Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
15
... LastLast
  1. #81
    WoW was considered "casual" because it didn't have the severe death penalty other MMOs had, not because it was "easy". It also had enrage mechanics so that retarded 20 hour boss fights would not happen.

  2. #82
    Elemental Lord Tekkommo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    8,048
    What I expected and I'm having great fun.

    Still hoping retail improves, but Shadowlands sounds shit so far, so at least I have a version of the game I enjoy.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    I mean, maybe, but in neglecting to point out that people had been practicing on private servers for months leading up to the release of bwl, on top of 15 years of experience and knowledge, to nail those times, is misleading, if not entirely disingenuous, in my opinion.



    You dont need a cloak for vael.

    Where does this delusion come from that practise is this huge factor when it comes to pressing 1 button and defeating bosses with one ability?

  4. #84
    Well it is kinda expected that it would this easy because of several reasons.

    - Classic is based on the last patch released for vanilla, 1.12, so it is "complete" so to say.
    - Consider that Molten Core was released in patch 1.1, BWL in 1.6, AQ in 1.9 and Naxx in 1.11
    - With that in mind, the itemization and strength of classes where totally different in those patches when compared to 1.12
    - Would have been interesting to see how popular Classic would have been if it had the natural vanilla patch cycle
    - Vanilla/classic have had 15 years of theorycrafting behind it now.
    - This was not the case during vanilla, everything was still new and being figured out.

    FC - 2234-7580-4322
    Ingame - Mille
    DS name - Groggen

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Perudo View Post
    Well it is kinda expected that it would this easy because of several reasons.

    - Classic is based on the last patch released for vanilla, 1.12, so it is "complete" so to say.
    - Consider that Molten Core was released in patch 1.1, BWL in 1.6, AQ in 1.9 and Naxx in 1.11
    - With that in mind, the itemization and strength of classes where totally different in those patches when compared to 1.12
    - Would have been interesting to see how popular Classic would have been if it had the natural vanilla patch cycle
    - Vanilla/classic have had 15 years of theorycrafting behind it now.
    - This was not the case during vanilla, everything was still new and being figured out.
    You forgot adding that classes press 1 button and bosses have 1 abilities. Theorycrafting or different game versions have very little to do with the game being easy, when all bosses are tank&spank asde from one ability. Guilds take literally anyone who manages to breathe on their own and stomp the content with them. Unlike on top retail guilds I wouldn't even take it for granted that APES players are actually good at the game.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    Let's not kid ourselves, LFR is way harder than any of the Classic raids and that's a hilarious feat in itself.
    The 10 year anniversary of WoW, with LFR Molten Core, was the thing of absolute nightmares for collectors... and is a testament showcasing how stupid people in LFR are.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2020-02-14 at 09:39 AM.

  7. #87
    The Lightbringer Eugenik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In your backyard
    Posts
    3,985
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Because I do not believe that 'practice on a private server' is the sole reason these guilds are curbstomping these old raids. And it is not a proven fact that every player in every guild currently wiping the floor with MC and BWL is a private server player.
    Believe what you want. Guilds have had private servers made for them to practise BWL pre-BWL. Im not talking about pre-classic. Im talking about a couple of months ago.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    It certainly isn't. My guild cleared it our first raid and we have like two players that have ever even tried a private server.
    I assure you, your guild isnt any where near top 100 in clear time, nvm the 42mins he initially referenced.
    Let's look at the test results. You are a horrible person. It says right here, you're a horrible person. We weren't even testing that. Don't let the horrible person thing get you down though. Science justified your parents choice to abandon you.

  8. #88
    Elemental Lord Tekkommo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    8,048
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Believe what you want. Guilds have had private servers made for them to practise BWL pre-BWL. Im not talking about pre-classic. Im talking about a couple of months ago.
    I was baffled at first about this PTR talk lol, then realised they were just talking about a PS to practice BWL on.

    Is BWL easy? Yes it is. A lot relies heavily on the tanks, if they mess up situations when they are meant to taunt, or suck at being 2nd on threat to pick up the boss when they are meant to, you'll have a bad time.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2020-02-14 at 10:00 AM.

  9. #89
    The Lightbringer Eugenik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In your backyard
    Posts
    3,985
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphatorg View Post
    Where does this delusion come from that practise is this huge factor when it comes to pressing 1 button and defeating bosses with one ability?
    It contextual to what he said. He said BWL is easy because some guilds are clearing BWL sub 45mins. Those guilds have been practicing. How quickly did your guild clear BWL without practice?
    Let's look at the test results. You are a horrible person. It says right here, you're a horrible person. We weren't even testing that. Don't let the horrible person thing get you down though. Science justified your parents choice to abandon you.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by xGLxAnubis View Post
    You're talking about the BEST guilds in the world who have been farming BWL for 15 years.
    almost 900 guilds cleared in on day one, somehow i doubt all of them spend last 15 years playing bwl on private servers...

  11. #91
    The Lightbringer Eugenik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In your backyard
    Posts
    3,985
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    almost 900 guilds cleared in on day one, somehow i doubt all of them spend last 15 years playing bwl on private servers...
    Regular guilds are clearing it. Its not hard, but clearing it sub 45mins isnt the same as clearing it in 3-4hours.
    Let's look at the test results. You are a horrible person. It says right here, you're a horrible person. We weren't even testing that. Don't let the horrible person thing get you down though. Science justified your parents choice to abandon you.

  12. #92
    Over 9000! Mirishka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Get off my lawn!
    Posts
    9,898
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    almost 900 guilds cleared in on day one, somehow i doubt all of them spend last 15 years playing bwl on private servers...
    Exactly.

    /10char

  13. #93
    The Lightbringer Eugenik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In your backyard
    Posts
    3,985
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Exactly.

    /10char
    But no one said they did lol. No one said 900 guilds were practicing for 15 years.. Thats a non-sequitur.
    Let's look at the test results. You are a horrible person. It says right here, you're a horrible person. We weren't even testing that. Don't let the horrible person thing get you down though. Science justified your parents choice to abandon you.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    Classic has extremely little content if you're not a raider or a serious PvP:er, however I'm beginning to feel that the content it does have is way too easy. Raids are cleared the first reset by most guilds and then you're back to raid logging for farm raids that are almost as easy as LFR is in retail.
    It doesn't give you a sense of accomplishment and the character progression is extremely slow, with new gear upgrades coming at you about once a month.
    It's starting to feel like, what's the point if there's no challenge?
    Normal and HC raids are cleared as well in 1st week. For mythic it took 8 days or so. Yes, granted it was done by world top guilds but still.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Regular guilds are clearing it. Its not hard, but clearing it sub 45mins isnt the same as clearing it in 3-4hours.
    sure, but after MC falling like house of cards forums were flooded with people claiming that MC was easy it will take weeks for casual guilds to take BWL down, and here we are, casuals clearing it in 3-4h instead of weeks...
    and now ofc the goalpost is moved to AQ being the raid that will take weeks to clear, and im sure after first day of AQ the new goalpost will be naxx

  16. #96
    Legendary! Zka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    hungary
    Posts
    6,724
    Classic PVE has been extremely easy so far, I've canceled sub until ZG/AQ - that will be MAYBE a little bit fun.
    Don't forget we have 1.12 talents and gear which is a HUGE power creep compared to original timeline, so these early content are bound to be very easy.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Normal and HC raids are cleared as well in 1st week. For mythic it took 8 days or so. Yes, granted it was done by world top guilds but still.
    yeah first week, not first hour

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Classic PVE has been extremely easy so far, I've canceled sub until ZG/AQ - that will be MAYBE a little bit fun.
    Don't forget we have 1.12 talents and gear which is a HUGE power creep compared to original timeline, so these early content are bound to be very easy.
    sorry to dissapoint you, but it will not, not even naxx will hold longer

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    yeah first week, not first hour
    Well many guilds did normal within hours as well as hc, some both...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Classic PVE has been extremely easy so far, I've canceled sub until ZG/AQ - that will be MAYBE a little bit fun.
    Don't forget we have 1.12 talents and gear which is a HUGE power creep compared to original timeline, so these early content are bound to be very easy.
    And this is most important thing...

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    I assure you, your guild isnt any where near top 100 in clear time, nvm the 42mins he initially referenced.
    Who said anything about clear time? I'm talking about being able to clear the raid in one evening, be it in 40 minutes or 4 hours.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    But no one said they did lol. No one said 900 guilds were practicing for 15 years.. Thats a non-sequitur.
    And no one claimed BWL was easy because some guilds can clear it in 40 minutes, we claimed it was easy because most guilds could clear it on day one.

    I have no idea where this 40 minute thing became part of the discussion. It's irrelevant for 99% of the playerbase.
    Last edited by Echocho; 2020-02-14 at 10:34 AM.

  20. #100
    This may come as a shock, but WoW has ALWAYS been easy. Even back when vanilla got released it was looked as extremely casual when compared to other MMORPG's at the time. In retail the only somewhat challenging content are mythics which only a very small percentage of the playerbase does.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •