now though, and so much more invested in the Rebels than I ever was in the OT.

Anyone who hasn't seen it yet, go watch!
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Probably right. We're up to 159 pages now of people moaning about She-Hulk. Love it or hate it, it ended 3 months ago, how tf are people still ranting about it?

I'm not going to lie, when I first hear it announced I was thinking "but why??". Really digging Andor now though, and so much more invested in the Rebels than I ever was in the OT.

Anyone who hasn't seen it yet, go watch!
    because apparently nowadays its all bout hate-boners. Negative reviews do better on youtube, publications are practicaly running a competition on who can use the most provocative negative title without outright lying about contents of their articles, etc etc

Best the hate brigade can manage to whinge about Andor is that its slow paced, but even then, that pace has a purpose that becomes very apparent pretty quickly. She-Hulk even though I personaly very much enjoyed, has a lot more to latch on to, to hate - so they do.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    Its mostly because the last trilogy and the later shows with the exception of Mandalorian was either bad or just "meh", people lost the interest in star wars, even if its good, like Andor, people just don't care about it.

I did heard some good things about the animations, but it didn't pick my interest. Atm im just waiting for mandalorian and maybe Ashoka.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2023-01-07 at 11:28 AM.

If there's nothing to complain about, there's nothing to talk about.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    If there's nothing to complain about, there's nothing to talk about.
    Wrong. If there's something to complain about, debate ogres come out to objectively "correct" people who complain.

Imagine if you people didn't give a shit.
    /spit@Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Wrong. If there's something to complain about, debate ogres come out to objectively "correct" people who complain.

Imagine if you people didn't give a shit.
    That's nice, dear.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    I did heard some good things about the animations, but it didn't pick my interest. Atm im just waiting for mandalorian and maybe Ashoka.
    Presumably, you prob want to watch some of the animations if you want to get Ashoka, or at least read some synopsis for both Clone wars and Rebels. Ashoka's character is almost entirely built in the former and that person she is looking for in the Mandalorian? Pretty sure that is Erza, basically the Rebels protagonist.

As for Andor, I dunno, felt pretty underpromoted to me. He is a way to obscure character for the casual viewer to go "It's Star Wars, we basically have to watch it"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazza View Post
    Presumably, you prob want to watch some of the animations if you want to get Ashoka, or at least read some synopsis for both Clone wars and Rebels. Ashoka's character is almost entirely built in the former and that person she is looking for in the Mandalorian? Pretty sure that is Erza, basically the Rebels protagonist.

As for Andor, I dunno, felt pretty underpromoted to me. He is a way to obscure character for the casual viewer to go "It's Star Wars, we basically have to watch it"
    I think i watched clone wars years ago, so i don't remember much, but i will definitely going to read stuff before, i don't dig too much on the start style of animation.

Andor was rly slow paced, when public for stream is used to more action, this being a weekly release didn't help to keep the fire, if they had throw all episodes in, like a netflix show, it would make more success.

Then again, people are kind angry at disney after obi-wan fiasco, i know people who just fuck off from star wars after that.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    I think i watched clone wars years ago, so i don't remember much, but i will definitely going to read stuff before, i don't dig too much on the start style of animation.
    Think the 7th and last season for clone wars is really recent (2022 or 2021?) Thought the finale was pretty good.

Andor was rly slow paced, when public for stream is used to more action, this being a weekly release didn't help to keep the fire, if they had throw all episodes in, like a netflix show, it would make more success.
    I think that is why they initially released 3 episodes, to counteract that somewhat. It's a bit sad, because nearly everybody that I know that actually finished the series is like "I don't know why but I want more of this" at the very least. But it's also true I know people that jumped ship after episode 3 or 4. Now personally, I don't see that as a bad thing. It should absolutely be fine if a series is not for everybody, because it is impossible to please everybody.

Then again, people are kind angry at disney after obi-wan fiasco, i know people who just fuck off from star wars after that.
    Again, anectodical, but Obi-wan was a mix of good, bad and downright silly for me. It was overall watchable with enough good parts in it that made it worth it for me. I do hope you are wrong and Andor did not get Solo'd (As I still feel like that movie would have done a LOT better if it wouldn't have been released after episode 8)

7+ Year Old Account
    Think the 7th and last season for clone wars is really recent (2022 or 2021?) Thought the finale was pretty good.
    I watch one animation that was about Anakin and Ashoka as his padawan, ages ago, but i liked the story, just the animation didn't please me much.

I think that is why they initially released 3 episodes, to counteract that somewhat. It's a bit sad, because nearly everybody that I know that actually finished the series is like "I don't know why but I want more of this" at the very least. But it's also true I know people that jumped ship after episode 3 or 4. Now personally, I don't see that as a bad thing. It should absolutely be fine if a series is not for everybody, because it is impossible to please everybody.
    I think i stop watching at episode 5? because i was waiting until they released everything, and had work. But i love it, it felt star wars to me. I personally think the slow paced worked, i was big fan of it, remind me Bladerunner, but it would please me more people if the show was release entirely in one go.

Again, anectodical, but Obi-wan was a mix of good, bad and downright silly for me. It was overall watchable with enough good parts in it that made it worth it for me. I do hope you are wrong and Andor did not get Solo'd (As I still feel like that movie would have done a LOT better if it wouldn't have been released after episode 8)
    It was decent fun but it has some glaring problems, like, i remember the bit when Obi-wan had to shot the laser barrier to pass... Then they show a view that shows how he could easily walk around, so, weird?. Show didn't make much success with the fans and normies didn't give much shit about it since no baby yoda.

And yes i think disney burnt a lot of bridges with the last trilogy, if it was not for Mandolarian i think the movies/shows would be dead, with only animations coming up.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2023-01-08 at 08:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Just to expand, Ahoska, The Mandalorian (and BoBF), and Rebels are their own mini-saga within the franchise.

I would recommend if some asked to at least watch a summary of Ahsoka's arc in Rebels (I think even Disney has one on their youtube channel with the stuff from Rebels), at least the end of Thrawn's arc (best the last episodes), and the Mandalorian arc

Resident Cosplay Progressive