Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Alliance Can my wife and I play together if we are different covenant?

I want to play Kyrian and my wife is interested in playing Night Fae, aside from the campaigns for each covenant, how restricted is our game play together going to be? I know we can run dungeons and raids together, but how will this effect world quests and other general free play?

Think of them as class halls in Legion. It should make little to no impact.

You will not be restricted at all, you just have different cosmetics and a different abilities, one class based and another covenant based after you finish leveling together throughout the Shadowlands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Not restrictive at all. The Covenant choice is about as binding when it comes to groups as the Scryer/Aldor choice was in TBC. It essentially effects only you and your character, and the only place your peers in other Convenants wouldn't be able to go is a Covenant Sanctum they're not a part of.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Thank you very much for the quick response, that'll be a relief to us both, we're pretty happy with the looks of our individual selections.

Are the daily covenant quests that replace emissaries any different across the board? That could be a caviat.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is only one limitation, you can't enter covenant hall that is not of your covenant.

Other than that no issue.

You aren't, Aside from entering each others covenant sanctum.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GringoD View Post
    Are the daily covenant quests that replace emissaries any different across the board? That could be a caviat.
    No it is the same across all 4 covenants, the only difference is a slight variance in the quest text itself as the "emmisary" quests are actual daily quests that you pick up from npcs in your sanctum. For example a "emmisary" quest text if you are venthyr might be something like " The kyrians of Bastion are not very good at punishing sinners, better we go and make sure the sinners atone for their sins " where a kyrian quest text for Bastion might be something like " The Forsworn continue spreading their seeds of doubt, please go and make them see the error of their ways ", None of the examples I gave are actual quest texts, but just an attempt to illustrate how there is a slight variance depending on which zone the quest is in and which covenant you have chosen.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2020-09-01 at 09:33 PM.

It'll all be fun and games until Covenant pride seeps in, and someone becomes a dirty Kyrian.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, Very very obviously, I've hardly read anything about covenants and know this is a pretty silly question. It's a just a group, It's not the faction, Derp.

Quote Originally Posted by Broombot View Post
    Thank you very much for the quick response, that'll be a relief to us both, we're pretty happy with the looks of our individual selections.
    I'm so jealous..i wish I could pick the one I like the look of. Godspeed sir !

Field Marshal Phyrexia-KulTiras's Avatar
    3+ Year Old Account
    Husband/wife.. If Preach's drama time has teached us anything, it is that this is a red flag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phyrexia-KulTiras View Post
    Husband/wife.. If Preach's drama time has teached us anything, it is that this is a red flag.
    Let's hope Preach hasn't taught anyone anything. That guy is a cancer to the whole industry. Hell, if I was forced to watch him talk about something or Bobby Kotick - I'd choose the latter.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I'm so jealous..i wish I could pick the one I like the look of. Godspeed sir !
    I mean, you CAN. You're making the choice not to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Let's hope Preach hasn't taught anyone anything. That guy is a cancer to the whole industry. Hell, if I was forced to watch him talk about something or Bobby Kotick - I'd choose the latter.
    Him and Asmongold. Guh.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Well, I disagree. I think he is a great content creator that really wants WoW to be a great game. He raised many good points and give lots of valuable feedback for a lot of previous, current and next systems that Blizzard wants.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    The false illusion of choice. If you care about performance, you will not likely (some people will for sure) pick a covenant only for the look.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nope...you must convert her! She must be Venthyr as all others must be, it is the true path!!!!

Just kidding yeah, it won't matter. Maybe some specific quest content here and there for various Covenants, and maybe some covenant only WQ but it won't make you guys enemies...atleast not yet anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Broombot View Post
    I want to play Kyrian and my wife is interested in playing Night Fae, aside from the campaigns for each covenant, how restricted is our game play together going to be? I know we can run dungeons and raids together, but how will this effect world quests and other general free play?
    Thank you for asking this question so I didn't have to lol

Quote Originally Posted by glszino View Post
    The false illusion of choice. If you care about performance, you will not likely (some people will for sure) pick a covenant only for the look.
    No, that's still a choice. Illusion free and everything.

The choice being (some small boost to) performance vs. aesthetics.

Unless you’re wanting to level together. Then yes, the content is separate for a long while.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    That's like saying you have the choice to not use corruption. Sure you "do" but to access a certain part of this game you'd be laughed outa the room.