Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    I've actually gotta admit: Mike Pence crushed that last question. If he answered everything like that, it would've been a runaway.

That said, (fly aside) it was super refreshing to to see a "regular" debate that let others speak. I will say that Pence was, if the viewer were not aware of the goings on of the last 3 years, excellent at defending a record.

(VP) Harris was quite good at pointing out those inadequacies and tell Mike Pence his what-for that she had more to say and to shut his mouth until it was his turn.
    What record? The record of Dotard Hitlerine is non-existant/godawful
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    So we should pick the Republican candidate?? If you know about the EPA it wouldn't have been nearly as effective without Nader.
    Ah so it's almost as if it was the result of a compromise policy and even though it's not perfect we'd be in a far worse place without it?

Sit down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    That said, (fly aside) it was super refreshing to to see a "regular" debate that let others speak. I will say that Pence was, if the viewer were not aware of the goings on of the last 3 years, excellent at defending a record.
    I think this debate would be called a shit show in 2012...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    thus the "if the viewer were not aware of the goings on for the last 3 years".
    It's hard to, ya know.... not. There's something new every day as a US citizen. A new thing that would've ended an Obama presidency in the Senate - not things like "dijon-gate" or "tansuit-gate" or whatever the hell hillary did today.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I think this debate would be called a shit show in 2012...
    I mean... the meme back then was "Binders of Women" and Paul Ryan's P90X Pumping photo.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I can appreciate that while they are trying to continually interrupt each other, it's far more civil than our previous debate. And Harris seems to be a class act overall, with some real fire and brimstone.
    It was such a weird debate. Trump is a bombastic spaz, and Pence is the most deadpan person I've ever seen. I don't think anyone gained any ground, but even though Pence like didn't answer any questions, it felt somewhat like a normal debate, at least when compared to last week.

10+ Year Old Account
    As expected, Pence got called out for lying more than Harris did. Most of these are Trump lines such as "no collusion" and "Obama spied".

The new one? "You took Trump praising Nazis out of context."

1) No she didn't.
    2) Is there any context in which praising Nazis is okay?

There's a fair number of "he/she didn't answer" I'm sure, the one that sticks out is Harris/packing the courts and Pence/Trump's health care plan.

I'm sure there'll be plenty of articles fact-checking the debates by tomorrow morning.

10+ Year Old Account
    He said ‘if they were not aware of what’s going on’... he is right... it’s what I meant by... he did fine... if you had strong feelings against Harris, Pence would be fine as an alternative.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

mike 'pestilence' pence

10+ Year Old Account
    I've actually gotta admit: Mike Pence crushed that last question. If he answered everything like that, it would've been a runaway.

(VP) Harris was quite good at pointing out those inadequacies and tell Mike Pence his what-for that she had more to say and to shut his mouth until it was his turn.
    I didn't watch the last ten or so minutes so I can't agree with that first part, but I agree with everything else. Yes, Pence tried very hard to defend Trump's record, but you can try very hard to stop a speeding train with a claymore and shield. The same thing will happen.

He said ‘if they were not aware of what’s going on’... he is right... it’s what I meant by... he did fine... if you had strong feelings against Harris, Pence would be fine as an alternative.
    The point is, Dotard Tangerine makes the "not being aware of what's going on" part extremely dificult, if not impossible. The sorry excuse of human being cannot stay silent for a day

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I didn't watch the last ten or so minutes so I can't agree with that first part, but I agree with everything else. Yes, Pence tried very hard to defend Trump's record, but you can try very hard to stop a speeding train with a claymore and shield. The same thing will happen.
    The last question Pence answered honestly. It did not mention Trump once. It was human-like.

10+ Year Old Account
    The point is, Dotard Tangerine makes the "not being aware of what's going on" part extremely dificult, if not impossible. The sorry excuse of human being cannot stay silent for a day
    That’s privilege... sorry...

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    mike 'pestilence' pence
    Mike "lord of flies" Pence

Michael "Nurgler" Pence

Mike "Horseman" Pence

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Some may like to sit and do nothing
    and wish for gradual change
    "Gradual change" isn't doing nothing, it's doing something at a pace you dislike.

Stop lying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

He really did his best to make it seem like trump presidency was perfectly normal, and that Biden being president would be insane. idk if it worked, but he tried hard.

That’s privilege... sorry...
    ?? did not understand

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    mike 'pestilence' pence
    Trump is nurgle and mike is one of his plague marines.

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    Trump is nurgle and mike is one of his plague marines.
    Trump is a unholy fusion of Khorne/Slaneesh and Nurgle. Not Tzeentch because he's too fucking dumb

The Fly: the Vice President the country deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

10+ Year Old Account
    ?? did not understand
    There are more people who will not vote, than those who will. Those people, odds are due to lack of access, time or money... things such as someone like me, who bitches about politics on a forum, considers a privilege. They don’t engage, because they don’t have the privilege to waste their time on this shit.