5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Super interesting.. but that shows the mental state of Trump. And its scaring me.. because so many people voted for Trump. If he calls his rabid fanbase to resist/go into a revolt.. second US Civil War?... but....

Lets chant: ''lock him up!''
    Civil war? No.

Acts of terrorism? yes. They have often. Mostly fail but still try.

Trump cult only acts when they feel they can get away with it.

It says a lot about a group that only protests when they are armed with weapons.

They are cowards period.

Counter trump protestors stand across them without weapons.

All the while knowing full well that some of the trump cultist wouldn’t have a problem shooting them if they had a chance.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    ...she's fucked?

We've talked about that topic before: what happens to a law firm that publicly chooses to represent sedition? This isn't like Clinton, who was assigned to defend a rapist. Criminals get lawyers, that's the Constitution, but they don't typically get to pick their case -- it's the one they're arrested for. This was something Mitchell went out of her way to be part of.

Oh, and let's add to it, that response from her law firm? Either they didn't know -- and she was taking cases outside their firm's knowledge or consent, and while I don't work at a law firm I suspect that's a giant no-no -- or they did know, but thought it wouldn't get out, and they're trying to cut their losses. Either way, Foley and Lardner are clearly concerned with this getting back to them and costing them money and respect. We've seen legal and nonlegal analysis suggesting that Trump's actions, direct threats included, were criminal, and Mitchell was an active participant. Either they'd better be ready to defend one of their own who came close to the line but didn't cross it...or she's out on the street.
    @cubby I know I ask a lot of you but...what's your far more experienced take?
    That law firm is probably already in panic mode - for several reasons:

(1) When attorneys join a firm, they give a little and take a little. They give some/most of their hourly fees to the firm, and are then paid a salary, based on a number of complicated calculations. In return, the firm pays their malpractice insurance. Malpractice insurance for attorneys works relatively the same as doctors - if the attorney fucks up and is sued for that fuck up, the firms malpractice insurance covers it. Now, if an attorney knowingly commits a crime, or helps another commit a crime (which is effectively the same thing), malpractice insurance DOESN'T cover the act nor the fallout - meaning the firm is on the hook (not just the attorney in this case). Cleta Mitchell broke the law in that call, or at least conspired to do so and was certainly an active accomplice. She could face charges herself, and most certainly is looking at sanctions and/or disbarment. And her law firm is on the hook for her actions, with no backup insurance (imagine a $5MM verdict, plus the cost of defending the court cases that stem from her/Trump's actions).

(2) Every attorney is an officer of the court, sort of, and are duty bound to report crimes. So much so that the attorney client privilege is automatically waved if an attorney knows or suspects that their client is going to commit a crime - they are duty bound to break privilege and report the crime. Cleta Mitchell, if she knew what Trump was going to do, violated her oath as an attorney.

but it gets worse

(3) If Cleta Mitchell is deemed to have been an active participant, then she crosses the line from attorney to indicted felon, and privilege is lost (similar to what happened with Cohen as Trump's fixer/attorney). And if privilege is broken, all her interactions with Trump and other clients are up for investigation, by both the State Bar and law enforcement officials. Everything she's done with and for Trump is open to investigation.

but you asked about the firm...

(4) the firm is now part and parcel to a felon who lost privilege and has investigators crawling all over the entire firm's files (very complicated procedure, btw). Law firms are build on their reputation - it's literally all they have, along with legions of billable hours. If a law firm's reputation is damaged or destroyed, they are done - clients can always find another law firm, outside of John Grisham novel there is no "best" firm in any category, and certainly anyone employing Cleta Mitchell doesn't even meet the top 10.

So how fucked is Cleta Mitchell and her firm? Entirely fucked. Don't be shocked if that firm doesn't exist later in the year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Timester View Post
    Question, are conservatives normally pro-states' rights?
    Correction:

Conservatives are against government telling them what to do, but as they can't escape it completely, they favor states' rights over federal rights, hoping that by living in states populated more by other conservatives, they can maintain their status quo.

Conservative politicians, on the other hand, are for anything that will help them keep their job, which often means playing to the typical conservative values, but sometimes does not. Lately, it seems that they view "owning the libruls" to be a vastly higher priority than preserving typical conservative values.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Well 4 years is a ways off, so anyone projected to run now means fawk all. My larger point is Pence is going to have to ceremoniously confirm the Electoral College votes in the Senate today.
    That's tomorrow. Today is the GA runoff election.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Lou Dobbs fighting the good fight, and helping the country see the light:

“We’re eight weeks from the election, and we still don’t have verifiable, tangible support for the crimes that everyone knows were committed — that is, defrauding other citizens who voted with fraudulent votes,” Dobbs said.

“We know that’s the case in Nevada, we know it’s the case in Pennsylvania and a number of other states, but we have had a devil of a time finding actual proof. Why?”
    These fuckwits are just beyond believable.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/jud...eorgia-results

And one more Georgia election loss for Trump, the results still count and he still lost.

Nobody has lost more lawsuits, and in a more humiliating way, than Trump has. Nobody. He's the best at losing lawsuits, nobody is better than him. Believe him, you'll get so tired of losing lawsuits you'll forget what winning felt like.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/abgutman/status/1346519659005284353

Thread but I guess PA Republicans can just like...kick out the LT. Governor on the first day of swearing in because they don't like him, and then just straight up refuse to swear in a Democrat who won his race and was certified the winner.

Republicans are the party of lawless anarchy. Period.

27 hidden pages and more stuff being deleted as I look at the thread.....strange things are afoot at the Circle K.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It's not lawless anarchy, it's fascism. They are showing their true colors and it's really fucking dangerous. If we don't start prosecuting people for this kind of shit it's going to get worse before it gets better.
    Does anyone think that will happen though? I want to have faith in this country but to me it looks like they'll just get away with it and things will be worse in 4-8-12 years.

https://www.stltoday.com/news/nation...579716c2d.html

Republican Josh Hawley: LEFTWING VIOLENCE OUTSIDE MY HOME!

Responding officers: people were peaceful and left when we explained to them they were violating a law. It wasn't a big deal.

Seriously, Republicans are the biggest fuckin crybaby wusses.

Josh:

Tonight while I was in Missouri, Antifa scumbags came to our place in DC and threatened my wife and newborn daughter, who can’t travel. They screamed threats, vandalized, and tried to pound open our door. Let me be clear: My family & I will not be intimidated by leftwing violence
    Unfortunately for him, ShutdownDC, who organized the protest, posted roughly an hour of unedited video from the protest, which showed none of that. They did "violently" shout "Respect the votes. Trump lost!"

What a fuckin snowflake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Nah, just someone's posting history in the thread being deleted. Takes the page count a little while to realise that sometimes lol
    Any idea who or why?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Any idea who or why?
    If I had to guess. Jettisawn or whatever his name is got his account deleted like he wanted.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    funny thing is they found proof of fraud. Its in trumps phone call....... oh the irony of it being the only real proof of election fraud, or attempted fraud
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    If I had to guess. Jettisawn or whatever his name is got his account deleted like he wanted.
    Oh yeah, and then remade a brand new account today...

Aight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And one more Georgia election loss for Trump, the results still count and he still lost.
    U.S. District Judge Mark Cohen said several times during a Tuesday hearing that the case was "beyond unPresidented."

He called the president's motion "extraordinary" and asked Trump's attorneys a number of questions related to the suit. Cohen declared that Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensberger did nothing wrong in recertifying the 2020 election results multiple times in favor of President-elect Joe Biden and added that the sole authority to overturn results at this point is Congress.

"The election, certification and casting of ballots are final and over," the response reads. "The matter is now before Congress as set forth ... to count the certified votes. Georgia has completely complied with all requirements under the United States Constitution, federal and state election law."
    The NYJets literally have a better record now.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The NYJets literally have a better record now.
    Damn that is bad.

At least the jets get a second round draft pick.....that will probably refuse to play for the jets.....
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    That law firm is probably already in panic mode - for several reasons:

(1) When attorneys join a firm, they give a little and take a little. They give some/most of their hourly fees to the firm, and are then paid a salary, based on a number of complicated calculations. In return, the firm pays their malpractice insurance. Malpractice insurance for attorneys works relatively the same as doctors - if the attorney fucks up and is sued for that fuck up, the firms malpractice insurance covers it. Now, if an attorney knowingly commits a crime, or helps another commit a crime (which is effectively the same thing), malpractice insurance DOESN'T cover the act nor the fallout - meaning the firm is on the hook (not just the attorney in this case). Cleta Mitchell broke the law in that call, or at least conspired to do so and was certainly an active accomplice. She could face charges herself, and most certainly is looking at sanctions and/or disbarment. And her law firm is on the hook for her actions, with no backup insurance (imagine a $5MM verdict, plus the cost of defending the court cases that stem from her/Trump's actions).

(2) Every attorney is an officer of the court, sort of, and are duty bound to report crimes. So much so that the attorney client privilege is automatically waved if an attorney knows or suspects that their client is going to commit a crime - they are duty bound to break privilege and report the crime. Cleta Mitchell, if she knew what Trump was going to do, violated her oath as an attorney.

but it gets worse

(3) If Cleta Mitchell is deemed to have been an active participant, then she crosses the line from attorney to indicted felon, and privilege is lost (similar to what happened with Cohen as Trump's fixer/attorney). And if privilege is broken, all her interactions with Trump and other clients are up for investigation, by both the State Bar and law enforcement officials. Everything she's done with and for Trump is open to investigation.

but you asked about the firm...

(4) the firm is now part and parcel to a felon who lost privilege and has investigators crawling all over the entire firm's files (very complicated procedure, btw). Law firms are build on their reputation - it's literally all they have, along with legions of billable hours. If a law firm's reputation is damaged or destroyed, they are done - clients can always find another law firm, outside of John Grisham novel there is no "best" firm in any category, and certainly anyone employing Cleta Mitchell doesn't even meet the top 10.

So how fucked is Cleta Mitchell and her firm? Entirely fucked. Don't be shocked if that firm doesn't exist later in the year.
    Okay probably getting into speculation but she has to have committed a crime?

The big one is Trump is an effin moron and had to have counsel on what not to say. Now you listen to the audio and basically goes there, not full criminal but the mobster "I hate to have anything happen to your business here". From what I read she was present for the call. Again, speculation and I guess if we are taking this to court none of those people are going to snitch on each other in the room on what they did or not do.

So Cubby, take a look at my post and go to her Twitter feed. She is batshit crazy. So which I ask you that many businesses have policies toward their social media. Her social media reads crazy from denying the General election to masks don't do shit for Covid and Georgia election. So does this law firm not read her feed? She seems crazy enough to probably discuss this in office or colleagues. Maybe she is disciplined. Oh btw on here bio it reads "Conservative Attorney".

So the Law Firm is going to of course play ignorance, but seems to know who she was. She could have acted totally unilaterally by sitting in but you gave good info how the law firm may still be on the hook.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Nah, just someone's posting history in the thread being deleted. Takes the page count a little while to realise that sometimes lol
    Who was perma banned?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Oh yeah, and then remade a brand new account today...

Aight.
    Ugh, guess I have to update my ignore list.
    /s

Early exit polls are not looking good. youth vote is down, a lot in a state that had one of the highest youth votes on nov 3rd. Hopefully later exit polls will shift it a lot higher.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Who was perma banned?
    Jettisomething supposedly asked for their account to be deleted. While "waiting" they continued their keyboard based diarrhea outpouring.

If Uni is right, the forums are still flushing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Early exit polls are not looking good. youth vote is down, a lot in a state that had one of the highest youth votes on nov 3rd. Hopefully later exit polls will shift it a lot higher.
    Exit polling doesn't account for mail-in voting, which should heavily lean Democrat. And with in-person turnout appearing to be low, I'm still hopeful that means Republican turnout will be down meaningfully.