10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Well, isn't it awesome to not fear for your life when getting in contact with the police? Maybe ask some fellow Palestinian residents how they feel when they get in contact with Israeli police forces.
    Don't start shit and you won't get in trouble - as simple as that.

Hard concept, I know.

You know what's the fun part? We actually have our Arab citizens protest about Police inaction in their cities, simply because Police is terrified of stirring any sort of trouble there that can lead to racial/political bullshit, so they often close their eyes on shit going on there.

So I almost roll around the floor laughing at your notion. I mean...

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/...rime-1.7935212

kekw...

And it's Haaretz too, it's about as Left leaning news source as you can get here.

---

Also let's get back to actual topic, m8ey. We are going off trail hard, plenty other threads to shit on Police or Israel around.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2020-06-05 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    So you care about peoples lives being lost, while causing more peoples lives to be lost by spreading a disease around. So stunning and brave.
    Stop pretending like you don't support the protests against the lockdowns.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Don't start shit and you won't get in trouble - as simple as that.

Hard concept, I know.

You know what's the fun part? We actually have our Arab citizens protest about Police inaction in their cities, simply because Police is terrified of stirring any sort of trouble there that can lead to racial/political bullshit, so they often close their eyes on shit going on there.

So I almost roll around the floor laughing at your notion. I mean...

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/...rime-1.7935212

kekw...

And it's Haaretz too, it's about as Left leaning news source as you can get here.

---

Also let's get back to actual topic, m8ey. We are going off trail hard, plenty other threads to shit on Police or Israel around.
    Ah, good old victim-blaming. Yeah, it's the same shit just with different lighting.

"Our cops are that much non-racist they actually don't police Arab cities because of a fear for racial/political bullshit." That's a new spin on things.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Why do we still care so much about the infection rates? The virus is here and will remain. What about mortality rates and hospitalization rates?

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I thought minorities suffered the most with corona virus.. Now that they're in the street protesting and rioting suddenly corona doesn't exist. Just the bad orange boy and his goons in blue.

Be consistent, because you are a hypocrite.

You don't give a flying fuck about their well being, virtue signalling is the ultimate end game.
    People who usually accuse others of Virtue Signaling Racism are Dog Whistling Racists, there's nothing Hypocritical about people standing up to Racism and other Human Rights Abuses in America.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-06-05 at 02:45 PM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Because there is no middle path? Because protesters clearly were far from everyone using masks or distancing (of course, hard to do while protesting). Same goes for cops too.
    There is no need to always go to the extremes. USA really needs to grow out of it.
    What middle path? We've been following the "middle path" for decades...
    I certainly wouldn't consider protesting to be extreme...

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    100k+ dead in just the US is just panic huh? So I guess 9/11 wasn't worth getting upset over at all then huh.
    To be fair, it really wasnt, 3k isnt even noticable against the backdrop of yearly death rates from natural causes. If they had really wanted to score high numbers, they'd have rammed the aircrafts into fully crowded stadiums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Scourge of Azuremyst View Post
    To be fair, it really wasnt, 3k isnt even noticable against the backdrop of yearly death rates from natural causes. If they had really wanted to score high numbers, they'd have rammed the aircrafts into fully crowded stadiums.
    I doubt 9/11 was about killing lots of people. It was more about wounding an enemy that saw itself as utterly invincible by striking on their home turf, let alone managing to hit the Pentagon. That had to give some achievement points somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    What middle path? We've been following the "middle path" for decades...
    I certainly wouldn't consider protesting to be extreme...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    How many decades of middle ground has there been?
    How many peaceful protests have their been?

A man kneeling during the anthem was an unacceptable affront to America, do you think standing far apart and asking the police to please stop killing them is going to accomplish anything at all?
    People, do you have reading comprehension issues? I very obviously implied that protesters and cops should be wearing masks, that both of those groups could do with more distancing from each other, hard as it may be. Follow the recommended guidelines by WHO, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    In Estonia for last few weeks we had daily infections in single numbers, so like 5-7 per day.

So our government decided to stop emergency, send everyone back to work and started opening borders. Instead of doing it gradually they opened pretty much everything within 1-2 weeks. Only schools remain closed because its start of summer holiday anyway, so no point in reopening them.

Everyone went crazy, stopped ignoring distance measures, people in masks have become more rare, shopping centres are again full of shoppers. What could possibly go wrong?

Then 4 days ago we had 0 new cases! There were about 1000 tests done, as usual, so it was great news. Virus is over, right? Only to find out next day that some reports were missed, so it was actually 7 new cases.

For last 3 days numbers are going up again: 10, 10 and 20.

Guess second wave is here.
    Well, your southern brothers are about to follow you. We have the same crap here, buses used by people without masks, morons filling the shops to the brim and not even trying to avoid others and it is almost guaranteed that our emergency situation will be lifted on Tuesday.
    Fun times are ahead.
    Last edited by Easo; 2020-06-05 at 08:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Who is ready for a bad wave 2? With all of these protests, I expect a massive surge of cases to be coming here shortly. Though the president seems to think its over now.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Who is ready for a bad wave 2? With all of these protests, I expect a massive surge of cases to be coming here shortly. Though the president seems to think its over now.
    I can guarantee that if the protests do cause a spike in cases, the morons pretending that the virus was just leftist plot to destroy the economy will suddenly start pretending to take it seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I can guarantee that if the protests do cause a spike in cases, the morons pretending that the virus was just leftist plot to destroy the economy will suddenly start pretending to take it seriously.
    Just like the morons pretend the pandemic is over so they can go riot and pillage but just a week ago trump was a monster for trying to reopen the economy?

Maybe they're not actually morons, by the looks of it the intent is to destroy all the small businesses so there's not an economy to open.

You people are some next level hypocrites

the people rioting and pillaging are indeed morons
    the people attempting a peaceful protest while still taking precautions of social distancing and masks are more likely to be sensible, compassionate people who have had enough of the morons

the hitleresque cult leader who's supposed to be in charge of the country is the biggest moron of all

WHO does now recommend triple layer fabric masks (non-medical face masks) when physical distancing cannot be maintained (in crowded settings) to possibly avoid infecting others.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-52945210
    https://www.who.int/emergencies/dise...w-to-use-masks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Why do we still care so much about the infection rates? The virus is here and will remain. What about mortality rates and hospitalization rates?
    Infections precede severe disease leading to hospitalization and death.

Thus in countries with a steady upward trend of confirmed infections - like Brazil, India, Mexico we can expect worse to come.

And hospitalization rates are often not reported, so they are difficult to track.
    On the other hand infections and mortality are often under-reported, and underreporting will vary between countries and also with time within countries.

Thus countries that have steady number of confirmed infections may have a decline in actual infections combined with an increase in testing - or a steady number of actual infections.
    Last edited by Forogil; 2020-06-06 at 09:25 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Industrial heart of the USSR... now torn apart
    We'll see how bad it will be. Some rebound in cases was inevitable, lockdowns just pushed it forward in time, not eliminated - as intended, it was done to spread infections out, instead of all coming at once and overwhelming healthcare. Now people know what we're facing and it won't be as horrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    It's not 2004. People have lives, jobs, families etc

We are still on wave 1 there's already a surge in most states due to reopenings.

It doesn't matter what. There will be no 2nd lockdown.

Cornonavirus is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post

Cornonavirus is dead.
    Daily cases are still rising worldwide.

Care you explain your bullshit statement?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Industrial heart of the USSR... now torn apart
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post

Cornonavirus is dead.
    Cornonavirus scare is dead because of political reasons, and maybe there won't be a 2nd lockdown because of those reasons. But the pandemic is still going on, 400k casualties today and there will be hundreds of thousands more, we just won't be reminded about them every minute like it was earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    It's not 2004. People have lives, jobs, families etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynep View Post
    Cornonavirus scare is dead because of political reasons...
    Quit trying to reshape the narrative; this "fearmongering" and "scare" strawman never existed.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils