10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Stop spreading this dangerous misinformation.
    Under Obama... mandating end of life discussion coverage in health insurance, means death panels.
    Under Trump... 140000 dead, are just old or were already sick.

Let’s not forget, this is the same GOP that got scared of Ebola, to the point that Trump was forecasting the end of US and demanding Obama be removed. But... 140000 dead... lulz... Trump 2020... “Slogan TBD”...

Edit: I got a slogan perfect for Trump! “Spread ‘em”... it covers his sexual assault, police incompetence and covid... all in one...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/14/trum...e-testing.html

The president of the United States just said this.

Again, the US is absolutely incapable of effectively combating a pandemic, and tens of thousands have already died due to the absolute failure of leadership, with tens of thousands more likely to die needlessly before this is over.
    He's still going on about this? One would think one his babysitters would've already explained what's wrong with his faulty logic by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Don't worry, they have a plan now.

Follow the brave example set by the pioneers of the Donner Party.

Here's a couple of facts about the Donner Party that Rush conveniently leaves out.

- The party decided to follow an untested "short cut" as advised by a travel author who was a known grifter and had not actually taken said shortcut before; it ended up being inaccessible to wagons and cattle.
    - They carried inadequate supplies and repeatedly got into conflicts with the local Native American tribes, including but not limiting to shooting at Washoe people when they tried to help by offering them food for the journey.
    - They ended up frightening away some guides they hired by....openly talking about killing and eating them for food if necessary. And then following through with each other.

Rush might not realise but an entirely avoidable tragedy that could have been averted with adequate preparation and research is a pretty apt comparison to how America's rugged pioneering spirit is pioneering its population into a mass grave.
    When you are dealing with people like Rush and his audience, they do have the capacity to understand or accept the real cause and lessons to be learned from the Donner Party vs their fairy tale retelling.

First thing, no way they are going to accept that listening and not fighting brown people could have significantly raised the groups chances of survival. They can't acknowledge when ones own hubris places them in bad situations. Nothing about the Donner Party is even about adaption and survival. The people were completely at the mercy of the elements and their own biological clocks. Adapting had surviving would have meant avoiding the situation all together.

The Donner Party, like many people who refuse to acknowledge COVID19, was the ignorance not grit. Not wearing a mask is a sign of being smart and tough, it's a sign of weakness and ignorance - the inability to deal with situations where survival skills are important.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    The Donner Party, like many people who refuse to acknowledge COVID19, was the ignorance not grit. Not wearing a mask is a sign of being smart and tough, it's a sign of weakness and ignorance - the inability to deal with situations where survival skills are important.
    I think it’s more of the will to survive, regardless why it got to that point. If you look at polling and the current Donner Party effect, it does correlate. Survival in the sense that Trump created a world, where him out of office, is the end.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    He's still going on about this? One would think one his babysitters would've already explained what's wrong with his faulty logic by now.
    He knows how stupid it is I doubt he believes it. He supporters do though. They eat it up.

Meanwhile he is very little risk of catching the virus even has he holds his COVID19 rallies

He does not need a mask, he lives in a mobile bubble. Everyone else does not have that luxury.

He knows how stupid it is I doubt he believes it.
    I'm not so sure about that. He is an astonishingly stupid individual afterall. Whenever he says something stupid I just assume he's being serious, unless proven otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    He knows how stupid it is I doubt he believes it. He supporters do though. They eat it up.
    I disagree... I don’t think he does... I think Kushner or someone told him as much and he doesn’t actually grasp it. If you remember, Trump calling it a hoax, was attributed to Kushner’s advice. I don’t get the Mark Sargent vibe from him... I think Kushner told him that US tests more than other countries, thus our stats are worse. Trump’s ADD cut out the middle, to just go... numbers are bad, because testing.

He can’t really articulate his point, like someone who understands can.

He means literally what he said, he doesn't need people to translate that for him. Because this isn't the first time he's said something like this.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...ow-fewer-cases

"With smaller testing we would show fewer cases!"

Back in late June.

But here's the thing...that doesn't matter. Because increased testing is not the cause of the increase in cases - https://www.propublica.org/article/s...testing-claims

Stop spreading this dangerous misinformation.
    With his latest round of posting, it is not clear if he is truly a Trump supporter, or absolutely hates Trump and is depicting himself and Trump in the worst possible way on purpose. I like your approach to dealing with him. Ignore any opinionated commentary from him, but correct the misinformation that he spews.

I really hope that his posts are some sort of parody. The thought that some Trump supporters are that cold is disconcerting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not so sure about that. He is an astonishingly stupid individual afterall. Whenever he says something stupid I just assume he's being serious, unless proven otherwise.
    His niece or what ever, claims he has a learning disability.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    I really hope that his posts are some sort of parody. The thought that some Trump supporters are that cold is disconcerting.
    Similar to above, he is too articulate about the subject, to not be all in.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-07-15 at 03:25 AM.

When Trumpers can't handle the Truth about the coronavirus.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/14/u...ronavirus.html
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    When Trumpers can't handle the Truth about the coronavirus.
    Great news. If they didn't report the cases, there wouldn't be cases.

Great news. If they didn't report the cases, there wouldn't be cases.
    They are consistent if you don't test there are no cases if you don't report the deaths and hospitals at full capacity it doesn't happen. This administration has declared war on reality too bad the virus does not give a flying fuck about PR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, I sure wish we had a more competent admin, so that misinformation like "Of course cases are going up. We're doing more tests!" gets debunked.

Debunking: Percentage of tests coming back positive is rising, and that indicates wider community spread. If you're doing 100k tests a day, and it goes from 3% being positive to 10% being positive, that's evidence of spread.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a man who boasts about liking the stupid and ill informed - because they are easier to manipulate. We're talking a man who is very good at manufacturing and manipulating his own public image for gain. He has been doing longer than most of us have been alive. Trump had always been a lying scummy creepy dirt bag but remember when he was a media icon just 10—12 years ago welcomed by liberal and conservative media?

Because he has a keen ear on manipulation and perception. He is very good at the game he plays. We all there isn't a genuine thing Trump says when he addresses the public.

I mentioned his bubble earlier. One of the games he plays is telling people not to free the virus. Why? So he can turn around and say the economy is going well. All while he lives in his bubble completely removed from the dangers of the virus.

He tells people schools are safe and need to open...while no one with his last name has been near a public school in 30 years.

There's podium Trump and real life Trump that only comes out when all the cameras are off, the hair is flat, the fake than is removed. We only see podium Trump.

Doesn't really matter because it is still dangerous rhetoric whether genuine or fake.

This is a man who boasts about liking the stupid and ill informed - because they are easier to manipulate. We're talking a man who is very good at manufacturing and manipulating his own public image for gain. He has been doing longer than most of us have been alive. Trump had always been a lying scummy creepy dirt bag but remember when he was a media icon just 10—12 years ago welcomed by liberal and conservative media?

Because he has a keen ear on manipulation and perception. He is very good at the game he plays. We all there isn't a genuine thing Trump says when he addresses the public.

I mentioned his bubble earlier. One of the games he plays is telling people not to free the virus. Why? So he can turn around and say the economy is going well. All while he lives in his bubble completely removed from the dangers of the virus.

He tells people schools are safe and need to open...while no one with his last name has been near a public school in 30 years.

There's podium Trump and real life Trump that only comes out when all the cameras are off, the hair is flat, the fake than is removed. We only see podium Trump.

Doesn't really matter because it is still dangerous rhetoric whether genuine or fake.
    So you're saying his "grand plan" is to create a public image where he is a blabbering idiot who has trouble putting coherent sentences together?
    Like I said it's much easier to assume he's just genuinely stupid. Occam's Razor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I disagree... I don’t think he does... I think Kushner or someone told him as much and he doesn’t actually grasp it. If you remember, Trump calling it a hoax, was attributed to Kushner’s advice. I don’t get the Mark Sargent vibe from him... I think Kushner told him that US tests more than other countries, thus our stats are worse. Trump’s ADD cut out the middle, to just go... numbers are bad, because testing.

He can’t really articulate his point, like someone who understands can.
    Trump has NEVER been particularly articulate. He has spoken in short sentences, with a basic vocabulary, in the most vague manner possible. One of his selling points to his base is that he speaks like a random person off the street. The average person isn't very articulate. Not as a sign of intelligence but its hard to be particularly 'good' at formal verbal communication.

One day take notice of how you are others actually speak in casual conversation. Like really pay attention. People aren't good at talking.

- - - Updated - - -

So you're saying his "grand plan" is to create a public image where he is a blabbering idiot who has trouble putting coherent sentences together?
    Like I said it's much easier to assume he's just genuinely stupid. Occam's Razor.
    Doesn't have to be some deep 'grand plan' (that's silly) just a goal in mind. I'm saying look at his entire career. His is a grifter. The 'Art of the Deal' is the 'Art of the Grift'. It's easy to say his is just stupid and a lot more dangerous to assume so. It's easy to shut down a stupid person. A person with a little more sense does something like 'tell people it's just the flu because I can't afford for this to interfere with my election campaign'.

I'm saying look at his entire career.
    I am looking at it. He was more articulate in the past (albeit far from a genius still), which points to significant mental decline.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am looking at it. He was more articulate in the past (albeit far from a genius still), which points to significant mental decline.
    No one is dying that he is not sharp as he once was. That's not to say he isn't capable of running similar schemes.

No one is dying that he is not sharp as he once was. That's not to say he isn't capable of running similar schemes.
    His schemes are mostly a result of living in a country with lots of gullible idiots. In almost any other country he would've been laughed off the stage in the presidential debates. And I doubt most of his business ventures would've worked either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Canada really is that bitch, huh?

Canada built a wall to keep America out and America's paying for it and it's working. Speaking of which, here's a visual guide for the broad array of countries an American passport currently grants you access to:

Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.