View Poll Results: What do you play in WoW?

Voters
501. This poll is closed
  • I'm male and play male characters

110 21.96%
  • I'm male and play female characters

74 14.77%
  • I'm male and play both

274 54.69%
  • I'm female and play male characters

3 0.60%
  • I'm female and play female characters

22 4.39%
  • I'm female and play both

18 3.59%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarys View Post
    I'm female and play female characters if the game is multiplayer. If it's single player then both, depending on the game.

Since most of us don't actually role play, your character is sort of your avatar as opposed to say, in a game like Mass Effect, where you just experience that characters story. I've always found it weird and creepy when people play as the "wrong gender" in games like WoW.

Female here who plays both and I don't see my character as a representation of 'me' at all. Curious, if playing the other gender is weird cause it's not 'you', then how does the same not apply when people play as any race besides human? None of us are elves or pandas IRL.

7+ Year Old Account
    Main is male, races I don’t like the male of are female, looking at you Pandaren and Worgen.

I guess my main motivator is variation. I also play on a roleplay server.

I have two male elves and one female one.
    I have an orc, made her female because no one played female orcs. Seemed more interesting for that reason.
    Retired my female Darkspear Troll to race-change to male Zandalari.
    Had a male Goblin, that blew up during roleplay. Character changed him to female to play his daughter. Both with Troll and Goblin I wanted them to be distinct enough from the previous identity. Gender-change helped with that.
    Ah, another female elf. Play that one in full Dark Ranger transmog. That one is actually female because at the time, all the NPC ones were female, and I wanted to look immersive.
    One new character is a Tauren General in void-themed armor. I made him male, to appear the most physically intimidating to meet.

So... That's 4 male, 4 female. I'm male myself. But I think it would be quite boring to deny myself half of all options, in a world where we create fantasy and stories.

5+ Year Old Account
    Male. I exclusively play male characters. If I had to play a female character, it would either be a dwarf or orc. Frankly I think female dwarfs look a 100x better than male dwarves, but alas, I can't get myself to play a female character.

I don't like attractive characters. In games, I try to make my characters interesting looking. Dark souls and mount & blade are excellent games to make interesting characters.

And by interesting I mean disgusting freaks of nature, created from millennia of inbreeding and devilry worship.

If it wasn't obvious I mainly play male gnomes.

All things said, if I were born a female I'd probably exclusively play female characters.
    Last edited by Merryck; 2020-01-25 at 03:55 AM.

if its about wow,its mostly up to either the racials,or animations/transmog/sholder size etc,but if i play something where i wanna RP(like fallout,skyrim etc) its a male always

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    ’m a guy why would I want to stare at man ass?
    This is such a weird, weak excuse I hear all the time. It makes me shrivel because it sounds so lame. Same shriveling I feel when people try to justify lolicon. What are you doing staring at your characters ass in the first place? It takes up such a small fraction of your screen.

I'm male and I play both but I tend to choose male characters. It depends on the race and class.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMagicc View Post
    This is such a weird, weak excuse I hear all the time. It makes me shrivel because it sounds so lame. Same shriveling I feel when people try to justify lolicon. What are you doing staring at your characters ass in the first place? It takes up such a small fraction of your screen.
    I look at my character, because I don’t like standing in fire.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    I feel bad for people who play females for *any* reason outside of animations/voices. i.e. teenage boys for da b00bs kik kik
    Some people like a good narrative.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I tend to play females because they’re smaller. Plus I’m a guy why would I want to stare at man ass?
    I don't think the posterior of your video game character should be weighing this much on you. What about games where it's -only- a male character, are you uncomfortable playing those?

Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    Some people like a good narrative.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think the posterior of your video game character should be weighing this much on you. What about games where it's -only- a male character, are you uncomfortable playing those?
    Nope because there’s no choice. If there’s choice though, female.

I only play as a male unless I have no other choice. Examples of no choice are Dishonored 2 (Had to for NG+, although I did primarily play as Corvo), or Final Fantasy XIII.

I am a male IRL, and in order for me to feel immersed I have to make my character as much like me (or who I want to be through effort) as I can. I always play a human, or the most human-like character, too.

I really want to play Tera but I can't be a Ninja unless I'm female, so I just haven't played it yet.

Male, Male main. Zandalar troll.

Alts depend on the race. I would never make a male nightelf or any elf, just like i would never make a female dwarf or vulpera

10+ Year Old Account
    I am both (so cannot really answer to your poll) and I play both. Depends on the race and class. But armors look better on male characters most of the time so I tend to have many male characters. However I am currently playing female Vulpera DK.

15+ Year Old Account
    Gay male here, and I would say 95% of all in game characters I have are male. I just identify more with them.
    Here is something to believe in!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Male and play both, I don't tend to develop a sense of attachment to male characters and anything I end up maining or hitting cap with is always female, so I guess I'll go with male but play female. Though this doesn't seem to restrict my ability to enjoy single player games with a male only protagonist

guess I just need the slow trickle of stimulation that comes from having some TnA on screen. Not to mention when it's time to pick mogs the idea of dressing up a girl is way more appealing than a dude. accessories, armor and footwear almost always look way better on females imo.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    I feel bad for people who play females for *any* reason outside of animations/voices. i.e. teenage boys for da b00bs kik kik
    Grow up.
    Last edited by Beastiel; 2020-01-25 at 05:47 AM.

I'm male and I play about 80:20 male.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

10+ Year Old Account
    For my characters, each one's race and sex was chosen because that combination looked best in the transmog I had chosen for them back in WoD when I made my full slate of classes. For example, my mage was made a female orc because all other races and sexes had clipping problems with the Chromatic Hydra set.
    Last edited by Masark; 2020-01-25 at 06:00 AM.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

I'm male and mostly play female characters. The gear sets in WoW rarely look cool/badass enough to justify rolling a bulky male character, so I just go with female characters and try to give them more of a sexy badass kind of look.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastiel View Post
    Grow up.
    Rightttt, dare I say males who play females need to grow up.

"I'm male and play both"

I'm sorry, but I don't respect male players, who play with female characters. Just because it makes no sense. It would be the same as playing barbies.