Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    You aren't wrong, but it just fuels the fire. If no one responded, people like the OP wouldn't be around as much, they just want to seem like internet badasses and garner attention because they're typically children who want to be cool and "troll" like it's 4chan.
    why do you assume things about people you obviously have no idea about?

Almost feels like OP started this threat after watching Jim's video about the very subject 2 days ago.

Agree with the points in the video about being led to believe entertainment media has some kind of inherent value, which it hasn't, and that spoiler/anti-spoiler practices are really just plain silly.

Adding my 2 cents; Denearys dies and rey kills the emperor because who in their right mind gives a damn? I like to think at some point people just don't care where a mediocre story goes, especially in the case of Warcraft's. Just enjoy what gameplay there is to enjoy and let the "story" support it, but it doesn't deserve any major spoiler warnings in my opinion.

Your mileage may vary there. The counter-argument being that the game has players of different ages who might not have experienced the tons of tropes present in WoW. For their sake, I'm willing to not spoil that Arthas will show up in Shadowlands (or massive riots will ensue).

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    You aren't wrong, but it just fuels the fire. If no one responded, people like the OP wouldn't be around as much, they just want to seem like internet badasses and garner attention because they're typically children who want to be cool and "troll" like it's 4chan.
    Fair enough. You're probably right on that.

Quote Originally Posted by 7empest View Post
    Almost feels like OP started this threat after watching Jim's video about the very subject 2 days ago.

Agree with the points in the video about being led to believe entertainment media has some kind of inherent value, which it hasn't, and that spoiler/anti-spoiler practices are really just plain silly.

Adding my 2 cents; Denearys dies and rey kills the emperor because who in their right mind gives a damn? I like to think at some point people just don't care where a mediocre story goes, especially in the case of Warcraft's. Just enjoy what gameplay there is to enjoy and let the "story" support it, but it doesn't deserve any major spoiler warnings in my opinion.

Your mileage may vary there. The counter-argument being that the game has players of different ages who might not have experienced the tons of tropes present in WoW. For their sake, I'm willing to not spoil that Arthas will show up in Shadowlands (or massive riots will ensue).
    I haven't seen this video, but am glad you mentioned it Will watch it now.
    "Spoilers" are bullshit is the takeaway form it.
    its simply a non-problem which the community enlarges for the sake of being upset bout something because some incels have no life.

Spoilers spoil things. It's right there in the name, even.

Quote Originally Posted by McTaster View Post
    Be a good boy? Do you think everyone shoudl follwo "rules" liek dogs? XD
    If thats the life you want, live it.

I on the other hand do what I want, when I want it.
    Out of Curiosity, how old are you?

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    Out of Curiosity, how old are you?
    47 - and believe me, things used to be way different not so long ago.

It's common sense not to spoil things for people that don't want to be spoiled. Why would you do it on purpose? If you wanna talk about it make a different thread about spoilers or do it in private. Ain't that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    It's common sense not to spoil things for people that don't want to be spoiled. Why would you do it on purpose? If you wanna talk about it make a different thread about spoilers or do it in private. Ain't that hard.
    its not about "doing it on purpose", more liek if I want to talk about it I talk about it and thats it.

its not about "doing it on purpose", more liek if I want to talk about it I talk about it and thats it.
    It's a shitty thing to do.

Yea, not so long ago we respected each other, their opinions and what the like.

As you Mentioned Columbo, I´ve never seen anyone who watched columbo going about telling what happens next just because they knew it.
    Not so long ago there was no need for a "No Spoiler Rule", because people had the respect for others to put spoilers in Spoiler Tags or Spoiler Forums.

Or in "Not so long back" time: Not talk about Story related stuff with people who dont know the story yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    It's a shitty thing to do.
    its neutral, whats shitty to do is asking another person to stop becuase they havnet seen soemthing. Well I dont give a fuck, eitehr watch it, or cover your ears and be silent

There are Dedicated Forums/Discord/Platforms for that.

Dont get baited guys (oh man, i just got baited myself...damn)

Everyone knows spoilers are bad, thats just common sense.

And im out of here, just in case there is some spoilers going around here cya

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    Yea, not so long ago we respected each other, their opinions and what the like.

As you Mentioned Columbo, I´ve never seen anyone who watched columbo going about telling what happens next just because they knew it.
    Not so long ago there was no need for a "No Spoiler Rule", because people had the respect for others to put spoilers in Spoiler Tags or Spoiler Forums.

Or in "Not so long back" time: Not talk about Story related stuff with people who dont know the story yet.
    Everyone always talked about movies sports, etc. Peopel simply didnt care "spoilers" didnt even exist back then!
    Nobody gave a fuck if they heard soemtihng in advnce, and they enjoyed it when they watched it 100%
    That was something good, which the modern shut-in egomaniac society, overdosed on politicla corectenss simpyl doesnt encourage.

There are brainded idiots out there who would shoot themsleves if they found out they said something improper.
    The no-spoiler zombies nowadays are like this, albeit in a lighter form.

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean not true at all, being annoyed by people spoiling something has been around since before we even had movies or video games.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Just stop.

Stop pretending you can't enjoy a good story without knowing some details first.
    Who the fuck even cares???

This "no spoiler" culture is just utter bullshit.
    If they are going to places were it is very clearly spoilers ahead then ya. But just ruining something just out of no were is a different thing. Some do like to ether figure things out themselves or also be surprised.

I find it worrisome that a 47 years old doesn't understand the basic concept of following simple rules. If discord server/forum says "No-Spoilers, or use Spoiler tag", then you follow the rule.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

7+ Year Old Account
    Everyone always talked about movies sports, etc. Peopel simply didnt care "spoilers" didnt even exist back then!
    Nobody gave a fuck if they heard soemtihng in advnce, and they enjoyed it when they watched it 100%
    That was something good, which the modern shut-in egomaniac society, overdosed on politicla corectenss simpyl doesnt encourage.

There are brainded idiots out there who would shoot themsleves if they found out they said something improper.
    The no-spoiler zombies nowadays are like this, albeit in a lighter form.
    Not even close to true but whatever. My grandpa didn't have a radio. He got the news about the local hockey game in the paper the next day.
    He used to berate his friend if he told him the results of the game when they met the next morning before he could read his paper. And that was like... 50 years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I find it worrisome that a 47 years old doesn't understand the importance of following basic rules.
    Yeah, me thinks at 20 he as he said "didn't follow the rules. As only dogs follow rules." And went to jail for 25 years. And here he is now. Thinking it's ok.
    Also yeah sure. 47 year old named "mctaster"
    Also I thought my spelling was bad. And I'm 23.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

7+ Year Old Account
    i mean, i understand that people don't want to hear or know things to not spoil the moment when they actually see and happen, but i do agree people are getting rly annoying, i think some years ago, this thing about spoilers became trending, like it was cool stuff to say, people act like their whole world ended because of it, i know people that stop talking to each other because they slip some shit about a tv show, like wtf

but yeah, things are not going to stop right away.