Didn't scotus rule a few years back it's illegal to be a faithlesss elector?

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Down to 196K in PA.
    I'm counting 175k on google.

Trump has a 0.8% lead in Georgia.

So in other words Trump is about to loose Georgia. If Biden gets AZ and Georgia that's a rap.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Down to 196K in PA.
    It’s already less than that, but Trump is gaining as well... will the difference be enough? Oh god...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nastard View Post
    Betting odds that Biden wins, but faithless electors give Trump the narrow stolen victory?
    The Supreme Court ruled that faithless electors can't do that.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Atlanta. Urban area in a state with relatively little rural area population (compared to TX and FL, the only other states in the south with urban areas rivaling ATL).
    I sincerely hope that Georgia going more blue is a sign of increased African American voter participation, as the Atlanta metro area has a very large African American population. I hope that young black men/women will all feel more enfranchised by this shift and continue that increased participation. That would only be a good thing for this nation.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    I think it’ll be closer to 100k, but I wouldn’t be upset if Biden over performed.
    He's been overperforming like crazy in all the EV getting counted today.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    They ruled that electors have to follow state laws, but not every state has a law in regards to faithless electors.

So, like everything else it's a clusterfuck you have to look at on a state by state basis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a reason why Georgia is close to going blue while the rest of the South is solidly red? Not an American so I don't know the make up of the states - does Georgia have a higher number of African-Americans compared to the rest of the South?
    Atlanta is a very large city, one of the largest in South. Also one of the largest black populations among major metro cities in the US, well above the national average.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

So in other words Trump is about to loose Georgia. If Biden gets AZ and Georgia that's a rap.
    GA is almost done. Biden would need about 70% of rest of votes to win GA. I would say Trump wins GA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Many states already elect their AG, why would a federal election be a big stretch?
    Getting people across all states to care about a singular AG would be, I'd think.

A lot of those down-ballot positions aside from senators, governors and representatives are pretty nebulous in the minds of most voters.

And like I said, I don't think it'd functionally much different from just having the president appoint their own AG, seeing as... parties would sponsor their own candidates for AG anyway. I'd assume whoever won the presidency would also have that AG voted in as well.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Uh... PA is creeping really quick right now I really want them to get the data we need tonight.

10+ Year Old Account

I don’t think there are enough votes.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    See, this is exactly what I was talking about. Well, the nonviolent half.

Trump campaign files lawsuit to stop vote counting in Georgia

The evidence? Someone on Team Trump says someone else slipped in 53 illegally late ballots.

Look, any vote cast illegally is a crime, but...53? And "some guy saw it" seems like a pretty weak case for stopping votes from being counted.

Wouldn't the appropriate move be to demand a recount after losing? Trump's supporters will gleefully pay for it. That way, he gets two chances. The honest one, and if that fails, a second shot. I mean, if he wins Georgia despite what he claims to be voter fraud without evidence, will he really care how?

By my count that's WI MI PA AZ and now GA that have had Trump fuckery involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Faithless electors will mean people riot... there is no doubt...
    Indeed. There were 7 faithless electors last election, though I think those were probably empty gestures knowing it wouldn't change the outcome. But if this ends up being 270 vs 268? It would take just one to tie and two to give Trump the victory. I've seen crazier things happen. Y'know, like Trump getting elected in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I don’t think there are enough votes.
    Quote Originally Posted by luc54 View Post
    GA is almost done. Biden would need about 70% of rest of votes to win GA. I would say Trump wins GA.

Trump is 39k above Biden and there is 122K videos not shown yet.

There is a solid chance Biden takes it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Trump is 39k above Biden and there is 122K videos not shown yet.

There is a solid chance Biden takes it.
    They still have 125k ballots to count in Fulton alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    https://www.npr.org/2020/07/06/88516...constitutional

States are free to punish faithless electors, which would be the ones in red where they have laws against faithless electors.

Also, faithless electors happen all but typically in a ceremonial fashion. Actually changing the outcome of an election would be very bad news with the chances of that ever happening being close to 0.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2020-11-05 at 01:37 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

What will Kamala Harris' title be and what will Doug's title be? Second man? Second lord?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Nastard View Post
    Indeed. There were 7 faithless electors last election, though I think those were probably empty gestures knowing it wouldn't change the outcome. But if this ends up being 270 vs 268? It would take just one to tie and two to give Trump the victory. I've seen crazier things happen. Y'know, like Trump getting elected in the first place.
    It feels unlikely to me. As you said, the electors who changed their votes last time did so because it was a gesture; they were all pledged for Clinton, who had lost anyway. Remember, the electors are selected by each party; the odds of a Democrat-appointed elector choosing to give the election to Trump seem slim.