Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Yes, that is why they posted the entire RNA-sequence 3 days after identifying a new virus and sent samples of it to all leading medical facilities all over the world to produce a test.
    That means zero in studying the actual infection patterns though. Developing a vaccine or discovering current possible preventative drugs by the international community still benefits them.

10+ Year Old Account
    So would you please stop with the 'not doing anything' for months bullshit, it's simply not true.
    See, buddy. You are acting on bits of information you are graciously allowed to know by China.

I have no clue what kind of quack doctor you are, but if you yourself say that first case was detected mid November, which means the said patient already had it for at least a week and started spreading it, given how contagious the virus is you already had hospitals packed by said end of December. The said whistleblower doctor is exactly that - a whistleblower - a person who got fed up with and decided to come out with that, a thing that is not trivial in China.

So yes, you already had a very clear picture in the end of December about what is going on - to the point where desperate physician started doing what would be considered madness in other times in China.

Whether the fuckup was on local health officials or government who clearly already knew shit is blowing up in their faces, but chose to go full poker face OR central government who tried to suppress the news - it does not matter. It's all down this shitty corrupt government where freedom of speech is a crime and sucking up to big wigs with outright lies and misrepresentation is a blessing.

So yes, EVEN if you give them benefit of the doubt - they could have at the very least saved a month. I'm not even talking about that criminal celebration during the plague that was allowed to go on.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2020-03-23 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    That means zero in studying the actual infection patterns though. Developing a vaccine or discovering current possible preventative drugs by the international community still benefits them.
    So, if they have others study infection patterns and develop vaccines, what crucial information were they allegedly sitting on?

15+ Year Old Account
    The Virus has been spreading everywhere since early January.
    Yeah, hence it's quite stupid to criticize Italy for their actions because everyone else, the US included, have been doing the same exact mistakes this far.

Italy just had more infections than others and weren't doing anything about it - just like nobody else was.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Hey but for reals though, doesn't this shine a light on the fact that we need to start nominating folks in their 40's and 50's?

Especially 40's, because you've got a hefty amount of life experience by that point, but you're vibrant enough to really go after the political ambitions your constituents voted you in to pursue.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    We are rushing into disaster and we have a bunch of financier ghouls like Lloyd Blankfien and Buck Sexton and a whole chorus of demons all discussing if keeping the country on lock down is worth it and maybe a million dead is an acceptable loss to keep the markets running.

Trump is going to be torn between his gaggle of demon economic advisors; pretty much the entire political establishment who wants to get the economy back as normal, and really find any deaths to be acceptable losses.

Cuomo and Trump will come together and find a way to make it happen in 15 days time, even if the death toll has sky rocketed and hospitals are over run, expect a lot of articles concern trolling about if "harming the economy" is worth all this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Yeah, hence it's quite stupid to criticize Italy for their actions because everyone else, the US included, have been doing the same exact mistakes this far.

Italy just had more infections than others and weren't doing anything about it - just like nobody else was.
    Hell, they did not closes beaches here until the end of the week when everyone had already partied.

Its hard to be in the US and point fingers.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I have no clue
    Only true thing you've had to say about all of this from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    See, buddy. You are acting on bits of information you are graciously allowed to know by China.

I have no clue what kind of quack doctor you are, but if you yourself say that first case was detected mid November, which means the said patient already had it for at least a week and started spreading it, given how contagious the virus is you already had hospitals packed by said end of December. The said whistleblower doctor is exactly that - a whistleblower - a person who got fed up with and decided to come out with that, a thing that is not trivial in China.

So yes, you already had a very clear picture in the end of December about what is going on - to the point where desperate physician started doing what would be considered madness in other times in China.

Whether the fuckup was on local health officials or government who clearly already knew shit is blowing up in their faces, but chose to go full poker face OR central government who tried to suppress the news - it does not matter. It's all down this shitty corrupt government where freedom of speech is a crime and sucking up to big wigs with outright lies and misrepresentation is a blessing.
    You can, of course, prove, that China is withholding information, right?

The first Case of November 17th has been identified by people on March 13th, looking through files. It wasn't recognized as to what it is back then. Coronaviridae cause symptoms similar to influenza, and whoever treated the patient of Nov. 17th probably thought he had just that, influenza.

Nobody knew this was blowing up in anybodies face until it did. By the end of December we still thought that it was a) extremely localized, with only a dozen infected, and b) a different if related disease. From the time the virus spread all over China, well documented and known to all, to the point where the west actually starts to react, weeks went by.

By the time someone sought to inform anyone that there might be something going on, the virus was, to our knowledge, already spreading for 6 weeks. Probably longer.
    Last edited by Skulltaker; 2020-03-23 at 11:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Hey but for reals though, doesn't this shine a light on the fact that we need to start nominating folks in their 40's and 50's?

Especially 40's, because you've got a hefty amount of life experience by that point, but you're vibrant enough to really go after the political ambitions your constituents voted you in to pursue.
    40 and below make up a huge portion of the hospitalizations.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post

Correct. That and the mismanagement of their healthcare system beforehand. But they aren'T alone with that either.

10+ Year Old Account

Then start, I quite honestly was shocked at this Zombie parade you made there - a bunch of walking corpses vying for the job that is out of their capacity. There was whole 1 young guy who was unelectable from the get go, because apparently we still have this need to culturally police what people do with their willies.

After brilliant Obama, they put out this freakshow to tackle yet another walking corpse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Well given that Trump seems to think we'd be ok to start opening up in 2 weeks when that's not been the case anywhere else in the world, no its not fine. America is not special.

and Im mad because Ive got a ton of family thats in the at risk group.
    2 weeks to clear any possible infections.
    1 extra week for the hospitalized and hospitals to recover.
    1 more week to make sure the virus has died on surfaces.

Repeat.

2 week slow rollout "back outside".

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    40 and below make up a huge portion of the hospitalizations.
    I think in general, and I do believe this virus follows this course, that maladies afflict the elderly with greater potency and duration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this some kind of a joke?

Tell me, with your hand on your heart, do you really believe one bit to the numbers China even releases? They lie through their teeth to the whole world even there and you are telling me this shit?

Only true thing you've had to say about all of this from the beginning.

The first Case of November 17th has been identified by people on March 13th, looking through files. It wasn't recognized as to what it is back then. Coronaviridae cause symptoms similar to influenza, and whoever treated the patient of Nov. 17th probably thought he had just that, influenza.

Nobody knew this was blowing up in anybodies face until it did. By the end of December we still thought that it was a) extremely localized, with only a dozen infected, and b) a different if related disease. From the time the virus spread all over China, well documented and known to all, to the point where the west actually starts to react, weeks went by.

By the time someone sought to inform anyone that there might be something going on, the virus was, to our knowledge, already spreading for 6 weeks. Probably longer.
    You mean a new virus that has symptoms very similar to an existing virus was misdiagnosed and not detected for some time?
    I am shocked I tell you, shocked.

/s
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    I think in general, and I do believe this virus follows this course, that maladies afflict the elderly with greater potency and duration.
    Yes, but on the other hand younger people have a greater chance to catch it to begin with being more socially active.

10+ Year Old Account
    Correct. That and the mismanagement of their healthcare system beforehand. But they aren'T alone with that either.
    Italy is known for its healthcare industry, which is why it makes people nervous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    You mean a new virus that has symptoms very similar to an existing virus was misdiagnosed and not detected for some time?
    I am shocked I tell you, shocked.

/s
    Reality is, that even misdiagnosed as SARS, it should already be enough to raise an alarm.

"Oh it's just SARS, a virus known to kill patients and being contagious that has no vaccine. Move along, nothing to worry about."

Honestly, this bullshit does not hold any water. Even misdiagnosed, it was still diagnosed as yet another deadly Coronavirus, apparently that's not enough of threat to raise the alarm.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are saying that Italy's healthcare system is bad you are wrong. Their government announced a lockdown to late, they had no time to prepare something that other countries did have after the Italian tragedy took place.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hah Pence withdrew his "work with a mask on while sick"-guidance.

"We are still reviewing the guidance lines"

Shocking!
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.