Page 23 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I did like visions till this reset when b-net dc's cost me two vessels and put me atleast a week behind.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RomanceDawn View Post
    As a priest I rly don't like them, tho it must be said I have not yet tried the nerfed healer ones

But every DH and DK I know enjoys them.... I'm not jealous at all :/
    There are issues with healing version, where mobs take several seconds to scale properly and lose their "normal" hitpoints. Other than that, it works better than shadow at low masks. You can easily burn elities with on-use trinkets, ignoring their mechanics entirely and avoiding any sanity loss.

'Course, once you start using masks, increased hitpoints mean your terrible aoe starts to become an issue and it's probably time to go back to shadow again.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Visions are far easier than MT especially with the massive gear ilvl available. Not sure why you felt like you had to twist and turn my words to say some condascending crap I mean you are a new poster and already behave like the average MMOC nasty.

As a rogue, Visions have too many skippable parts, encounters that are super generic, zero chance of being punished for mistakes and overall boring content aimed to make the average casual think they are oh so skilled so they should continue subbing for this crap expansion.
    Show me your 5 mask full clear, and we will talk about how "easy" they are. If you're just going for cloak upgrades, of course they are easy, they are designed so that even the biggest ape can get their cloak upgraded without much trouble. But if you're interested in actual challenge, there are masks which definitely AREN'T easy, unless you completely overgear them/play a faceroll class/have full research/max cloak.

Mage Tower only had one mode, which early on was challenging for certain classes, trivial for others, and downright impossible for some. With later gear even the biggest casuals could 36/36 it without much effort.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

Visions are far easier than MT especially with the massive gear ilvl available. Not sure why you felt like you had to twist and turn my words to say some condascending crap I mean you are a new poster and already behave like the average MMOC nasty.

As a rogue, Visions have too many skippable parts, encounters that are super generic, zero chance of being punished for mistakes and overall boring content aimed to make the average casual think they are oh so skilled so they should continue subbing for this crap expansion.
    As a balance druid 2 shotted mage tower; Pretty much how your describing the rogue roll atm.

As tank; average of 200 wipes because of overtuninng and about 3 massive bugs that weren’t fixed for days/weeks..

Aa resto; dont even remember cause of how easy that shit was.

Feral; that was a challenge
    People are praising mage tower whilst they have the same pros and cons as visions

Mage tower and visions are neither harder or easyer depending what u play.

Hunters and stealth classes have alot of niche in a visions yes, does that make visions less hard then a mage tower that was 2 shotted? I dont think so. Theirs alot more rewards from visions ashwell.

I just personnaly think their far more challenging and fun then the mage tower ever was, but hey. Dont take my word for it. Its your expirerence, and this is myn right. Im just sick and tired of reading the same bs everyday that the mage tower was so super fantastic great, which they werent. Nearly everything in the game has pros and cons. And thats fine.

I wouldn't mind them as much if I could have a chance at getting a vessel from, say, a M+ end-of-dungeon lootbox.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I wouldn't mind them as much if I could have a chance at getting a vessel from, say, a M+ end-of-dungeon lootbox.
    This is actually one of the better suggestions I've seen since the patch dropped about how to give people more access to HVs without allowing easy-infinite runs. Would be a pretty cool bonus drop IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    i think a 0 mask clear gives you 3600 mementos but not sure.
    Closer to 2000-2200.

Also - Visions opened my eyes to how many people are hellbent on just playing one spec, and won't change to another one even for a million dollars. The amount of "I play resto shaman[or whatever other healer]" I've seen in the past couple weeks is absolutely amazing. Guess what, I main resto shaman as well. And yet, I would never waste my time playing resto in non-group content, therefore I bothered to put almost 0 effort into gearing my dps spec as well, therefore now, when visions came out, I can comfortably run them as enh.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Lmao people love visions but hated islands, makes zero sense to me. If you think about it, you do the same exact thing in both of them.
    Horrific Visions and Island Expeditions are both instances, but other than that, they're not even comparable.

I do. They're fun content for me, though my approach is very casual.

That said, I hope Torghast is not time-limited, or at least not in the same way. Something like D3 Rift timers could work, I suppose, but I'd rather they let us keep going until we fail and die.
    "Like it's MY fault some BIG dragon knocked me into a cave full of LITTLE dragons!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperweight View Post
    The community didn't go down the shitter because of the LFG system, the LFG system just introduced you to the shitty community in a horribly effective way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    i go in, kill the 2 bosses and peace out, There is nothing intressting there.
    I prefered the mage tower much more
    Wait.. so you go in and only kill 2 bosses in visions? But you preferred mage tower much more when people went there, killed (usually) 1 boss, then peaced out? Wow...

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Lmao people love visions but hated islands, makes zero sense to me. If you think about it, you do the same exact thing in both of them.
    what in the shit? You kill stuff is the only thing that's similar... if so you can say so about everything in game... fucking hell.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Another aspect I’m not enjoying... needed 6 texts to upgrade the cloak this week. 5 Chested Org, but can only get a maximum of 2 per run.

So, 3 visions requiring 30k resources.... and I believe it gets even worse at higher levels. FML

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like them. I do them in a Group and Solo and enjoy both. I do feel like for a group run 3 ppl is the sweet spot. 5 ppl the difficulty curve is a little high. I also think once everyone gets their cloak maxed out the runs will feel better. Doing them solo is a blast also. The only thing I really dislike is the requirement you need in order to enter the Visions. Could you imagine only being able to do 3 M+ runs a week and have to farm a item in order to do it. The Visions themselves though is great. 8/10 for me. If we could do them whenever we wanted, even without a reward I would say 9/10.

My enjoyment depends on the class I’m playing, which is completely absurd and it’s dumb that the lack of balance is so apparent. It’s like whoever designed these tested them on a Demon Hunter and then called it a day.
    change can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    My enjoyment depends on the class I’m playing, which is completely absurd and it’s dumb that the lack of balance is so apparent. It’s like whoever designed these tested them on a Demon Hunter and then called it a day.
    To be fair demon hunters will make most content easy.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, how exactly do you propose they balance it? Some classes are inherently better at soloing things than others. If I choose to play a class that isn't great at soloing, I won't be upset if my class can't solo as well as another. Unlike the Mage Towers these weren't designed to be solo-only experiences. Luckily, you are allowed to queue in a group. I highly recommend it.

Strange, I guess I'm playing the game wrong if I'm somehow enjoying the visions on my shaman.

Edit: As the post above suggests, if your class isn't good at soloing, you should probably look into grouping with others.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alosiboy View Post
    Strange, I guess I'm playing the game wrong if I'm somehow enjoying the visions on my shaman.

Edit: As the post above suggests, if your class isn't good at soloing, you should probably look into grouping with others.
    Which is all good and well, except certain rewards are only available for solo play. Which kinda sucks if you aren't one of THE classes for visions and hopefully won't be the case for Torghast. Demon Hunter dominance in solo content like this is crazy and it's not like they suffer in group, either.

Visions are far easier than MT especially with the massive gear ilvl available.
    ??? You could outgear mage tower by 2 patches because it was introduced with TOS. My hunter just had m+ weekly chest gear (960 or what was it before the squish) and even though I had no idea how2survival I just deleted that challenge because of outgear. Alts that were only 910 / argunite gear of course you'd have to put some effort, but still when it was introduced some people did it with 870 (some were very legendary dependent though).

On a side note, thanks to Tojara and Sykretts for advice with blood dk, I finally managed to get weapon from Maut and literally went from not being able to full clear to being able to do 1 mask full clear, didn't try with more cuz it's just an alt, but at least the character feels much better. Not gonna lie, obsidian skin was top damage on the vision run breakdown.

Another difference is mage tower was binary, visions can be scaled by adding / removing masks. But in both cases gear and other stuff (leggos in legion, corruptions now) can change the difficulty from "very hard" to "very easy". Judging from this thread: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-modes-to-solo There's definitely a gear floor you don't want to go below even on alts that "just want the cloak upgrade" or you'll suffer. Especially with alts, you'll see double difference because most people are both less geared and less experienced with an alt over their main.

Also btw does anyone have an order in which to add masks from easiest to hardest? I came to the point that I have more vials than I need "just for cloak upgrades" on my main so I can burn some spare on mask runs. I started from the "one that puts puddles behind you" thinking this would be the easiest one for solo (no other people to drop puddles on me).