Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    While that could indeed be a reason why they might not implement such for armor, a tint isn't quite the same as a recolor, especially with armor that has glowing bits (which mythic difficulty often has an abundance). You can see with Void Edge and Wraithchill that, with some exceptions, most weapons with an inherent glow will retain that glow's color regardless of the illusion applied. So if the LFR armor had a green glow and mythic+ has a red glow, even with a tint, they aren't going to match, and depending on the base colors of each version even the non glowing parts probably won't match 100%.

Tints would however allow us to get closer to matching and, as you suggested, that might dissuade Blizzard from doing for armor for the precisely the reason you mentioned. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't suggest it/ask for it!
    If the armor dye would work in the same way as Void Edge illusion, the base color of the armor you dye still matters. Void Edge covers your weapon in void dark blue color (which matches perfectly our current void form btw), but you can still see base color of the item. I expect that armor dye to work the same. You basicly combine two colors. Now I imagine priest Antorus tier with void edge modification, it would be glorious.

What I would like is to have option to change color of the glowings. I really like old Sunwell tiers, but I hate that fel radiation coming from the shoulders. It certainly works for some Tmogs, but I'd like to change them for some others, fel green does not mix with ren'dorei blue-purple-gold color scheme pretty well. I also think future high elvish ren'dorei would appreciate that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    Can Void Edge be bought ? I'm not subbed right now and even then I don't really feel like farming Stormwind's horrific visions...
    Unfortunately, it can't. You have to farm visions.
    Last edited by Vaedan; 2020-06-16 at 09:20 AM.

Can Void Edge be bought ? I'm not subbed right now and even then I don't really feel like farming Stormwind's horrific visions...
    Specifically, you must do the Old Town section of the Stormwind vision. There's a low chance that the Void Edge illusion will be in Valeera's chest at the end. While I'm fairly certain you can get it without using masks, I do not know if using masks improves the drop rate or not. I do know it took me a long time to get it. If you do visions with friends, the illusion is trade-able so friends who already have it, and have far better luck than you, can pass it to you if need be.

Damn, I'm bummed... I don't really like the Horrific Visions... or farming in general...

So apparently Shadows' Rising is basically a Horde novel, which sucks ass. I wanted Alleria and Turalyon to be main characters.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    So apparently Shadows' Rising is basically a Horde novel, which sucks ass. I wanted Alleria and Turalyon to be main characters.
    Not surprised, but has there been new infos about it ?

Damn, I'm bummed... I don't really like the Horrific Visions... or farming in general...
    I have less of an issue with the visions themselves than I do with having to:

do chores for a currency (coalescings),
    just to buy another currency (vessels),
    so that I can spend it to access the visions,
    to grind another currency (mementos),
    to upgrade a talent tree,
    before I can actually buy anything I find worth having, with mementos (the backpack).

It's just one big convoluted mess of a hamster wheel.

I do feel the drop rate for Void Edge may be punishingly low, but that's based on my own anecdotal evidence, and I have friends who have gotten it repeatedly and had to vendor the extras cause no one was with them to give it to.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2020-06-17 at 09:37 PM.

Yeah, the way to acceed to the the Visions is really bothersome. But, well, my VE is a hunter so Void Edge is less of a necessity I guess !

Looks like Void Elves have some new haircuts on the way!

NEW Barren
    Void Elf Male - Hair Style

NEW Glabrous
    Void Elf Female - Hair Style
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=316490/...shes-to-fade-t

Sounds like short/bald hair styles to me. Still technically counts as a new style though. Maybe more are on the way? At least you can say that they will be getting hair updates of some kind for sure now.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Looks like Void Elves have some new haircuts on the way!

https://www.wowhead.com/news=316490/...shes-to-fade-t

Sounds like short/bald hair styles to me. Still technically counts as a new style though. Maybe more are on the way? At least you can say that they will be getting hair updates of some kind for sure now.
    Yes that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchvince View Post
    Yes that's it.
    I just noticed draenei females get a bald hairstyle now in their options too. Looks like bald might be an option for everyone now.

Yeah, the way to acceed to the the Visions is really bothersome. But, well, my VE is a hunter so Void Edge is less of a necessity I guess !
    They really need to allow bows and guns to take weapon illusions. So many bows/guns would look amazing with Void Edge or Wrathchill

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    I just noticed draenei females get a bald hairstyle now in their options too. Looks like bald might be an option for everyone now.
    It seems that all races will receive this "bald hairstyle", it's quick and easy to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    They really need to allow bows and guns to take weapon illusions. So many bows/guns would look amazing with Void Edge or Wrathchill
    This has always been such a dumb restriction. There is no good reason why enchants can't apply to a ranged weapon.

If they aren't going to budge on it though, maybe they could make the arrows/bullets take the enchantment instead? Enchanted arrows have long been a staple in RPGs. It could look like the beast mastery artifact techbow from Legion that shoots lightning arrows, only instead of lightning it is whatever the enchant effect is (void arrows anyone?).

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchvince View Post
    Yes that's it.
    Asajj Ventress lookin' ass right there. LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Before the Storm was basically an Alliance novel. Horde had to deal with that.
    Blood elves are our high elves - Chris Metzen

Quote Originally Posted by Strippling View Post
    If it means we get four or five CGI cinematics all about Tyrande or any Alliance character save Anduin or Jaina, I'll be happy with that. But I have my doubts.

If it means we get four or five CGI cinematics all about Tyrande or any Alliance character save Anduin or Jaina, I'll be happy with that. But I have my doubts.
    I'd be fine with Alliance characters getting a few CGI cinematics. I'd wager that Bolvar will likely get a few.

Would be nice to have a few in-game cinematics showing Horde leaders doing cool stuff (like Jaina during BfA), but I have my doubts.
    Blood elves are our high elves - Chris Metzen

Bolvar isn't an Alliance member anymore, hasn't been since he nearly died in WotLK, you know ?

Quote Originally Posted by Strippling View Post
    Good, then I want only Alliance characters to get CGI cinematics in Shadowlands.

- - - Updated - - -

Bolvar isn't an Alliance member anymore, hasn't been since he nearly died in WotLK, you know ?
    Don't bother. He's a burnt human. Human = Alliance. Let's just ignore the fact that he is the leader of the Scourge who'll work with both factions in Shadowlands.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

I mean, he isn't intirely in the wrong. Bolvar was an Alliance commander and he'll be shoved in our throat all expansion, with probably some minor storyline for the Alliance *cough* TaeliaxAnduin *cough* but the problem is that it's done in a way which doesn't satisfy anyone. Maarad cut story in WoD worked better for me as foremost a Draenei fan than Velen's in legion because it didn't have to be watered down for the sake of the other faction and it didn't prevent the Horde from getting their own special story.