Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    It was rhetorical -- preparing for our police brutality apologists to show up and start their "he should have complied" nonsense. Because as we all know its completely OK for a cop to shoot someone who doesn't pose a threat in the back.
    Oh we all know they are coming.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Oh we all know they are coming.
    Nah, they've basically retreated entirely from this thread. All they do know is the occasional drive-by shitpost.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't need a Cop City. You need a Rheinwiesenlager.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Mississippi Sheriff states that Rasheem Carter's death is not a result of foul play, despite body being dismembered.

Rasheem Carter, a Black man from Mississippi who went missing late last year after claiming he was being targeted by white men in his community, was found dead with his head severed from his body, according to a recently released independent autopsy.

In light of the results, Carter's family is calling for a federal probe into his death, arguing that the police explanation that there was no foul play does not hold water.

Smith County Sheriff Joel Houston told NBC News that the department stood behind its earlier determination that no foul play was involved in Carter's death as earlier evidence "didn't suggest anything."

"Nothing is being swept under the rug," Houston said Tuesday. "There's nothing to hide."

Houston added that the department is awaiting results of search warrants to rule out foul play.

"One thing is for certain … This was not a natural killing. This was not a natural death. This represents a young man who was killed," attorney Ben Crump said during a press conference Monday, releasing the findings of an autopsy report by the Mississippi State Medical Examiner's Office.

Carter was reported missing two days after his last known sighting in Laurel, Mississippi, last October, days after telling his mother, Tiffany Carter, and the police about being targeted by white men in the community, his mother said at the press conference.

Around a month later on Nov. 2, some of the 25-year-old's remains were found in a wooded area south of Taylorsville.

The Smith County Sheriff's Office said it "had no reason to believe foul play was involved" when they first found Carter's body last year, according to a statement released on Facebook a day after he was found.

The sheriffs initial statement sparked small peaceful protests throughout the community, with members skeptical of no foul play being involved.

According to the autopsy, the medical examiner ruled that the cause and manner of death were undetermined. The report also states that the conditions of the remains at the time of the autopsy made it difficult to determine exact timing of the injuries, and said that signs of animal activity on the remains clouded the picture.
    The only explanation I can possibly see for the Sheriff's office in question stating that there was no foul play suspected in the death is them believing wildlife was responsible for the dismemberment. But even if that were the case, they could have stated, "We're investigating whether or not dismemberment was cause of death, or post-mortem and if it were caused by local wildlife or person(s) unknown." Because nothing screams "horrific murder" like a dismembered body. That Sheriff's Office is really tone deaf at best, intentionally negligent at worst.
    Last edited by RampageBW1; 2023-03-15 at 05:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    Mississippi Sheriff states that Rasheem Carter's death is not a result of foul play, despite body being dismembered.

The only explanation I can possibly see for the Sheriff's office in question stating that there was no foul play suspected in the death is them believing wildlife was responsible for the dismemberment. But even if that were the case, they could have stated, "We're investigating whether or not dismemberment was cause of death, or post-mortem and if it were caused by local wildlife or peron(s) unknown." Because nothing screams "horrific murder" like a dismembered body. That Sheriff's Office is really tone deaf at best, intentionally negligent at worst.
    From one of the linked articles - https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...eath-rcna74936

Along with Carter's scattered remains, authorities found inside his blue jeans some cash, bank cards, a driver’s license, a vape and a phone charger, though they never recovered his phone.
    Wait...scattered remains? As in more than just the missing head? Either way the missing phone seems fairly suspect given that he had a charger with him.

Three members of the family said authorities told them wild animals may have torn his body apart.

“He was in so many different pieces,” said Yokena Anderson, a cousin to Carter’s mother. “They wanted to tell us that he went there and fell dead and the animals were feeding off him.”
    The fuck?

At some point, some local legislature should declare their local "police" a domestic terrorist organization. Because some of them absolutely qualify.

https://www.fox19.com/2023/03/22/afr...ided-his-home/

Seven members of the Adams County Sheriff’s Office who raided Joseph Foreman’s home last year are now suing him claiming, among other things, he invaded their privacy.

Four deputies, two sergeants and a detective are claiming Foreman (a.k.a. “Afroman”) took footage of their faces obtained during the raid and used it in music videos and social media posts without their consent, a misdemeanor violation under Ohio Revised Code.

They’re also suing on civil grounds, saying Foreman’s use of their faces (i.e. personas) in the videos and social media posts resulted in their “emotional distress, embarrassment, ridicule, loss of reputation and humiliation.”

The plaintiffs say they’re entitled to all of Foreman’s profits from his use of their personas. That includes, according to the complaint, proceeds from the songs, music videos and live event tickets as well as the promotion of Foreman’s “Afroman” brand, under which he sells beer, marijuana, t-shirts and other merchandise.
    In case you're wondering about the earlier raid -

Sheriff’s deputies acted on a warrant claiming probable cause existed that drugs and drug paraphernalia would be found on Foreman’s property and that trafficking and kidnapping had taken place there.

“They come up here with AR-15, traumatize my kids, destroyed my property, kick in my door, rip up and destroy my camera system,” he said in August.

The suspicions turned out to be unfounded. The Adams County Prosecutor’s Office said the raid failed to turn up probative criminal evidence, according to attorney Anna Castellini. No charges were ever filed.

In a bizarre turn of events unrelated to the civil suit, the sheriff’s office appeared to come up hundreds of dollars short returning cash seized from Foreman’s property. An independent investigation by Ohio BCI resolved the matter last month, concluding deputies had miscounted the money during the raid itself.
    So yet another pointless, dangerous, failed raid where some cops got to feel like 80's action stars for a few hours.

No drugs or paraphernalia found, they (predictably) had bad info.

Cops also appeared to have stolen several hundred dollars during the raid.

The plaintiffs say they’ve been subjected to ridicule by people who saw Foreman’s posts and that the posts have made it “more dangerous” for them to carry out their duties. They also claim they’ve endured death threats “by anonymous members of the public who have seen some of Defendant’s above-described postings.”
    Fuckin snowflakes.

Meanwhile, people are fairly regularly killed during police raids like what happened to Afroman (don't ask me who he is, I'm just learning) yet there's no actual legal recourse when say, the cops throw a tear gas grenade that lights a house on fire and kills a teenager.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The part where they are upset about being ridiculed is the telling part for me. That leads me to believe that they do not feel any remorse for their actions. The fact that they terrorized a family on false charges is what should be upsetting them.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Afroman (don't ask me who he is, I'm just learning)
    Because I got high....man that was a long time ago apparently

Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    Because I got high....man that was a long time ago apparently
    Oh wait, that Afroman? Oh shit, I'm at least familiar with some of his musical stylings.

rofl, I love the dude clearing the corner behind the sofa.

Also, how much money gets spent on those cool camo cosplay costumes that some of the cops get to wear when rolling up to a raid?

I do just love how cops get to roll up to a house, break down the front door, trash the fuckin place, and leave. Clean shit up? Pay for damages? Apologize? Nah dog, steal money and disconnect the cameras so that cops have full control over all the video evidence of their behaivor.

I know I should have expected it to be a chill as fuck son, but that was an incredibly chill song given the nature of the subject.

The cops are right, the video was made to ridicule them. And it damn right succeeded.

https://www.kansas.com/news/politics...272560679.html
    Wichita settles lawsuit in Andrew Finch killing, the nation’s first fatal swatting
    The Wichita City Council on Tuesday approved a $5 million settlement in a federal lawsuit against Wichita police detective Justin Rapp, who killed 28-year-old Andrew Finch in the nation’s first fatal swatting.

“I’m just glad that, as a community, we can find closure and do our part to bring closure to the family,” Mayor Brandon Whipple said. “This is just an awful situation.”

Rapp shot Finch seconds after he stepped out on his front porch in December 2017. Police had surrounded Finch’s house following a bogus murder-hostage situation reported at that address by California serial hoax-caller Tyler Barriss.

Finch, who was unarmed and unaware of the phony emergency call to law enforcement, stepped onto his porch, which was surrounded by police officers who did not identify themselves as law enforcement and shouted contradictory commands.

Within 10 seconds, Rapp shot Finch in the chest from 40 yards away. He had committed no crime, was not armed and had not threatened officers or anyone else. Rapp would later tell investigators he shot Finch to protect the other officers surrounding the house after he thought Finch reached for a gun in his waistline. He later testified in a federal criminal case that he did not see a gun.

Sedgwick County District Attorney Marc Bennett declined to file criminal charges against Rapp, and the Wichita police public standards bureau never investigated Rapp for any potential violations of department policies, court documents later revealed. In 2022, he was promoted to detective despite concerns about his judgment.

The Finch family has battled the city in court for five years. The vote on the settlement was 6-1, with Council member Jeff Blubaugh voting against the settlement. “It has been difficult to say the very least,” AlmaAnn Jones, a Finch family spokesperson, said after the council meeting. “I’ve watched this family go through disappointment after disappointment after disappointment and finally today we came together as a community. We got this done.”

Citizens pay for a trigger happy murderer's murdering of an innocent man.

Justice was served.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ts-prosecutors

Prosecutors in Georgia have been accused of a “complete politicization of the law” and a “judicial pogrom” in the way they are pursuing charges against activists arrested at a music festival held as part of protests against a police and fire department training facility known as “Cop City”.

Protests against the project have caught worldwide attention after one environmental activist was shot dead by police – the first such incident in US history.

Protesters arrested by police face domestic terrorism charges and have been refused bail in what some legal experts say is an attempt to falsely portray them as dangerous extremists and a hijacking of the legal system in pursuit of the political cause of building Cop City.

Legal observers have been shocked by a bond hearing held late last week for people arrested at the music festival on 5 March during a “week of action” to defend the forest south-east of Atlanta earmarked for the $90m project.

The hearing was the second chance at being released on bail for 10 of the 23 people arrested at the festival in part of the forest that is a public park. They were under suspicion of being involved in burning construction equipment and other acts of vandalism earlier that day at the planned Cop City site – less than a mile (1.5km) away.

Prosecutors are pursuing domestic terrorism charges against them and others – at least 41 defendants to date – under the first use of a 2017 Georgia law. Georgia deployed John Fowler, second in command at the state’s attorney general office, as well as several top county prosecutors, to argue against the 5 March group receiving bond, in what is normally a routine affair handled by lower-level attorneys.

Experts consulted by the Guardian said they were shocked at the lack of evidence proffered by the state to justify keeping the arrestees in jail – and at DeKalb county superior court judge Gregory A Adams’ denial of bond in all but two of the cases, meaning he considered them likely to flee and avoid future court appearances, a threat to the community, or both.

Prosecutors told the judge that an arrestee had the phone number of Atlanta Solidarity Fund, a non-profit organization that helps arrestees with bail and attorneys. “This is evidence that he intended to be arrested,” said a DeKalb county prosecutor.

Missing from the characterization was the fact that volunteers at the music festival – and at many events in the public park side of the forest in the year-plus of protests against Cop City – hand out those phone numbers to everyone, including journalists. Nonetheless, bond was denied.

Regarding another arrestee, a prosecutor said: “I have seen photos of him … standing next to signs for anarchy – that’s not a crime … but it lends itself toward there being some veracity for him standing for that.” Bond denied.

A defense attorney pointed out that most arrestees had the same bits of evidence cut-and-pasted on their arrest warrants, including the idea that his client had a home-made shield.

It is admitted by the state that this is a ‘typo’ – yet my client has been in jail for weeks based on a typo,” attorney Drago Cepar told the judge. Prosecutor’s response: “There were 30, 40, 50 shields out there – I can’t attest that he was carrying one.” Bond denied.

Arrests also mentioned arrestees wearing “camouflaged or dark colored clothing”. At one point, Fowler compared the clothes they wore to a University of Georgia football team uniform, saying it showed they were “part of the same team”.
    Man, Georgia is getting all faschy over on the east coast over this shit.

Most of this shit is patently ridiculous to the extreme. Just gross government and law enforcement overreach and the attempt to criminalize protests and deny people their First Amendment rights, as we've seen elsewhere.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ts-prosecutors

Man, Georgia is getting all faschy over on the east coast over this shit.

Most of this shit is patently ridiculous to the extreme. Just gross government and law enforcement overreach and the attempt to criminalize protests and deny people their First Amendment rights, as we've seen elsewhere.
    They're working overtime to eliminate ~10,000 votes by 2024.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/federal-a...204425744.html
    Federal agents busted into the wrong hotel room during a training exercise and held a Delta pilot handcuffed for nearly an hour
    FBI agents busted into a Boston hotel room and interrogated the wrong man during a training exercise.

The man was a Delta Airlines pilot, not the intended role player, sources told local outlet WBZ News.

The agents handcuffed the confused man and questioned him for nearly an hour before realizing their mistake.

FBI agents busted into the wrong Boston hotel room during a training exercise, where they handcuffed and interrogated a Delta Airlines pilot for nearly an hour before realizing he was the wrong person, according to WBZ News.

Federal agents from the Boston FBI office and the Department of Defense were conducting a mock investigation at The Revere Hotel late Tuesday night, sources told WBZ's Cheryl Fiandaca.

The agents banged on the door of a hotel room at around 10 pm, and when a confused man opened the door, they handcuffed him, put him in the shower, and interrogated him for more than 45 minutes, WBZ reported.

When the agents discovered they had made a mistake, they apologized to the man, who turned out to be a Delta Airlines pilot who was just trying to get some sleep, according to WBZ.

"Based on inaccurate information, they were mistakenly sent to the wrong room and detained an individual, not the intended role player," the FBI said in a statement, shared with WBZ.

"Safety is always a priority of the FBI, and our law enforcement partners, and we take these incidents very seriously," the FBI said in its statement to WBZ. "The Boston Division is reviewing the incident with [the Department of Defense] for further action as deemed appropriate."

Delta Airlines told Insider, "We are looking into reports of an alleged incident in Boston that may involve Delta people. We have nothing further to share at this time other than to reaffirm our commitment to ensuring the safety and well-being of our people."

The Revere Hotel, the Boston FBI Office, and the Department of Defense did not immediately provide Insider with information about what happened.
    This guy is going to get to retire early.

Homeboy is lucky they didn't fuckin kill him.

Boy, some supervisor somewhere is about to get absolutely fucked and they deserve it. Hope the pilot gets a sweet settlement out of it, even if that'll be taxpayer funded.

Homeboy is lucky they didn't fuckin kill him.
    Eh, since it was a training exercise I think the odds of that were pretty low. It's kind of frowned upon to shoot the role player.