Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    Cathays...we've managed to keep most of the houses on our block free of students so can't even blame them
    Cathays was where I first moved to Cardiff (friends were students) so I hear you - it must be nice to have an island of regular residents around you as the constant churn of student neighbours elsewhere in the area makes it less worthwhile to develop a proper neighbourly relationship.

Enjoy the sun today!
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2020-05-31 at 02:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Smile and nod.
    But depends on where I live and if there is a reason to say something.

But if someone say something to me I talk back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Neighbors to my left are my aunt and uncle, so I talk to them pretty often. On my right is a widowed old lady who doesn't leave the house much. I rarely speak to her. Across the street are two guys in their late 30s/early 40s running some kind of business out of the house. We've waved at each other a bunch of times, but they make a ton of construction noise that gets on my nerves sometimes.

I actively avoid my current neighbours on my left, because they seem to be the kind to start "borrowing" things from anyone giving them even an inch. I greet them but that's it, I show with my body language that I ain't interested in socializing.

The neighbours on the backside of the housing area are very friendly, the right kind of friendly. We can talk in passing about things that have happened in the neighbourhood and such.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, we are part of the same community and neighborhood watch.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I talk to everyone, not just my neighbors. Random people on the street.
    It doesn't matter if they are 5 or 105.

Yes and no. There are specific neighbors I talk with about the matters of our housing association, then there are some that share an irritation towards another neighbor. But generally? I greet people if I see them in the hallways, but we are all basically strangers to each other.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

I live in an apartment complex with mostly elderly people and oddly a younger German couple (I live in Denmark for the record). I always try to be on good terms with neighbors, and I'm mostly successful, but one of our downstairs neighbors have adult kids that tend to host parties that repeatedly get out of control and the parents don't seem to do much about it.

Even then we still manage to get along decently well with them. There's also one elderly lady who doesn't even return greetings if I happen to meet her on the staircase, not really sure what her deal is.

The neighbor we get along best with is the one immediately underneath us. She's a sweet old lady with hip issues, so we tend to help her carry groceries and other unwieldy things to her apartment whenever we happen to meet her and she sometimes bakes us fresh buns if she's in the mood.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Occasionally. I don't hang outside my home too much though. I hate lawn care, my backyard is enclosed and we park in our garage.

If I am in front of my house, usually it's walking to or from it- work, store, public transport, etc. So there are a few times I see the neighbors and when I do it's pretty brief. Usually, the neighbors are doing the same as me, going to work or the store, etc.

Mostly just say hello I don't hang out or do stuff with any neighbor except for friends who happens to be neighbors.
    Do you hear the voices too?

I used to live in the country were everyone knew each other and I could have someone knocking at my doors at 07:00am to ask for help to fix a tire.
    I can be chatty, but this is too much for me. Just gtfo of here

Also I have this familly right next to my door, they moved here liek 10 years ago, I never talked to them, they never talked to me.
    But overall, with some other we say Hello, and thats it

In a city, most of the time we like to take care of our own business. Wich I prefer.

I do with my oldest neighbor (old as in he has been my neighbor the longest), he is from Africa and always has crazy stories to tell me from his youth and we just talk for hours sometimes haha!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. The houses in my neighborhood are spaced quite a ways apart. The lady to my left is an older woman who keeps to herself and I'm at the end of the road, so there's nobody to my right.

It's perfect.

Depends on the location. I occasionally have a coffee or an appetizer with my next-door neighbours in this condo. They're very decent people with a very polite kid that doesn't scream (!), and since they're reasonable people they spare me the trouble of attending condominium meetings because I give them mandate to decide on my behalf. Don't really talk much to anyone else in the condo as I hate chit-chat for the sake of it.

In my hometown, everyone knows me but thankfully not many talk to me because I'm a pariah of sorts and there's a great deal of jealousy going on on. Which works well enough for me - the less I have to listen to their nonsense the better. There are a few exceptions of course, mostly childhood friends.

In both of my holiday houses, I made friends with two families I got to trust so much over the years that I gave them a spare set of keys. That way they can enjoy the swimming pool and garden respectively when I'm not there, and in turn they keep the houses "occupied" and the gardens/swimming pool in good maintenance. They're welcome to come over anytime when I'm there too, of course - we often have BBQs together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

Ofc I do, any social person will talk to people they share building with. I know all my neighbours and talk to them every time I see them. Most of them are my neighbors for decades and I have seen many get married, have kids or grow old and die....

I will wave and stuff but not really much beyond that. The girl next door I think is terrified of me. She was outside with her dog and I was grabbing the newspaper. I said "Hi! Thats a cute dog." She replied "Its my sister's dog!" and ran inside. Another time her crazy ex was trying to break her front door down. At the time we had some wind storms and cell reception has been trash for me so I couldn't call the police. I went outside and asked him if everything was okay. He said yeah and left. The police eventually showed up. I didn't know she was home at the time and she has run away anytime she has seen me since.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    On a daily basis since break ins are getting more problematic. Rioters are wanting to come so we are trying to watch and call the police

I've lived in this house for 15 years and I don't know the names of the neighbors on either side of my house. Never talked to them.

It's curious that despite people being more connected now more than ever throughout the world, people are so distant to others within a stone's throw away from them...