Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

RE:

Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    Blizzard's refund policy is garbage. You only have 1 chance for a refund every 6 months. Services, Boost, Subscriptions (EU)

There is an exception for pre-orders, which I have found out later. You'll be able to get a refund before launch for the shadowlands

I am waiting till launch and see if the game will be any good, before purchase.

anyone else got any other info in regards to refunds etc then share.

It says services.
    So boost, transfers, race change, faction change.
    it means you can't realm hope and refund just to browse the AH
    or change race for a racial on a boss and then refund. (well you can, once)

they allow refunds, but don't want people abusing the services for character progression.

Pre-purchases do not count to this, so you can refund them and it will undo any perks you had for upgrading. I guess because you cannot abuse the 120 character boost or new mount easily and they are easy to take away. (Not sure how the game time would work)

the thing is, im playing SL regardless how garbage it is atleast for 1 month to experience the story and raid when it openes

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yep, like boosts or a race change etc. Did Blizzard add that to SL?
    They added gametime to the Epic version, as i havnt bought it, i dont know how that gametime is added, im gonna assume its added to be used "before" normal paid gametime to to prevent refunds as its "already used"
    100% unethical and 100% planned by Blizzard
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Just to be the devils avocado here:
    Ive refunded gametime, character boosts, refunded Shadowlands 4 times (since i boosted a class i regretted), swapped names for free and restored characters outside the 15 days CD with no issues the last 6 months

No need to read anything to know that shadowlands will be in alpha state on release.

I did not pre-order but the game time thing is a bit confusing. Do you get a token or something that you click to start your game time? Otherwise won’t your game time start the first month after you pre-order, thus ensuring that you almost certainly won’t ever be eligible for a refund?

I know man this is terrible. I tried to call Domino's and return half the pizza I ordered the other day and they simply wouldn't take it back. What is the world coming to!? Customer service is DEAD!

Man I should hope that people are getting wise at this point and not preordering any game ever, especially with the rash of high-profile flops the games industry has seen the past couple years.

Shadowlands will have to earn my $60, and it definitely won't come within the first few weeks of the expansion. I plan to wait until enough people have gotten a few resets on the endgame treadmill to see what the early complaints are. If they're not too egregious then I'll consider giving Blizz my money.

Even better: Don't preorder shit from this garbage company that couldn't release a fully functioning and enjoyable game if their life depended on it.

You people preordering their shit fiasco after fiasco, regardless of how they treat you, your endless loyalty towards someone who doesn't give a single shit about you, you are the reason this company keeps getting away with everything they do.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Everybody should judge if it's worth to them. For me every single expansion was worth box price, but not always WoW was worth sub money (it has 3 variables: quality of patch, my free time, my burnout meter).

Why? I always play and have fun over 5 hours a day at least first two weeks. It's more than I can say about 95% of 60$ games I ever played.

So yeah, I pre-order WoW. I probably would wait until few days before launch, but free max level is always useful. But Warcraft III is red flag and reminder what probably would happen to WoW if it wouldn't be Blizzard's golden goose.

youcan force a refund through your credit card company
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Or people could just behave like adults and spend money when they're sure, rather than spend even when they're feeling fickle.

Since I know what I want, I shall pre-order the Physical CE same as always as soon as it's available.

regardless, if you want to play WoW, you have to buy Shadowlands eventually, even if you purchase the expansion after it
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    regardless, if you want to play WoW, you have to buy Shadowlands eventually, even if you purchase the expansion after it
    No, you don't, if you're really against an expansion and think you might enjoy the next one, you just wait til it gets rolled into the base game around the next expansions launch.

Quote Originally Posted by dldallas View Post
    Man I should hope that people are getting wise at this point and not preordering any game ever, especially with the rash of high-profile flops the games industry has seen the past couple years.

Shadowlands will have to earn my $60, and it definitely won't come within the first few weeks of the expansion. I plan to wait until enough people have gotten a few resets on the endgame treadmill to see what the early complaints are. If they're not too egregious then I'll consider giving Blizz my money.
    Despite all the people online who say things like don't preorder games, no, it really doesn't reflect the vast, vast majority of people. They're still preordering which is why they still make plenty of money. But yes I do hope that games like Anthem and WC3 Reforged are opening eyes to executives making decisions to release games when they aren't done. The thing is that they still make the money they wanted up front, they just don't regard the long-term damage to their reputation and thus profitability.

The way they see it is, if we release the game before it's done it will make money now, and then they won't have to spend more money to take longer on development, and end up making about the same amount anyway.

Thanks Op, but I already pre-ordered!

10+ Year Old Account
    And i thought, that Valve got bad refund system. This is hilarious af.

If they accept payment for a product or service, and fail to deliver the product or service within the expectations they themselves set, you have every right to a refund and thensome. They rely on ignorance-riddled threads like this to dissuade the game-addicted masses from exercising their rights.

If I order a burger advertised as 100% pure beef, take a bite of it and realize it's made from some kind of meat simulant, then despite my partial USE of the burger I'd still be entitled to a full refund...and the business would be liable for false/misleading/fraudulent advertising.

Activision is cancer, and only cares about inflating their stock price so they can cash out before the inevitable collapse...and the shills in this thread are working hard for their meager paychecks. Get over it. Hold the corporations accountable; they have no rights or privileges - only contracts. And contracts made in bad faith are invalid, period.

10+ Year Old Account
    My pre-order was gifted to me so I didn't have much say in it. Ordinarily I would never pre-order any expansion or game unless I was absolutely sure that it was worth my money.

Ive refunded subs more often than once per 6 months.