Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

What's the whole thing about flynn and shaw

If Mathias Shaw and Flynn Fairwood (in theory) were in a romantic relationship but then later Mathias decided to get into another relationship with Valeera, would Flynn be against this? Would it bother Flynn at all?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gurutikka View Post
    If Mathias Shaw and Flynn Fairwood (in theory) were in a romantic relationship but then later Mathias decided to get into another relationship with Valeera, would Flynn be against this? Would it bother Flynn at all?
    Where was it implied that Shaw and Flynn was sweet on each other?

You're basically asking for answers to fanfic on things we have no idea about.

Shaw isn't in a relationship with anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Where was it implied that Shaw and Flynn was sweet on each other?

Minute 1:22

It's not stated that it is Flynn. But if you played through the whole alliance story then it kinda makes sense.
    Last edited by Ragnarohk; 2020-04-19 at 04:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post

Minute 1:22

It's not stated that it is Flynn. But if you played through the whole alliance story then it kinda makes sense.
    I must be blind then because I never heard or seen Shaw or Flynn talk like they was interested in each other. From what I seen its more implied that Valeera is interested in Shaw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    I must be blind then because I never heard or seen Shaw or Flynn talk like they was interested in each other. From what I seen its more implied that Valeera is interested in Shaw.
    Agree with this, never once did I see anything that implies Flynn and Shaw are interested in eachother, or that either one swings that way in the first place.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Title says Flynn and sha

Flynn is Sha of Lust confirmed
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Agree with this, never once did I see anything that implies Flynn and Shaw are interested in eachother, or that either one swings that way in the first place.
    In fact, there's flat out a NPC that talks about how Flynn likes a girl with "hair like a raven's down".

Like...perhaps Taelia.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Raise_a_Glass!

Doesn't Flynn like Taelia?

Personally I think Shaw would be better with Wrymbane. But if Flynn and Shaw do get together, I wouldn't be surprised considering there's a book coming out soon that features the two of them.
    change can't wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    Doesn't Flynn like Taelia?

Personally I think Shaw would be better with Wrymbane. But if Flynn and Shaw do get together, I wouldn't be surprised considering there's a book coming out soon that features the two of them.
    Yeah he is sweet on Taelia but it looks like Anduin is going to get to her first.

7+ Year Old Account
    Theories about open relationships in pairings that never happened: Volume 1
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    You're basically asking for answers to fanfic on things we have no idea about.

Shaw isn't in a relationship with anyone.
    I don't know Flynn's personality so that's why I am asking if he would be offended if his lover Mathias got into a relation with Valeera.

I don't know Flynn's personality so that's why I am asking if he would be offended if his lover Mathias got into a relation with Valeera.
    Again you're asking us to comment on fan fiction.

There was some speculation that they may be interested in one another based on the video linked earlier and the fact that there's a book coming out where the two travel around together. While it wouldn't surprise me if either of them were interested in men, I also feel like some of Flynn's dialogue in Tiragarde would have supplied at least a comment about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    There was some speculation that they may be interested in one another based on the video linked earlier and the fact that there's a book coming out where the two travel around together. While it wouldn't surprise me if either of them were interested in men, I also feel like some of Flynn's dialogue in Tiragarde would have supplied at least a comment about it.
    I can imagine Valeera going to go see Shaw after he gets back and walks in on this........

I'm joking by the way, please don't crucify me I'm just joking.
    Last edited by Dellis0991; 2020-04-19 at 05:27 AM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Flynn and Shaw are not lovers outside of fan fic. this isn't a thing in game, you're confusing fan fiction with actual in game stuff.

Jesus... Do your arms hurt after reaching that much?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    there's a book coming out where the two travel around together.
    Are they traveling around together by choice or because they are just doing their jobs? I'm expecting more of a buddy cop-esq story from that book.

Also, as pointed out by Jester Joe, Flynn has shown interest in a "raven haired" girl (likely Taelia), so unless he's bi, that's out the window.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2020-04-19 at 05:41 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Well, it might just be us fanfic people looking too much into minor details to force our narrative. But I would buy that novel if they actually go for it.

Fine, Anduin/Wrathion wasn't a thing. But this could be. *crosses fingers*

Are they traveling around together by choice or because they are just doing their jobs? I'm expecting more of a buddy cop-esq feel to that story.

Also, as pointed out by Jester Joe, Flynn has shown interest in a "raven haired" girl (likely Taelia), so unless he's bi, that's out the window.
    I could totally see Flynn as bisexual or pansexual. I never said he wasn't interested in women, but interest in women does not preclude interest in men. I still think the Flynn/Shaw pairing is built on incredibly thin speculation and wouldn't wager on anything actually materializing in lore, but I also wouldn't be surprised if it did. I expect the relationship between the two in the book to mostly follow along one of the standard male friendship tropes (such as the buddy cop trope), but if they did want to announce a significant lore character as non-heterosexual, a novel with one of these two would be the avenue I'd expect (based on how they handled similar reveals in Overwatch).