Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Great, then we'll have more data, which is exactly what I've been saying the entire time.

Thanks for agreeing with me.

I'm not agreeing with your doomsday preaching. I'm just tired of going rounds in circles with you as i see there's no point in convincing you

- - - Updated - - -

All I've done is go by the data. I would have said we should exercise caution on the 21st, when the number of reported cases also fell. Did you feel optimistic on the 21st?

Feel free to make any baseless accusation against me all you like, it's what you do.
    Talk about baseless accusation when you are the one accusing me of having an agenda just because I'm feeling optimistic looking at declining numbers. Fuck man. What a miserly hypocrite you are

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    I'm not agreeing with your doomsday preaching. I'm just tired of going rounds in circles with you as i see there's no point in convincing you
    I have been doomsday preaching? Evidence please.

It also fell on the 21st, as it did on other days. The trend still continued up. 1998 was hotter than 1999, that does not mean global warming was over.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Talk about baseless accusation when you are the one accusing me of having an agenda just because I'm feeling optimistic looking at decline numbers. Fuck man. What a miserly hypocrite you are
    Where did I make that accusation?

I have been doomsday preaching? Evidence please.

It also fell on the 21st, as it did on other days. The trend still continued up. 1998 was hotter than 1999, that does not mean global warming was over.

- - - Updated - - -

Where did I make that accusation?
    Post 8205 " I guess we all know exactly why you are really here" What's this about? And who is "we"? You and your fellow "agents"?

Post 8205 " I guess we all know exactly why you are really here" What's this about? And who is "we"? You and your fellow "agents"?
    Well, you chose to ignore the preponderance of data, and make baseless accusations, as well as "lol" every chance you got... so it's based on evidence.

Where's evidence of my doomsday preaching?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to poop your party but facts are facts. 15% dip in new cases yesterday. And today a decline is still trending.
    One day is not a trend.

I will say it again, number of confirmed cases is nowhere indicative of actual infected as it is impossible to track all the ways people will contract it. At any given time the amout of people infected is exponentially more than the confirmed cases.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, daily cases arent't real time data, all of the cases that have tested positive today have been infected 3-5 days ago, and meanwhille they infected other people. Which means, most likely, that tomorrow will spike again.

Well, you chose to ignore the preponderance of data, and make baseless accusations, as well as "lol" every chance you got... so it's based on evidence.

Where's evidence of my doomsday preaching?

So who's the one hinting at people with agenda first here? Stop dodging. As for doomsday,well it is all doom and gloom for you isn't it. I guess we are never allowed to be optimistic and be wary of another Dino-Killing Asteroid hitting us because there is a precedent. What precautions do you suggest we take? Hide under a shelter or something?There is a precedent after all. And even when this virus dies down. Due to countless other cases of pandemics in the past we should say our prayers everyday. We should be cautious because there is always a chance of us getting struck by lightning and run over by a car.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    One day is not a trend.
    Agreed. Let's make it 1 month in one week's time, and 1 year in 1 month's time.

10+ Year Old Account
    @sabe Ah, I see. Ignore scientific testing, which shows it isn't a man made virus, and scream random "WHY" questions instead. I remember how this game is played -- have you stopped beating your partner yet? Yes or no! HAVE YOU STOPPED BEATING YOUR PARTNER YET! Aren't loaded questions fun (and fucking pointless)?

There was a potentially serious disease threat. They cleaned up a potential health hazard. As we try to reconstruct things we wish we had better records, but at a time they were trying to lock things down and contain a health hazard they cleaned things. Just like people all over the world are doing right now. No big damned mystery there.

"The CCP" that you think exists, it does not exist in the form you think it exists as. So, the CCP didn't do what you think it did. A bunch of low level local politicians and cops fucked up, and got thrown under the bus when it came out.

The rest of your post is more of your usual sea-lioning. Others have called you out on it too. You have this lovely conspiracy world built up in your mind. Enjoy it. For my part, I've been in Chinese hospitals and know their record keeping is often mind-bogglingly bad. I don't have any trouble imagining this being a load of bureaucracy biting them in the ass. For a comparison, I just had to tell my director's designated flunky which hours I taught this month. You know, the hours that they assigned, that get verified each class as I send out the code for the online session. Flunky will write those hours out on a *paper* form that I'd be signing if the office wasn't on lockdown. She will then give the paper forms to the assistant director so they can be (literally) rubber stamped, and the official record is the paper copy because it has the official seal. Those papers will then go sit on the director's desk, waiting for her to stamp that the assistant director is authorized to pay me. In between meetings about meetings and tea, it will take at least a week to process this. There is a reason I keep bringing up Hanlon's Razor, and don't even get me started on differences in perceptions of time (see the Lewis Model if you have a morbid curiosity).

By the way, HAVE YOU STOPPED BEATING YOUR PARTNER YET!
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I will say it again, number of confirmed cases is nowhere indicative of actual infected as it is impossible to track all the ways people will contract it. At any given time the amout of people infected is exponentially more than the confirmed cases.
    There is no way of telling whether they are covering things up. We just have to trust the figures I guess.

There is no way of telling whether they are covering things up. We just have to trust the figures I guess.
    It isn't about covering up, it is how a virus actually spreads in real time. The numbers are never going to be accurate or even close to the actual infected because most people don't even know they have it.

So who's the one hinting at people with agenda first here? Stop dodging. As for doomsday,well it is all doom and gloom for you isn't it. I guess we are never allowed to be optimistic and be wary of another Dino-Killing Asteroid hitting us because there is a precedent. What precautions do you suggest we take? Hide under a shelter or something?There is a precedent after all. And even when this virus dies down. Due to countless other cases of pandemics in the past we should say our prayers everyday. We should be cautious because there is always a chance of us getting struck by lightning and run over by a car.
    You claimed I was doomsday preaching, evidence please.

I already pointed out that you ignored the data, refuted your stance, and showed what you are all about. Now, where's your evidence?

As for these questions you just asked, is this your attempt to back up a baseless claim after the fact? I can answer your questions with one answer... I'm going to go ahead and listen to the scientific experts on this one. I'm not panicking, I'm not expecting the world to end as a result of this.

So, I hope I won't have to wait a week for your evidence to back up your baseless accusation against me.

You claimed I was doomsday preaching, evidence please.

I already pointed out that you ignored the data, refuted your stance, and showed what you are all about. Now, where's your evidence?

As for these questions you just asked, is this your attempt to back up a baseless claim after the fact? I can answer your questions with one answer... I'm going to go ahead and listen to the scientific experts on this one. I'm not panicking, I'm not expecting the world to end as a result of this.

So, I hope I won't have to wait a week for your evidence to back up your baseless accusation against me.
    I'd just said looking at data and said I was optimistic because of recent figures, then you just jumped on me and accused me of having an agenda. What gives? And what data did I refute?

I can imagine lockybalboa's post tomorrow:

"I clicked refresh 2 seconds after the new days counter started and there were 0 new cases! PANDEMIC OVER!! Celebrate with me everyone!"

And when people point out that it is too early they will be accused of not wanting the pandemic to be over.

Seriously lockybalboa, if only 4 states have reported numbers as said earlier (haven't personally checked) it's like calling the election after the first 4 states declare their winners. Chill, a declining trend (that will be valid as long as conditions remain static, but will have to be reevaluated when restrictions are removed) will take days if not weeks to conclusively determine.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmouse View Post
    @sabe Ah, I see. Ignore scientific testing, which shows it isn't a man made virus, and scream random "WHY" questions instead. I remember how this game is played -- have you stopped beating your partner yet? Yes or no! HAVE YOU STOPPED BEATING YOUR PARTNER YET! Aren't loaded questions fun (and fucking pointless)?

There was a potentially serious disease threat. They cleaned up a potential health hazard. As we try to reconstruct things we wish we had better records, but at a time they were trying to lock things down and contain a health hazard they cleaned things. Just like people all over the world are doing right now. No big damned mystery there.

"The CCP" that you think exists, it does not exist in the form you think it exists as. So, the CCP didn't do what you think it did. A bunch of low level local politicians and cops fucked up, and got thrown under the bus when it came out.

The rest of your post is more of your usual sea-lioning. Others have called you out on it too. You have this lovely conspiracy world built up in your mind. Enjoy it. For my part, I've been in Chinese hospitals and know their record keeping is often mind-bogglingly bad. I don't have any trouble imagining this being a load of bureaucracy biting them in the ass. For a comparison, I just had to tell my director's designated flunky which hours I taught this month. You know, the hours that they assigned, that get verified each class as I send out the code for the online session. Flunky will write those hours out on a *paper* form that I'd be signing if the office wasn't on lockdown. She will then give the paper forms to the assistant director so they can be (literally) rubber stamped, and the official record is the paper copy because it has the official seal. Those papers will then go sit on the director's desk, waiting for her to stamp that the assistant director is authorized to pay me. In between meetings about meetings and tea, it will take at least a week to process this. There is a reason I keep bringing up Hanlon's Razor, and don't even get me started on differences in perceptions of time (see the Lewis Model if you have a morbid curiosity).

By the way, HAVE YOU STOPPED BEATING YOUR PARTNER YET!
    Why are you so mad?
    When doctors tried to warn the world and got arrested CCP made a warning that fake social media news will not be allowed. So CCP warned but CCP didn't know there was an infection?

When such thing happens, you don't destroy the evidence, China has experience from SARS so this isn't something new for them. They destroyed it so they could hide their doing.

If so innocent, tell your lovely CCP to open their labs/borders to independent foundations for investigation. Will they ever do that? Will the dictator allow it?

Stop defending the murderers. They could stop this in spot but they decided to arrest people and hide it.
    Let people spread around. People are dying because of CCP.
    I will lose my job prolly because of CCP.
    Blood on the hands of CCP.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meldetia View Post

"I clicked refresh 2 seconds after the new days counter started and there were 0 new cases! PANDEMIC OVER!! Celebrate with me everyone!"

And when people point out that it is too early they will be accused of not wanting the pandemic to be over.

Seriously lockybalboa, if only 4 states have reported numbers as said earlier (haven't personally checked) it's like calling the election after the first 4 states declare their winners. Chill, a declining trend (that will be valid as long as conditions remain static, but will have to be reevaluated when restrictions are removed) will take days if not weeks to conclusively determine.
    It is actually worse then that. It is like calling the election after the first four states, and then insisting total voter turnout was exactly the vote total in those four states. Then declaring that voter turnout was down 96% since last election cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Meldetia View Post

Stop exaggerating things when i am basing data because on half a day's figures and cases aren't even half of the previous day's. I swear you guys are so miserly you would not tolerate any form of optimism in others. All daily mail lovers i reckon lmao. No wonder the papers are all going doom and gloom mode everyday because panic selling works on people like you. Time to hoard the toilet rolls!

I'd just said looking at data and said I was optimistic because of recent figures, then you just jumped on me and accused me of having an agenda. What gives? And what data did I refute?
    And I pointed out that we have had previous dips, so this very well could simply be an outlier... like the other dates. You were having none of it.

I'm still waiting on your evidence of my doomsday preaching.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    The military definitely isn’t reporting their confirmed cases under direction of the Department of Defense. According to them, doing so would be a security risk.
    I believe they said they'd report the aggregate total, but not the locations.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN21D1YL

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Stop exaggerating things when i am basing data because on half a day's figures and cases aren't even half of the previous day's. I swear you guys are so miserly you would not tolerate any form of optimism in others. All daily mail lovers i reckon lmao. No wonder the papers are all going doom and gloom mode everyday because panic selling works on people like you. Time to hoard the toilet rolls!
    It isn't about panic, it is about simple logic. The numbers that were released yesterday were Saturday's numbers, and those released today will be Sunday's numbers. You will of course have lower numbers on the weekend, because most people aren't working, and therefore don't have to call in sick. If they are still feeling sick this morning (And if it is actually Cornavirus, they probably will be) then they will go get tested.

The numbers being reported are not actually cases, they are positive diagnosis. The number of people getting tested/diagnosed on a weekend is going to drop, and therefore so will positive results. In some states, reports may also be misleading day to day, because certain labs may get backed up, and release several days worth of data in one day. This is why 4 or 5 day moving averages are more important indicators of the trend.

So no, we aren't being super pessimistic. We are just telling you that data doesn't work the way you think.

Yeah no shit! What kind of retarded headline is this?