Thread: 2020 Recession

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Banks will recover, public transport will always remain a germ haven with every other asshole sneezing and spreading his shit all over people and seats.

Boy, you sure don't know how to argue. In your place I'd run between the tail from this thread, just how much can one take and still keep going I wonder.
    Nope because we keep spending trillions of dollars every crisis bailing them out they will keep being money sink holes may as well get rid of them by your logic.

You are the one throwing insane arguments where do you want to stop with your germ fears. Should we permanently close all germ filled places everyone uses? You can't shape public policy based on short term pandemic the next one will be different than the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    We should because it's already happening due to natural market forces these places don't have enough stores, hospitals and places to service them. it is only going to get worse in a recession and the next medical pandemic will be even more devastating to those areas. It's the same kind of thinking that keeps people living in flood zones when it's obviously pretty fucking stupid.
    You think we should do that.

I think we should spend $500 billion and build a colony on Mars so the son of Coronavirus+Ebola doesn't wipe out the only known race of intelligent life in the universe.

The guy down the street thinks we should spend $500 billion on nuclear fusion.

Everyone thinks their grand scheme is the most essential thing that would objectively make everything better.

We are not going to re-organize American society so you can get your train and your more communal mode of living. That's just a joke. That's not a serious idea. $800 billion wouldn't be a down payment and the element of choice that all Americans have morally and philosophical takes priority over any kind of community planning imperative that would be a necessary requirement of your vision.

We are not going to build my $500 billion Mars colony every time soon because as important as a plan B is, that would be an exorbitant expense on something that most Americans would see almost no return on investment over. It'll create a lot of jobs, but there are better ways to spend $500 billion that creates more jobs.

And we're not going to spend $500 billion on Fusion because from a practical angle, it turns out Solar, Wind and funny enough cheaper and smaller (and distributed) Fission reactors would be far more bang for the buck. Why build 5 Fusion megaproject reactors when you can build 500 highly distributed next gen nuclear-batteries and remove the single point of failure and establish redundancies and exploit economies of scale in building 500 of a thing versus 5?

The same argument against fusion applies to your rail line by the way. Airports and highways are a more robust and economical solution. And let's be frank, in the real world, the only program that is going to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope because we keep spending trillions of dollars every crisis bailing them out they will keep being money sink holes may as well get rid of them by your logic.

You are the one throwing insane arguments where do you want to stop with your germ fears. Should we permanently close all germ filled places everyone uses? You can't shape public policy based on short term pandemic the next one will be different than the next one.
    You will be spending trillions of dollars bailing shit out every crisis, because YOU need it first of all, in case you did not get the memo, better get used to it, buddy.

And we're talking about transportation specifically at the moment, boy. Your grasping at straws whataboutism can impress some teens, not me.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    We are not going to re-organize American society so you can get your train and your more communal mode of living.
    Actually that is more of a matter of practicality and planning for the future rail or not those under served communities are tragedies waiting to happen that need to be addressed. Your hardcore hate boner and rants blind your vision, if people want to choose to live in places like that then it's their life they can choose how they die. However we should consolidate infrastructure in places to serve the most amount of people in the best way.

- - - Updated - - -

You will be spending trillions of dollars bailing shit out every crisis, because YOU need it first of all, in case you did not get the memo, better get used to it, buddy.

And we're talking about transportation specifically at the moment, boy. Your grasping at straws whataboutism can impress some teens, not me.
    ROFLMAO it's not whataboutism I am just using your logic against you at least Skroe's rants involve some of the challenges with rail your entire argument is oh my god germs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am curious how the EU will tackle Italy as they had economic issues before this crisis, this issue has not been mentioned yet i believe on the news anywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    ROFLMAO it's not whataboutism I am just using your logic against you at least Skroe's rants involve some of the challenges with rail your entire argument is oh my god germs.
    That's the most relevant argument, I can continue. Local government has shut off roughly half of the public transportation lines at their will, so it's not even "ur gurmz omeglalul", it's simply about freedom of movement and not being bound to schedules others decided for you.

I guess, boy, you have hard time understanding why people prefer cars and why investing in infrastructure that enables and improves them, as opposed in infrastructure people do not really ask for is a smarter move, but that's a you problem, rather than me.

I personally could not care less, as long as government does not go full crazy wasting my hard earned $$ into making lives of some weird people I don't give a fuck about better over me. They can have their shitty public transport and I can have my roads and parkings. I'm good with that arrangement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I am curious how the EU will tackle Italy as they had economic issues before this crisis, this issue has not been mentioned yet i believe on the news anywhere.
    EU will have to break its piggy bank, it has plenty of backups there for these cases. European solidarity is worth more to EU than some euros.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2020-03-18 at 01:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

EU will have to break its piggy bank, it has plenty of backups there for these cases. European solidarity is worth more to EU than some euros.
    Oh i don't disagree but i remember the last time Greece had to be bailed out and that was under better circumstances, i am not sure it will go down that easy as breaking out the piggy bank to be honest.

That's the most relevant argument, I can continue. Local government has shut off roughly half of the public transportation lines at their will, so it's not even "ur gurmz omeglalul", it's simply about freedom of movement and not being bound to schedules others decided for you.

I guess, boy, you have hard time understanding why people prefer cars and why investing in infrastructure that enables and improves them, as opposed in infrastructure people do not really ask for is a smarter move, but that's a you problem, rather than me.
    Yeah not really relevant the US isn't short on highways feel free to build as many of them in Israel if you need them but we are basically highway country.

I personally could not care less, as long as government does not go full crazy wasting my hard earned $$ into making lives of some weird people I don't give a fuck about better over me.
    Coming from someone which uses my American tax money I am going to laugh at that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Coming from someone which uses my American tax money I am going to laugh at that.
    That's your problem, not mine, boy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Oh i don't disagree but i remember the last time Greece had to be bailed out and that was under better circumstances, i am not sure it will go down that easy as breaking out the piggy bank to be honest.
    Circumstances are different, it's a global emergency and there are dead people piling up. If they aren't going to budge for this, then you can expect EU members list becoming a few countries short in a decade or so.

That's your problem, not mine, boy.
    True we really should stop giving you guys welfare every year.

10+ Year Old Account
    True we really should stop giving you guys welfare every year.
    I, personally, don't give a rat's ass whether you give it or not. Our economy is plenty strong to go without it as well, so feel free to not give it... O wait, you can't. KEKW

Hilarious.

I, personally, don't give a rat's ass whether you give it or not. Our economy is plenty strong to go without it as well, so feel free to not give it... O wait, you can't. KEKW

Hilarious.
    I personally don't care I am just laughing at you standing on your high horse while your government comes begging for handouts every year, your lack of self awareness just adds to the hilarity.

7+ Year Old Account
    European solidarity? Fat fucking chance of that happening anytime soon. The European Central Bank basically said it wasn't their problem to fix. Germany refused to give Austria and Switzerland face masks. European borders, both external and internal have been closed in an effort by the European Commission to try and not have the EU destroy itself right here and now: Because no sane person wants the coronavirus to come to their country thanks to absolute idiocy on display from our dear leaders who in their love for Chinese money and in their love for their free movement of people didn't shut down travel to and from China as Trump, nor did they stop travel across the EU when they should have.

So now Europe is the center of the pandemic. We should help Italy with everything they need from finances to medical supplies ( not that you can expect great leaders of Europe to do that properly because can't imagine dear Germany with it's budget surplus spending hundreds of billions to save the Italians ) but after everything is done in 1-2 years from all these great men and women responsible for this should be put on trial and at best thrown in jail for the rest of their lives, because they do deserve it.

The British, as arrogant as they are, may have made the absolutely correct decision with Brexit...because I don't think the EU is going to survive this one. We're still dealing with the lack of leadership during the Great Recession, this is only going to be worse.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally don't care I am just laughing at you standing on your high horse while your government comes begging for handouts every year, your lack of self awareness just adds to the hilarity.
    Free handouts?

You boys are basically bailing out your weapon systems manufacturers with that money every year.

You know why you can't stop this? Because then a bunch of your fellow Americans will find themselves out of jobs. So don't give me your crap, this shit is likely more vital to you than to us.

Free handouts?

You boys are basically bailing out your weapon systems manufacturers with that money every year.

You know why you can't stop this? Because then a bunch of your fellow Americans will find themselves out of jobs. So don't give me your crap, this shit is likely more vital to you than to us.
    Are you sure you want to go with America doesn't have enough wars for weapon systems manufacturers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    European solidarity? Fat fucking chance of that happening anytime soon. The European Central Bank basically said it wasn't their problem to fix. Germany refused to give Austria and Switzerland face masks. European borders, both external and internal have been closed in an effort by the European Commission to try and not have the EU destroy itself right here and now: Because no sane person wants the coronavirus to come to their country thanks to absolute idiocy on display from our dear leaders who in their love for Chinese money and in their love for their free movement of people didn't shut down travel to and from China as Trump, nor did they stop travel across the EU when they should have.

So now Europe is the center of the pandemic. We should help Italy with everything they need from finances to medical supplies ( not that you can expect great leaders of Europe to do that properly because can't imagine dear Germany with it's budget surplus spending hundreds of billions to save the Italians ) but after everything is done in 1-2 years from all these great men and women responsible for this should be put on trial and at best thrown in jail for the rest of their lives, because they do deserve it.

The British, as arrogant as they are, may have made the absolutely correct decision with Brexit...because I don't think the EU is going to survive this one. We're still dealing with the lack of leadership during the Great Recession, this is only going to be worse.
    Well, I personally, as well am less than impressed with EU as of last decade. I just think that those knucklehead running the show would prefer opening the cashier instead of dealing with Quitaly or other fancy remakes of word exit or quit plus country reference.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you sure you want to go with America doesn't have enough wars for weapon systems manufacturers?
    I mean a good deal of those wars are pushed by same manufacturers in the background, but I am sure "military aid" arrangement with a friendly country is better than getting your countrymen back in bags over some shitty dustbowl.

I mean a good deal of those wars are pushed by same manufacturers in the background, but I am sure "military aid" arrangement with a friendly country is better than getting your countrymen back in bags.
    Don't need to we also have tons of mercenaries I mean private contractors to do that as well, again are you sure you want to go with that route?

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't need to we also have tons of mercenaries I mean private contractors to do that as well, again are you sure you want to go with that route?
    Of course I'm sure, because for all your blabbering you can't do shit and you know it. "Are you sure you want to go with that route", omegalul, as if you are threatening me or what?

Your shitty aid that is barely 1% of our GDP is first and foremost used to bail out and fill pockets of the guys who send your boys on useless wars for sake of making more weapons and filling more pockets. These guys own you and your guts and you can't do shit about it no matter who is in White House, House of Representatives or Senate, because all of them are on payroll.

They have conjured this "aid" just to profit from it and keep the industry pumping. Quite a few of F35s were purchased with that aid and you can only imagine the profits in bottom line for those who make this flying garbage.

All you can do is flail in impotent rage, because this simply is not going to change no matter outcome of 2020 or 2024 or 2068.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2020-03-18 at 02:39 PM.

Of course I'm sure, because for all your blabbering you can't do shit and you know it. "Are you sure you want to go with that route", omegalul, as if you are threatening me or what?

Your shitty aid that is barely 1% of our GDP is first and foremost used to bail out and fill pockets of the guys who send your boys on useless wars for sake of making more weapons and filling more pockets. These guys own you and your guts and you can't do shit about it no matter who is in White House, House of Representatives or Senate, because all of them are on payroll.

They have conjured this "aid" just to profit from it and keep the industry pumping. Quite a few of F35s were purchased with that aid and you can only imagine the profits in bottom line for those who make this flying garbage.

All you can do is flail in impotent rage, because this simply is not going to change no matter outcome of 2020 or 2024 or 2068.
    I am literally laughing at you, the US is in no short supplies of wars or friendly allies to test weapons. It's really a small investment from our GDP that we can use as leverage for soft power, we do this sort of thing all over the world we need to do it better China is kicking our butt at it.

I place the blame on useless wars on the American populace as a whole we really don't care we barely vote it's part of being in a democracy people have to get involved so nothing to do about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am literally laughing at you, the US is in no short supplies of wars or friendly allies to test weapons. It's really a small investment from our GDP that we can use as leverage for soft power, we do this sort of thing all over the world we need to do it better China is kicking our butt at it.

I place the blame on useless wars on the American populace as a whole we really don't care we barely vote it's part of being in a democracy people have to get involved so nothing to do about it.
    Your government does this for various reasons for many benefits. Just be happy that in this case you send it over to a country that does not fancy burning your flags in their backyard as they get it.

You have no shortage of those either.