Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    You're kind of proving my point. It's not just the spell exerting that lighting source on the casual, because all of that is being done manually to invoke what the developers are trying to convey - Jaina is distrusting of the meeting and still traumatized by Theramore and as a result reverts briefly to being wrathful. The eyes are being illuminated to visually convey this huge shift in her disposition.

Xe'ra exerting external influence on Turalyon's eyes wouldn't have been done if it didn't have a significant narrative purpose. Blizzard is among the least subtle storytellers in any medium.
    Precisely because they are not subtle storytellers, if Turalyon were mind-controlled they'd just spell it out to the audience. I think it's just a case of the CGI team paying super attention to details in that cinematic. Especially since Turalyon also had brown eyes while Xe'ra was still alive (even if her body was shattered, she was still present in the living world through her core).
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-04-26 at 07:15 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

5+ Year Old Account
    The cinematic was cool, in its own twisted way. Don't get me wrong, Illidan in Legion was an insufferable emo prick, but him getting that sanctimonious windchime toasted made me giggle gleefully like a little girl. Bonus points for all those LF goats not being able to even lift a finger against him
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

It's because if he didn't kill her then she would still be alive. It would strip Turalyon of 3 seconds of outburst and Illidan of one liner.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Precisely because they are not subtle storytellers, if Turalyon were mind-controlled they'd just spell it out to the audience. I think it's just a case of the CGI team paying super attention to details in that cinematic. Especially since Turalyon also had brown eyes while Xe'ra was still alive (even if her body was shattered, she was still present in the living world through her core).
    That kind of is spelling it out.

It can also be influence/zeal/preternatural fervor without being "mind control." It's not off-limits as possible source of influence. It's consistent with what happened later in Draenor.

Also, I can't fucking believe I'm saying this, but MJ has a point about Jaina channeling the arcane. Her eyes shift before she begins exuding a light source.

I don't buy even remotely that Turalyon wasn't being influenced in some way and that Xe'ra wouldn't absolutely exert that kind of control. His entire attitude changes beyond just "reverence." A lot of assumptions need to be made regardless. Doesn't justify killing Xe'ra, but to say Xe'ra was being entirely benevolent is...nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    That kind of is spelling it out.

It can also be influence/zeal/preternatural fervor without being "mind control." It's not off-limits as possible source of influence. It's consistent with what happened later in Draenor.

Also, I can't fucking believe I'm saying this, but MJ has a point about Jaina channeling the arcane. Her eyes shift before she begins exuding a light source.

I don't buy even remotely that Turalyon wasn't being influenced in some way and that Xe'ra wouldn't absolutely exert that kind of control. His entire attitude changes beyond just "reverence." A lot of assumptions need to be made regardless. Doesn't justify killing Xe'ra, but to say Xe'ra was being entirely benevolent is...nope.
    Is it spelling it out, when Turalyon never even alludes to the idea he might've been controlled or influenced negatively by Xe'ra? Plus that wouldn't explain why Turalyon had brown eyes in that cinematic before Xe'ra was revived (slow down the video and you can see his eyes turn golden as Xe'ra's form is restored). Was Xe'ra not influencing him before those 20 seconds when she was revived, if your theory were correct?
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    How so? We've seen a Lightforged demon of all things and Lothraxion still has his free will.
    Isn't it? I mean forcefully lightforging seems to brainwash people ie, the Lightbound orc

Well i guess illidan hates chandaliers (honestly if you go to youtube and look for illidan vs chandalier its the 1st video )

Is it spelling it out, when Turalyon never even alludes to the idea he might've been controlled or influenced negatively by Xe'ra? Plus that wouldn't explain why Turalyon had brown eyes in that cinematic before Xe'ra was revived (slow down the video and you can see his eyes turn golden as Xe'ra's form is restored). Was Xe'ra not influencing him before those 20 seconds when she was revived, if your theory were correct?
    If a presence is strengthened, why wouldn't it stand to reason that its influence also could be?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Except, they aren't. They are nothing like computers and you can even see their compassion and ability to reason when one of them travels all the way to the north of Icecrown to ascend one man and help ease his suffering at the hands of the plague. It's not logical or safe to do it but it did out of goodness. I don't like when people make up a head canon like that because Blizz made one Naaru evil to fit the "illidan didn't do nothin wrong!" narrative.
    Blizz is giving us a BIG glimpse of what everyone was saying prio that event, which was: The Light is good the void is evil.

That cutscene changed that whole view, which is huge. That was the freaking point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    How so? We've seen a Lightforged demon of all things and Lothraxion still has his free will.
    Look how she is grabbing Illidan, when he clearly didnt want it. If those golden tattoots would hit hes brain if the transformation worked I bet Illian would be like: Yes, X'era my Love, What can I do for you?

What would that mean?

Maybe Lorth is so nice and helpfull because he was brainwashed.. we don't know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Blizz is giving us a BIG glimpse of what everyone was saying prio that event, which was: The Light is good the void is evil.

That cutscene changed that whole view, which is huge. That was the freaking point.
    Everyone was saying it because that's how it was presented for two decades, until Danuser and the Edgelords took the stage. They even memorialized a lost colleague via the Light, and it'd be ridiculous to assume that memorial was meant to be interpreted as evil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    he's a massive hypocrite and will force people to bend to his will without a second thought but refuses to let the same happen to him.
    Because Illidan is an hypocrite who is perfectly fine with ruining other people's lives under the excuse that "Much must be sacrificed to end the Legion", but when it's his turn he pussies out. Those light tattoos didn't even look that bad.
    Illidan only forced Akama into service, because Akama betrayed him first. And you can't say the Broken were forced into service since they were the ones holding Akama's soul captive, too.

he's a massive hypocrite and will force people to bend to his will without a second thought but refuses to let the same happen to him.
    Well we also put dogs in leashes but would refuse to be put in a leash ourselves

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Well we also put dogs in leashes but would refuse to be put in a leash ourselves
    All the people complaining about Illidan being a hypocrite are citing things Illidan did before he was killed and resurrected. They don't seem to consider that could be a life changing experience.

That's what you call someone who doesn't have the willpower of a wet tissue.

If you're not like that, you're stuck working a minwage job while simultaneously being shit on by anyone or anything with a backbone

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Everyone was saying it because that's how it was presented for two decades, until Danuser and the Edgelords took the stage. They even memorialized a lost colleague via the Light, and it'd be ridiculous to assume that memorial was meant to be interpreted as evil.
    Because that was how we knew it to be for two decades. We literally knew no better. We were provided evidence of this for the first time in Xe'ra. It's worth mentioning that the idea of keeping all forces in balance is literally how the real world functions. It's a fundamental natural law.

I have no idea why the WoW community are so vehemently resistant to every single development of the lore. This is an ongoing story. Things are going to have to change at some point to introduce the possibility for different stories. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I always assumed it was something of the sort that he was being mind controlled or at the very least under her influence. They were trying to show how the light isn't the "GOOD GUYS" as we had always believed, showing the light to have faults as any other cosmic force might, and I assumed this was just another testament to such. I just figured Blizz forgot about it and never followed up with it as they have done with so many other plot points.
    I've never ever heard of it just being a simple reflection though until now. Why would they choose Turalyon in both cases if it was just to show a reflection of the light? Wouldn't they choose somebody else the 2nd time if that were the case?

But who knows honestly you could very well be right.
    I never gave it much though. Again Blizz isnt subtle with their writing, if they intended Turalyon to literally be under a spell or something, they would have mentioned it. There is no indication of this whatsoever. Fiercely loyal to the naaru? Sure. But magically mind-conditioned? We do not know.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    I have no idea why the WoW community are so vehemently resistant to every single development of the lore. This is an ongoing story. Things are going to have to change at some point to introduce the possibility for different stories. Deal with it.
    People aren't happy when those changes destroy rather than build on existing stories they enjoyed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    What Xe'ra tried to do with Illidan is not that different than the Crusaders did in the Middle East in 12th and 13th century; forceful conversion. Illidan killed her in 100% justified self defense. It's actually the only point in all of Warcraft lore, I agreed with Illidan.

Forcing you own beliefs onto others is (and have always been) a kind of abuse; being religion, good vs evil or light vs shadow.

And oh, Xsara is a car LOL
    Agree with this 100%, though a small part of me would loved to have seen a light imbued Illidan. >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

: D haha i like

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Except, they aren't. They are nothing like computers and you can even see their compassion and ability to reason when one of them travels all the way to the north of Icecrown to ascend one man and help ease his suffering at the hands of the plague. It's not logical or safe to do it but it did out of goodness. I don't like when people make up a head canon like that because Blizz made one Naaru evil to fit the "illidan didn't do nothin wrong!" narrative.
    One naaru? Xera and Saara were two different entities. One tried to enslave illidan and got toasted for it. The other convinced calia to rekindle aggressions between horde and alliance. Both were doing not "good" things prior to your twisted narrative of what you assume blizzard was trying to accomplish.