1. #1

    Can't Click Through Debuff Indicators On Raid Frames. Need Help With Solution

    I use LUNA unit frames and omni CC as the obvious two relevant addons.

    Pretty much what happens is I lose a large % of clickable space on my raid frames when debuffs are up. It didn't happen on pservers at first i thought my mouse or the frames were some how broken. I have tried to adjust and failed I hate it I need my debuffs to be click through so I can just retain my muscle memory. Swapping where i click based on how many debuffs are applied isn't a great idea

    So how do i go about fixing this? Looking through both LUNA and Omni CC options i see nothing? Any obvious fixes? Do i need to just go beg the LUNA dev to change it?

    What is my best course of action here beyond getting new raid frames.

  2. #2
    The Lightbringer Twoddle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,458
    I use the same addon and discovered the same problem. Tried looking at the source code but with my limited knowledge of Lua script and the API the things I tried weren't very successful.

    You can either change the debuff position to something other than 'inside' and space the frames out to fit them in or what I did was to make debuffs and my class' buffs on the frames very small, size 10, then under the Squares section configure a square (I chose right centre) to show type 'Dispel' at twice the size, size 20, which you CAN click through. Make sure to enable that square and check 'Texture'. Most of the time the dispel square will show a top priority debuff like polymorph and counterspell on top which is very useful.

    Squares are useful for other things like you can make one for Renew if you're a priest, raid target icons, WSG flag carrier, Lucifron's Dominate Mind etc.etc. If you run out of options try Grid. Tried Grid myself but didn't like it and went back to Luna.

    You probably know all this but that's what I did anyway, the last update for Luna Frames was back in November '19 and the developer on github doesn't answer any of the issues.

  3. #3
    Those all solutions work in PvE but for PvP I can't use any of those solutions....And PvP is where i have the biggest issue. The guy will get lit up with debuffs then i suddenly can't target him where i could a moment ago.

    Aviana has responded to me before, if you say you're a healer and played p servers he seems to take more pity on you lol

    Looks like he hasn't responded in a while tho so he may be gone.

    edit - he did make a post in January for new years so maybe he still around

    edit - no most recent is 19 days ago he def still there
    Last edited by Mukind; 2020-02-04 at 06:49 PM.

  4. #4
    The Lightbringer Twoddle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,458
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukind View Post
    Those all solutions work in PvE but for PvP I can't use any of those solutions....And PvP is where i have the biggest issue. The guy will get lit up with debuffs then i suddenly can't target him where i could a moment ago.
    It does work for PvP, I'm grinding ranks. Did you make the debuff icon size really small? I'll make a screenshot of my layout and post it later.



    I don't like not being able to click through the debuffs along the bottom any more than you do but there's still plenty of space where you can click if you make them small. The large squares on the right are click through.
    Last edited by Twoddle; 2020-02-04 at 08:34 PM.

  5. #5
    What i mean by not work is it's not acceptable...not i can't que with it

    I'm a paladin i need to see it all

  6. #6
    The Lightbringer Twoddle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,458
    There is a way that enables clicking through buffs and debuffs with a change to the source code if you're still interested. It looks like there is provision to disable tooltips which would also allow this but for some reason in the classic version it is removed.

    Find the LunaUnitFrames folder in your addons and open up the modules\auras.lua file in a text editor. Find the Auras:OnEnable(frame) function.

    Code:
    After this line:
    local button = CreateFrame("Button", frame:GetName().."BuffFrame"..i, frame.auras.buffbuttons)
    Add this:
    button:EnableMouse(false)
    Comment out these 2 lines below it with the hyphens:
    --button:SetScript("OnEnter", showTooltip)
    --button:SetScript("OnLeave", hideTooltip)
    After this line:
    local button = CreateFrame("Button", frame:GetName().."DebuffFrame"..i, frame.auras.debuffbuttons)
    Add this:
    button:EnableMouse(false)
    Comment out these 2 lines below it with the hyphens:
    --button:SetScript("OnEnter", showTooltip)
    --button:SetScript("OnLeave", hideTooltip)
    Save the file and reload.

    Not an official edit but it does work, you lose tooltips but at least you can now click on the whole unit frame.
    Last edited by Twoddle; 2020-02-05 at 10:13 AM.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    There is a way that enables clicking through buffs and debuffs with a change to the source code if you're still interested. It looks like there is provision to disable tooltips which would also allow this but for some reason in the classic version it is removed.

    Find the LunaUnitFrames folder in your addons and open up the modules\auras.lua file in a text editor. Find the Auras:OnEnable(frame) function.

    Code:
    After this line:
    local button = CreateFrame("Button", frame:GetName().."BuffFrame"..i, frame.auras.buffbuttons)
    Add this:
    button:EnableMouse(false)
    Comment out these 2 lines below it with the hyphens:
    --button:SetScript("OnEnter", showTooltip)
    --button:SetScript("OnLeave", hideTooltip)
    After this line:
    local button = CreateFrame("Button", frame:GetName().."DebuffFrame"..i, frame.auras.debuffbuttons)
    Add this:
    button:EnableMouse(false)
    Comment out these 2 lines below it with the hyphens:
    --button:SetScript("OnEnter", showTooltip)
    --button:SetScript("OnLeave", hideTooltip)
    Save the file and reload.

    Not an official edit but it does work, you lose tooltips but at least you can now click on the whole unit frame.
    Oh my god bro i'll take it

    Now let's see if i can manage to implement this without messing it up

    What a gamer

    edit - what does comment out mean in laymen's terms? google tells me it's a programmer term for disabling stuff. But am I just adding that to the end of the lines? Or am i putting in a whole new one. Seems like in context i should just be adding but i'm not sure. I'll try that first

    edit 2 - hmmm whell i tried both converting it to a .doc and .txt to edit and both were a mess. Do i need some other software that would do it better?

    edit 3 - i was told to get Microsoft Studio Code. Also now clear what buttoning out means. I'm learning so much today. I think this gonna work

    Edit 4 - HA IT WORKED, GAMER
    Last edited by Mukind; 2020-02-05 at 06:08 PM.

  8. #8
    The Lightbringer Twoddle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,458
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukind View Post
    Oh my god bro i'll take it
    edit - what does comment out mean in laymen's terms? google tells me it's a programmer term for disabling stuff.
    Yeah programmers can put comments in their code, so 'comment out' means to change a piece of code into a comment without actually removing it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mukind View Post
    edit 2 - hmmm whell i tried both converting it to a .doc and .txt to edit and both were a mess. Do i need some other software that would do it better?
    No don't convert it leave the extension as .lua, right click the file, choose Open with... and find a program like notepad. Or run notepad first and open the file with it. When you save it will overwrite the original. You could make copy of the original first in case you want to go back.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mukind View Post
    edit 3 - i was told to get Microsoft Studio Code. Also now clear what buttoning out means. I'm learning so much today. I think this gonna work
    Visual Studio Code is great but is overkill for this task, you only need notepad or similar like notepad++.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mukind View Post
    Edit 4 - HA IT WORKED, GAMER
    Glad to hear it. The only problem now is there's no tooltips on the unit frames so you can't read what an unfamiliar debuff does, but for PvP it's fine.
    Last edited by Twoddle; 2020-02-05 at 09:54 PM.

  9. #9
    Yea it wasn't formatting right. prob cuz i made it a .txt in notepad it wouldn't let me open as .lua

    Wasn't getting open with idk was weird.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •