Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Love thy neighbor as thyself.
    Who (apart from someone suicidal) really does that?

Good, then you should be just as eager to address the issues causing the protests in the first place!

Welcome to BLM.
    People are risking their lives for something that happened on the other side of the world. That's just madness.

Also, do the lives of the black officers that got killed during the protests also matter, or are they 'traitors'?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Who (apart from someone suicidal) really does that?
    It's an aspirational statement; so the answer being 'anyone who isn't a total sociopath', I guess?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    your fighting to ignore actual systematic issues and to Pretend that community's are vacuums that aren't influenced at all by outside forces working to distrust and keep them worse off.
    I think acknowledging that there's systemic racism roughly 500 years in the making, aside from being uncomfortable for white people, would mean they'd have to part with the self-mythologizing "bootstrap" nonsense, spouted shamelessly and un-self-consciously from the very people for whom the bar has always been set lowest.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Nope, Being a bigot= bigot, as seen here.
    I'm a bigot because i criticize an outdated religion. If it makes you feel any better, I dislike Christianity just as much. Especially the Catholic Church who repeatedly covered up for pedophile priests for decades.

But Islam is not compatible with western values, no religion is. And saying that makes me a bigot? Fine then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    People are risking their lives for something that happened on the other side of the world. That's just madness.
    Police brutality and racism are issues in Europe, not just in America, and they are also being protested.

Also we're kinda getting into the territory of "I don't agree with the protests", which is all you need to say. You don't need to construct some nonsense argument about how it puts you in the moral right, because it doesn't.

Especially since when protesters wear masks and take precautions they seem to be effective in limiting COVID's spread, so.

Also, do the lives of the black officers that got killed during the protests also matter, or are they 'traitors'?
    Why hyperfocus on them? All officers matter.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

It's an aspirational statement; so the answer being 'anyone who isn't a total sociopath', I guess?
    Then i guess most of mankind is sociopaths?

If you dont love yourself more then someone you barely know, there is something really wrong with you.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm a bigot because i criticize an outdated religion. If it makes you feel any better, I dislike Christianity just as much. Especially the Catholic Church who repeatedly covered up for pedophile priests for decades.

But Islam is not compatible with western values, no religion is. And saying that makes me a bigot? Fine then.
    yes when you try and act like values that millions in the west hold with no problem are incompatible and point to Islam country's as the worse in the world just because of Islam you are in fact a bigot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    I think acknowledging that there's systemic racism roughly 500 years in the making, aside from being uncomfortable for white people, would mean they'd have to part with the self-mythologizing "bootstrap" nonsense, spouted shamelessly and un-self-consciously from the very people for whom the bar has always been set lowest.
    I think if they actually let reality into there warped world view it would crumble so they have to ignore it at all cost.

Police brutality and racism are issues in Europe, not just in America, and they are also being protested.

Also we're kinda getting into the territory of "I don't agree with the protests", which is all you need to say. You don't need to construct some nonsense argument about how it puts you in the moral right, because it doesn't.

Especially since when protesters wear masks and take precautions they seem to be effective in limiting COVID's spread, so.
    Black people and other minorities aren't gunned down on the daily by the cops in Europe. If anything, the police is way too soft. This is what the police has to deal with on a daily basis.

One month before George Floyd's murder, in our capital city. None of these people are native Belgians.

And during the protests.

And also during the protests.

This is what these protests are causing.

I hyperfocus on them because the media doesn't. I haven't heard about their deaths in any MSM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Black people and other minorities aren't gunned down on the daily by the cops in Europe. If anything, the police is way too soft. This is what the police has to deal with on a daily basis.

This is what these protests are causing.
    It really sounds like you're causing the protests over there with attitudes like those, lol.

I hyperfocus on them because the media doesn't. I haven't heard about their deaths in any MSM.
    That's because most of us don't get our worldview from right wing subreddits and unverified Twitter videos.

10+ Year Old Account
    As if Americans have ever marched or protested for something that happened in Europe. I normally wouldn’t mind but, again, there is a deadly virus going around and protesting just isn’t a smart idea.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO_i...nd_Herzegovina

Done more than just marched.

So you’re saying you care just as much about people on the other side of the world, as you do about those close to you. Yeah makes absolute perfect sense.
    Than my personal family members (other than those members across the world, since my extended family is on multiple continents, let alone countries)? No.

But do I care any less for someone in Gambia or Mongolia or Chile or Finland than I do for, say, people in Seattle or Chicago or Paris? No. They're all outside my extended family, but otherwise, they're all people, and I have no reason whatsoever to care any more about one than I do any other. I have empathy for all people, and don't pick and choose along racial, ethnic, or national lines. Because doing so is the definition of racism.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    The black fathers not living with kids is true. The study you linked showed the number of fathers who didn't live with their children is 41%, which is absolutely compatible with more than half of black children not living with their father, because I would guess that fathers who aren't at home have more kids - see George Floyd, 5 kids. Even if the number is 40%, that's still substantially higher than a functioning society should have.
    You're cherry-picking and ignoring the entirety of that link's information, to continue pushing a racist and denigrating myth.

Levelfive already picked out one of those important bits of context you're deliberately ignoring, solely because it debunks the racist myth.

My stance against it is the protests are largely focused on the police, who I think are this year's convenient scapegoat.
    Because, to paraphrase how you've gone about this in this thread, your position is that the police are a scapegoat and people should be more focused on how terrible black people are.

Racism.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    A lot of people are in it for the riots, adrenaline and general anarchy, not to change anything. London and areas around has been mostly riotless thankfully.
    Things have improved a lot in London since 2011, seems the people on the streets this time actually care about protesting and aren't just out to loot/burn.

- - - Updated - - -

As if Americans have ever marched or protested for something that happened in Europe.
    Well, there was that time that over a million Canadians marched onto boats/planes and came to Europe to help us with a bully that was causing trouble, then a few years later some US citizens followed...

Quite the reversal for you.

Then i guess most of mankind is sociopaths?

If you dont love yourself more then someone you barely know, there is something really wrong with you.
    Yep.
    But I would replace the word "barely" with "don't."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    That's the joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post

Yep.
    But I would replace the word "barely" with "don't."
    Because noone knows anyone not even themselfs?

Because noone knows anyone not even themselfs?
    If you dont love yourself more then someone you barely don't know, there is something really wrong with you.
    Is this more clear?

15+ Year Old Account

The people who came up with the terrorist attacks in Paris were born and raised in Molenbeek, Brussels, not in the middle east.

Islam is a violent relgion to non believers, and the religion in its entirety is not compatible with western values.

You cannot compare a Christian country to an Islamic one. In one, women are still oppressed and gays are outright assassinated, and we all know which one it is.
    Sure, you dislike Christianity just as much, sure, yeah, mhm.

Apparently, covering up for pedophiles is compatible with western values.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Still want to know, why the cop killed him. He fuck his wife? They knew eachother so I dont think its about race at all

Still want to know, why the cop killed him. He fuck his wife? They knew eachother so I dont think its about race at all
    This has been repeatedly debunked. They worked the same events, but at different areas and did not work closely. The guy making the claim the bumped heads retracted that already as he confused Floyd for a different employee - https://www.insider.com/george-floyd...lub-job-2020-6

And them knowing each other previously has no bearing on his actions. The mention of his wife is completely outta left field and I don't even know why you'd bring it up other than to try to deflect from the potentially race-based motivation of the murder with some random shit you just made up.

Don't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Sure, you dislike Christianity just as much, sure, yeah, mhm.

Apparently, covering up for pedophiles is compatible with western values.
    It isn’t. No abrahamic religion is compatible with western values.