Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Yes from AH. Which again you couldn't do for legiondaries.

The amount of work I put towards legiondaries were enough to buy like 6 infinite stars rank 3. Not to mention it would simply drop me like 2000 corrupted items.
    Too bad those 2000 corrupted items could be everything but Infinite Stars.

And yeah, the usual just buy it from AH for millions of gold during progress. Great design. You just did not play enough in Legion. 2 m+ a week, hardcore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dommie530 View Post
    Preciously, you come here and argue something on my post and create your own fabrication of what i dindt even say, so instead of creating an illusion, perhaps you should awnser in the future of what said person said instead of creating your own fairy tales.

Tip;stop replying to people if all your do is ignore what their saying. And you making up a fabricated story, make your own post or something, not that hard Take care.
    I disproved your fabricated story, so that would mean I ignored nothing. You however say things I didn't say, liar. Again, it starts to get embarrassing to see someone trying to save his face as much as you do.

So, 4th time now you are saying you are not gonna reply. Stop then.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post

And yeah, the usual just buy it from AH for millions of gold during progress. Great design. You just did not play enough in Legion. 2 m+ a week, hardcore.

- - - Updated - - -

I disproved your fabricated story, so that would mean I ignored nothing. You however say things I didn't say, liar. Again, it starts to get embarrassing to see someone trying to save his face as much as you do.

So, 4th time now you are saying you are not gonna reply. Stop then.
    Are you 12? How is saying take care that i wont reply? Ah wait its your personal fairy tale where u twist peoples words to your will, your just ignorant and a child. Jezus people can be so fucking dumb

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the devs actually understood how much certain corruptions could do for your spec. My kind of problem with Corruption is the amount of difference it can do to you as a player compared to others. Skill is not that important anymore, and I think that's an issue myself.
    Certainly corruptions introduced a significant amount of randomness into someone's performance when it comes to a single encounter, I won't disagree on that. And yeah, it does seem likely that it is more than what Blizzard initially anticipated.

And I can see where you're coming from saying that skill is not that important anymore. However I don't think it's that skill is unimportant so much as that it isn't always sufficient. The fact is that a skillful is still going to do well, although sometimes a bit of luck going the wrong way will result in other, less skilled players performing better. And personally I am ok with that. I think that having a degree of randomness and luck is important in the game, provided that it isn't all about luck.

A bit of unpredictability keeps things interesting and exciting. It's the difference between the best raider in your team coming out on top of the meters every single encounter without exception, and your best raider doing the best overall when looking across a number of parses, but other people also getting a shot at being #1 for some encounters. It's the difference between the best PvPer winning all the time, or simply winning more often than everyone else.

Obviously not everyone is going to agree with what their personal preference is (and I wouldn't expect it tbh), but I would argue that for the game as a whole, having some degree of RNG is a good thing. Whether corruption went overboard is, I guess, a matter of debate, but personally I feel that it is still fine.

Are you 12? How is saying take care that i wont reply? Ah wait its your personal fairy tale where u twist peoples words to your will, your just ignorant and a child. Jezus people can be so fucking dumb
    Take care dude, cba talking with people that bend the truth to their will
    I just don't understand why you keep replying to me if you cba to talk to people who disproves your claims and then say things about me that I didn't say just to save face. Do you really need the last word?

Anyway, enough derailing from my part. Apologies to the forums.

Corruptions are the best system added to the game

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Certainly corruptions introduced a significant amount of randomness into someone's performance when it comes to a single encounter, I won't disagree on that. And yeah, it does seem likely that it is more than what Blizzard initially anticipated.

And I can see where you're coming from saying that skill is not that important anymore. However I don't think it's that skill is unimportant so much as that it isn't always sufficient. The fact is that a skillful is still going to do well, although sometimes a bit of luck going the wrong way will result in other, less skilled players performing better. And personally I am ok with that. I think that having a degree of randomness and luck is important in the game, provided that it isn't all about luck.

A bit of unpredictability keeps things interesting and exciting. It's the difference between the best raider in your team coming out on top of the meters every single encounter without exception, and your best raider doing the best overall when looking across a number of parses, but other people also getting a shot at being #1 for some encounters. It's the difference between the best PvPer winning all the time, or simply winning more often than everyone else.

Obviously not everyone is going to agree with what their personal preference is (and I wouldn't expect it tbh), but I would argue that for the game as a whole, having some degree of RNG is a good thing. Whether corruption went overboard is, I guess, a matter of debate, but personally I feel that it is still fine.
    Yeah, I see that there are still skill involved, there are definitely difference in being skillful compared to having procs etc impacting your effort by the numbers. I just think it went over the top in 8.3 in how much throughput the different corruption do, and/or can do, which has also been part of the problem imo. If corruption effects/procs ended up at max 20-25% and it was consistent, I think that would have been better. But I am glad Blizzard tried corruption to see how it would be. I think the idea is good, or the idea to actually try it is very good even.

RNG in the game is a must, for sure. I completely agree with that, and without some RNG, it wouldn't be that fun. That's part of the reasons why I dislike vendors in general for getting character power, especially if it goes as far as having same currency for two sets of systems. I think that leaves out the actual part of happiness you get when you finally get what you want, or even the sad reality that hits you when you realize that you won't get it. I get that the last part sounds a bit, let's say unusual, but it is part of the game and it can even help in improving that joy you get when that awesome trinket trinket drop, or whatever that's powerful that you have wanted for long. When it comes to vendor I think it leaves out the rpg in it all, though I admit it kinda make sense that Essences got on the vendor seeing MOTHER and the work we do in the Chamber of Heart actually makes us understand the power of Azeroth, if you know what I mean. Anyway, I just think the RNG shouldn't be as bad as both corruption and legiondaries were, but more with the gear, trinkets and stuff like that. Even though trinkets and tier sets is just as powerful as many legendaries and corruption was, to some degree.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-07-28 at 01:30 PM.

@Doffen I played Legion so much that not only did I gather EVERY. SINGLE. LEGIONDARY for Guardian druid - I started looting the Balance and Restoration and Feral ones as well, since the game could not give me more Guardian legendaries, cause I had them all. Luffa bracers + Elize's pants = wombocombo. I did of course start off with Prydaz and Sephuz's ring, just like every other unlucky person, but hey, at least Prydaz is quite decent for tanking.

Legiondaries were a fine system. You could get them from ANYTHING, whether it be WQ's, M+, raids, LFR, even random over-world treasure chests could have them. Corruption is just...meh. I'm a fucking druid. I protect Azeroth. My character would NEVER willingly wear Old-god-corrupted gear, ever. Just goes against his whole being. After killing avatars of C'thun and Yog'sarron and beating down Y'shaarj-infused Garrosh Hellscream, he would NEVER wear N'zoth's corrupted gear. Not in a million gears.
    Last edited by Dalinos; 2020-07-28 at 01:49 PM.

Corruption is probably one the best additions to the game sooo much fun running different builds havent had this much fun in years. Game is suppose to be fun who cares about balance

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by majinzeni View Post
    I agree, and I think the expansion that dealt with this in the best way was Wrath of the Lich King. Stats like armor, resilience, armor penetration, and spell penetration allowed players who were succeeding in their relative areas to have strengths and weaknesses in a very enjoyable way IMO. PvE players had advantages when it came to raw number output, but disadvantages defensively due to not having as much resilience. Plate classes had extra defensive protection from other melee classes by having high armor, but classes such as warriors, rogues, ferals, and even hunters could use armor penetration to deal with high armor targets. Casters had spell penetration to deal with the base spell resistance a lot of classes had due to gear/talent trees choices.

WotLK did all of this while keeping the MMO integrity of the game. It made sense that being at the cutting edge of raiding gave you the best gear for your specialty (tanking/DPSing/healing) but wasn't optimal for fighting other players. It also made sense that people who spent a lot of time in battlegrounds/arenas could pick up gear that was best for fighting other players but not necessarily best for pure damage output, healing output, or damage mitigation for PvE encounters. Future expansions tried to solve the same problem of PvE and PvP existing together by implementing things like gear scaling in different ways. WoD magically changed the iLvl of your gear when you went into instanced PvP and Legion/BfA apply stat templates to your character in the same content. While they're trying to do the same thing, in my opinion they're ruining the immersion/"RPG-ness" of the game. This is why I think having a dedicated PvP stat (such as resilience) is necessary to let PvE and PvP co-exist in the best possible way.
    This is a very sound and articulate argument and I agree.

Personally I liked the resilience solution the best of all that have followed. I want gear (and the effort taken to acquire it) to count significantly in PvP. And it stands to reason that the best gear for PvP should come from PvP and the best gear for PvE should come from PvE.

Unfortunately not everyone is going agree, and quite frankly they never will. And so the PvP solution keeps changing in this futile attempt to find an impossible solution that will make everyone happy.

The game has been around for so long that there is a good chance that nothing added to it will ever be the worst at anything again.

The original corruption system probably deserves a spot on the top 10 list somewhere, but I dont think anything will ever beat the vanilla Pvp ranking system and I find it hard to argue that the original corruption design is worse than the original azerite armor design (having to reearn your traits through island grinding every patch).

Putting tier armor and OP trinkets into LFR was also pretty terrible. Limiting your Legion Legendary drops through bad luck protection so that you had no chance of gearing your char the way you want to was the same level of horrible. The pandaria loot to item you equip chore was pretty aweful. The garrison facebook games made me quit the game.

So ... yeah corruption was shit. But I dont think that it was execptionally shit. If you have to have a ton of new ideas every 6 month for 20 years or so, you are going to come up with some duds. Corruption was one of them.
    Last edited by owbu; 2020-07-28 at 02:07 PM.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    @Doffen I played Legion so much that not only did I gather EVERY. SINGLE. LEGIONDARY for Guardian druid - I started looting the Balance and Restoration and Feral ones as well, since the game could not give me more Guardian legendaries, cause I had them all. Luffa bracers + Elize's pants = wombocombo. I did of course start off with Prydaz and Sephuz's ring, just like every other unlucky person, but hey, at least Prydaz is quite decent for tanking.

Legiondaries were a fine system. You could get them from ANYTHING, whether it be WQ's, M+, raids, LFR, even random over-world treasure chests could have them. Corruption is just...meh. I'm a fucking druid. I protect Azeroth. My character would NEVER willingly wear Old-god-corrupted gear, ever. Just goes against his whole being. After killing avatars of C'thun and Yog'sarron and beating down Y'shaarj-infused Garrosh Hellscream, he would NEVER wear N'zoth's corrupted gear. Not in a million gears.
    I got prydaz as my second on my first main, mage, the fire belt first which was crap at that time Prydaz was so bad as well then until they added extra stats and socket I believe and changed the effect. Prydaz was actually not so bad after they fixed it for different kind of content.

On hunter I got the healing helm first, but got the belt as second. That belt was just awesome, both play-style and dps-wise for AoE. BiS overall legendary, the boots I got as 7th or 8th I think. Had pretty much average luck overall on my 14 characters, and I must say I do miss those times now. Luffa was great

It was an incentive to do emissaries or other lower content which is great, but I would probably do World Quests anyway, 150g per WQ with the follower bonuses was too good to ignore. And I agree with you, much more interesting with legendary effects than corruption that does the same for all specs. I'm happy to see some legendary effect back in SL together with some old tier bonuses.

People who played in Legion of course know the amount they needed to get their legendaries. This is the worst I see, someone who claims that people forgot or don't know, just to validate their own opinion. It's kinda hard to validate when you got all leggos, if you didn't screenshot it. 1st of march I had all leggos except the gloves which were added in 7.1.5. I can't see when I got those, but that was the last one I needed. Then again I had changed main in November when I dinged my hunter, and already had 3-4 alts that I got several leggos on.
    One character, 57 legos 09.03.2018 on just one character with linear drops and no ALT garanteed drops cheesing, just linear progression in farming.

Players who did the AP grind, legendary grind and just continued because it was fun, are just like my armory link prooves it into the 60-70 weeks of all raid clears (LFR/N/HC/M everywhere) and into solid 2000-7000 mythic dungeon runs over the whole expansion.

That got you maybe to server top 20 in AP grind /legendary drops when you did AP with mostly legendary drop content, so its not even that crazy much.

I think the expansion was fun, it was more similar to WoW in the past but it burned out kinda the same amount of players too, so its allways pro/cons involved in rating any expansions.
    -

Whats your Obsession with Infinte Stars? Afaik Next to no one uses that. ^^
    Last edited by LanToaster; 2020-07-28 at 04:52 PM.

bfa worst expac ever

Underdeveloped? Absolutely, but that's what happens when you mash two expansions of story together and throw what should have been an expansion-defining feature in at the end in one patch.

Worst? Not even close. I'm guessing you weren't around for Resist Gear? That's just entry level.

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    You could oneshot people in wotlk from ulduar patch onward
    gurthalak in cata
    tanaan jungle wpvp was generally a oneshot fest with the scaling from hfc gear

Pretty much every end patch and sometimes sooner tbh
    These examples are just a few overtuned items and typical ilevel bloat power. There was nothing to the extent of corruption. 50%+ of your damage, one shotting people of EQUAL ilevel in PvP. I'd have to go all the way back to vanilla or BC to see something that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Delano View Post
    Worst? Not even close. I'm guessing you weren't around for Resist Gear? That's just entry level.
    Let's see:
    A system that requires you to wear a specific set of armor for a given encounter (which might also be rather optional depending on your dps and boss tuning)
    vs.
    An all encompassing system that, among other things, allowed tanks to function as full dps.

Like, you may hate on resistance gear, that's fine, but at least it didn't affect the entire endgame or led to the bonkers situations which were sparked by Corruption.

I got prydaz as my second on my first main, mage, the fire belt first which was crap at that time Prydaz was so bad as well then until they added extra stats and socket I believe and changed the effect. Prydaz was actually not so bad after they fixed it for different kind of content.

On hunter I got the healing helm first, but got the belt as second. That belt was just awesome, both play-style and dps-wise for AoE. BiS overall legendary, the boots I got as 7th or 8th I think. Had pretty much average luck overall on my 14 characters, and I must say I do miss those times now. Luffa was great

It was an incentive to do emissaries or other lower content which is great, but I would probably do World Quests anyway, 150g per WQ with the follower bonuses was too good to ignore. And I agree with you, much more interesting with legendary effects than corruption that does the same for all specs. I'm happy to see some legendary effect back in SL together with some old tier bonuses.
    BM Hunter was the absolute worst as far as legendaries were concerned, the shoulders that added an extra charge on Dire Frenzy were so ridiculously good that they were a 30% dps increase alone, not to mention the QoL benefit, and eventually they just made the effect baseline after the unlucky ones of us spent 4 months being gimped because we didn't have them drop.

Legendaries were a good system but they should never have been RNG drops, they should have been choosable from the start and then it would have been a great system.

The idea behind it was ok.

How it turned out in practice .. horrible

A collection of unbalanced random crap. Too powerful while not adding a single thing to the gameplay.

The only thing corruptions helped with is making the Legion raids a joke lmao.