Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Don't you just need to kill Thrall/Alleria each time to get to level 6? How can you possibly fail that? I guess some people are trying to push into harder zones early, but that's really kinda pointless.
    can get fucked by disconnecting

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Don't you just need to kill Thrall/Alleria each time to get to level 6? How can you possibly fail that? I guess some people are trying to push into harder zones early, but that's really kinda pointless.
    Its actually kinda scary the amount of people failing.

I actually failed one thrall kill with level 1 cloak on my monk. It was alt with only rank 1 essences and 410 ilvl. You have to remember that Thrall hits about 18k so you have to be able to do pretty decent dps on him if you dont have really good heals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Its actually kinda scary the amount of people failing.
    Sadly, after a bit of thought, I'm not surprised at all. Thrall has like two mechanics after all, that's a lot of things to watch for for your average wow player.

Sadly, after a bit of thought, I'm not surprised at all. Thrall has like two mechanics after all, that's a lot of things to watch for for your average wow player.
    Thralls mechanics depend on how many side areas you completed, he has two only if you completed none of them.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't about people being incapable of killing Thrall, it's about the instance having a strict time limit that's further reduced by failing any mechanic. Until they get sanity orbs, any exploration is punished and will prety much always fail the instance. Combine this with the people being generally less geared - thus taking even longer to kill the boss - and it makes for a fairly challenging scenario early on.

Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly View Post
    Thankfully capped or there would be knucklehead mythic raiders neglecting their health to get it leveled up.
    And that should really, really not be your concern. Let other people make choices for themself please.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are just being dumb as fuck, that's all.

Trying to do shit they don't need to do right now, failing and falling behind. Reminds me of some dude in the guild telling how he saw a guy in chat not being sure if he should use cloak or whether it was an upgrade.

These are the people who have to do visions and handle corruption mechanic... failing a vision will be like least of the issues there, wait until you have random ass plebs rocking 60 corruption and getting two-shot right and left in LFR or M+, because they have no clue how the system even works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    This isn't about people being incapable of killing Thrall, it's about the instance having a strict time limit that's further reduced by failing any mechanic. Until they get sanity orbs, any exploration is punished and will prety much always fail the instance. Combine this with the people being generally less geared - thus taking even longer to kill the boss - and it makes for a fairly challenging scenario early on.
    I guess I'm a bit bias but, on a 438 survival hunter it took me all of about three minutes to clear trash up to Thrall and kill him. My sanity probably wasn't even half drained. 438 is decent gear but nothing amazing, mostly m+ and heroic warfront gear. I don't see how people can be under 420ish unless it's the freshest of alts (which, Korraks, so lol) or someone who didn't play 8.2. Either way it's so easy to get decent gear that I don't get why people would risk runs at 400 when you can get to 415-425 in a few more days.

You also get orbs after your first run if I remember correctly, you get a quest directing you to it and everything. I get people wanting to explore but at this point it should have been common knowledge that you're suppose to start small and go further as your cloak gets stronger.

Once again though, I'm biased, I took 10 minutes to read about features, and planned to branch out into other zones at cloak rank 5 when your sanity resist is 40% and I could get 3/3 increased damage talent. This type of research is just second nature to me so sometimes I don't think about the fact that some people basically refuse to read outside info/guides.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    And that should really, really not be your concern. Let other people make choices for themself please.
    People should care about other people. Mythic guilds already reach unhealthy levels of farming, adding cloak on top of that would be insane.

For instance, a friend of mine was watching Method (If I remember correctly) farm island expeditions for azerite, they were well over 150 runs for that session alone. That's just for neck level, there's still m+ farming in the new season before raiding like 18 hours a day for a week+.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I guess I'm a bit bias but, on a 438 survival hunter it took me all of about three minutes to clear trash up to Thrall and kill him. My sanity probably wasn't even half drained. 438 is decent gear but nothing amazing, mostly m+ and heroic warfront gear. I don't see how people can be under 420ish unless it's the freshest of alts (which, Korraks, so lol) or someone who didn't play 8.2. Either way it's so easy to get decent gear that I don't get why people would risk runs at 400 when you can get to 415-425 in a few more days.

You also get orbs after your first run if I remember correctly, you get a quest directing you to it and everything. I get people wanting to explore but at this point it should have been common knowledge that you're suppose to start small and go further as your cloak gets stronger.

Once again though, I'm biased, I took 10 minutes to read about features, and planned to branch out into other zones at cloak rank 5 when your sanity resist is 40% and I could get 3/3 increased damage talent. This type of research is just second nature to me so sometimes I don't think about the fact that some people basically refuse to read outside info/guides.
    You still need to finish your first run to get enough currency to buy the orb research. For an undergeared player, the first run will be the hardest. And 438 isn't exactly low - sure it's 10 levels below mythic raiders, but still a higher number than random player who struggles with low level M+.

And no, 'start small' isn't common knowledge. There is very little information ingame for the average player. You enter the place, get the objective marker and, well, that's it. Even the time limit itself isn't very clear, what with the boss reducing it every time they hit with their mechanic. There is no information about drops from enemies (as in, there's almost none, don't waste your time fighting random mobs). There is nothing saying how many attempts you get per week. Even experienced players can be surprised, what with the "click the mailbox to spawn a rare" thingy.

Someone who didn't read about Visions beforehand can easily be surprised by the difficulty of the thing, which is far above the usual zerg content like WQ, Islands or Warfronts.

I don't see how people can be under 420ish unless it's the freshest of alts (which, Korraks, so lol) or someone who didn't play 8.2.
    Not everyone does M+, Heroic Warfronts or even Normal mode raiding. Just because YOU don't get it, doesn't mean others don't.

Got DC'ed once right at thrall, felt bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    Not everyone does M+, Heroic Warfronts or even Normal mode raiding. Just because YOU don't get it, doesn't mean others don't.
    Nazjatar and LFR could get you 420 ilvl.

Nazjatar and LFR could get you 420 ilvl.
    Could, but not everyone went there enough for that. Some people don't like Naz. Some people don't do raiding, not even LFR. The game is so much more than itemlevel to some people, so again, just because you don't get it doesn't mean others don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Fartoo View Post
    It's not pointless, its more tokens for upgrades. I managed to push into the two middle rooms, not the hardest ones, and it was pretty tight but I still managed to do it. A few of my guildies tried the same but either messed up and died or just miscalculated the time they would need to get back to Thrall and kill him. It's actually quite easy to fail if you're not paying atention.
    I'd say also, I've had VERY different experiences between class / spec tests. Going as a ret pally, got my head caved in a couple times. Switched to prot, and it was much easier. On a beast master hunter it's a cake walk. It seems like any melee class that's not a tank will get bent over sideways if you're not above ilvl 410.
    /sig

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    Could, but not everyone went there enough for that. Some people don't like Naz. Some people don't do raiding, not even LFR. The game is so much more than itemlevel to some people, so again, just because you don't get it doesn't mean others don't.
    He's still correct though, you're not playing 8.2 content if you're someone still at 400-410 ilvl. And if that is case, then those people shouldn't be surprised when 8.3 content, which is designed with higher ilvl in mind, can't be completed. It's like someone complaining they can't do lvl 120 content when they decided to shut their exp off at 110 and chose not to do the things that raise your level.

Game is definitely much more than ilvl and raiding and gearing. But people who don't do those things shouldn't then complain or be surprised when they're trying to do content that requires a modicum of ilvl/gearing. It's like someone spending all their time in WoW playing the AH and then complaining their ilvl 380 AH toon can't queue up for LFR Eternal Palace. Blizzard puts certain expectations on players for certain content, just like players put a fuck ton of expectations on Blizzard.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    nah to get to 6 you need to clear at least one of the side objectives

Its the only point of the feature beside cloak upgrades for me: fun solo content. Finding out the visions are designed to make you avoid risks and only do safe runs until the cloak is capped was my biggest disappointment from the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Easiest Legendary I've ever gotten. Also seems to be the easiest I'll ever upgrade as well. Ilvl 420 here I come. (417 atm).

- - - Updated - - -

More or less them just being extremely on point with the chests.
    If only I had the time to have dedicated time at my computer rather than just my cell phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Amariw View Post
    Its the only point of the feature beside cloak upgrades for me: fun solo content. Finding out the visions are designed to make you avoid risks and only do safe runs until the cloak is capped was my biggest disappointment from the patch.
    It's shitty design.

"Do difficult things to get better rewards" is progressive difficulty design. "Risk not getting a reward at all to maybe get a better reward" is gambling.