Thread: Genshin Impact

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    I also just want to add something because I see so much bad advice on youtube. They say not to bother leveling crappy artifacts but anyone who's been playing this game knows what the chances of a good artifact is. You'll be waiting forever on +0 artifacts if you wait. Get a decent artifact with your good main stat and level it to +20, all of them and use that as a base. After you do that, THEN don't bother leveling any other artifacts unless it has good stats.
    I'd say stay at +12 or a maximum of +16 in case of artifacts that really aren't that good and you know you'll replace them, and probably sooner than later. This goes especially for subs/supports. There seems to be a much higher chance of rolling bonus XP when using upgraded artifacts, and if you roll it on a 12/16 level artifact, you'll still get a free level 20 for no extra cost. Meanwhile a bad +20 artifact will be a massive resources sink for little benefit, and a further potential loss if you get the bonus XP when burning it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Yes /10char
    Would you then agree with the assessment that it's still best to build Beidou for Electro DMG, even as a main DPS? Assuming one has her at C4?
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    Would you then agree with the assessment that it's still best to build Beidou for Electro DMG, even as a main DPS? Assuming one has her at C4?
    It seems it's recommended to gear Beidou towards Electro damage even if you don't have C4; her ES and EB are such huge parts of her damage, especially with C2 in multi-target scenarios. (Her EB's chain lightning can bounce back and forth between two enemies.) Admittedly I did play her physical for quite a while, but that's partly since I started gearing before doing any research, and had no good Electro gear/goblets. And then when I finally got C4, I wanted to play with 4 TF since it sounded more fun, even if it's not the most mathematically optimal.

If you were to build her physical, you'd play the exact same as her Electro main carry playstyle anyway: you're still going to try to time perfect counters when you can, you're still going to use her EB when ready, yet building physical apparently yields worse results in general. The only time that physical may have any benefit is when enemies don't attack you, but that actually can be said about a number of bosses who alternate between attacking phases and helpless phases.

Here's a pretty in-depth guide about Beidou that I've seen, if you're interested in any/everything regarding her builds, weapons, artifacts, etc. I don't follow it to the letter myself, but it's probably largely accurate.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...DSv2qARQo/edit

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    I'd say stay at +12 or a maximum of +16 in case of artifacts that really aren't that good and you know you'll replace them, and probably sooner than later. This goes especially for subs/supports. There seems to be a much higher chance of rolling bonus XP when using upgraded artifacts, and if you roll it on a 12/16 level artifact, you'll still get a free level 20 for no extra cost. Meanwhile a bad +20 artifact will be a massive resources sink for little benefit, and a further potential loss if you get the bonus XP when burning it.
    I disagree. Nothing is actually a sink because it gets converted anyways. When I was gearing my keqing I didn't follow this advice but followed the youtube advice where I didn't level anything until I got good artifacts. I had to use 60 fragile resin to get a *kinda good* full set. That much resin with just normal resin would've taken an insane amount of time and I would've easily had +20 artifacts across with plentyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to spare.

Or, one can just be lucky...

I miss getting a new 4* with the new 5* characters. I have every 4* minus razor presently. Makes banners less worth it when the entire time you're trying to hit pity, the other characters are ones you don't play or already have at c6.

Wonder how they will keep whales interested. Would a whale even be interested if their only dropping money to c6 a new 5*?
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I miss getting a new 4* with the new 5* characters. I have every 4* minus razor presently. Makes banners less worth it when the entire time you're trying to hit pity, the other characters are ones you don't play or already have at c6.

Wonder how they will keep whales interested. Would a whale even be interested if their only dropping money to c6 a new 5*?
    Well next banner is...(if its true): Hu-tao, Noelle, Xingqiu and Chongyun. I find it weird they would put Noelle there so soon tho.

Ok I need some clarifications on how reactions work again lol. If I use chonyun's E and then use hu tao's burst, hu tao would trigger melt. But what about chonyun's passive from his E where when it ends he drops another sword and inflicts cryo damage? Will it be a reverse melt proc? Keep in mind I'd be spamming charged attacks with hu tao so pyro would be constantly applied.

Other question is, I've been seeing suggestions on using xingqiu as support dps for hu tao because it would constantly trigger vaporize, but wouldn't it be xingqiu the one that would be constantly triggering it? If it's true that hu tao's charged attacks are super fast in E, that is. In that case I don't really see the value of having xingqiu as her support? Especially since his e cd doesn't really line up with her e at all.

Right now I have 2 comps in mind

hu tao - diona - chongyun - zhong li

hu tao - diona - childe - zhong li

I do feel like the 2nd one is a lot stronger. I could use rotation of hu tao e into childe burst vape into zongli shield into diona e and then back to hu tao with melt. Well start off with zhong li shield and dioan's e, but you know what I mean. However, this would require a lot more artifact grinding. Without skyward harp, it will be quite difficult to reach good crit rate / damage stats unless i go with bp bow or something, which I don't think is better than an r5 rust.
    Last edited by blackpink; 2021-02-22 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post

For me personally, if my pity is lower than 50-60ish I only roll on banners if it has good 4 stars (since my 5 star chances are so low anyway). I have them all, but if I'm interested in using a character usually I want at least some of their constellations, and some benefit quite a lot from maxing them. Once my pity is up to 60 or so, I start thinking more seriously about only rolling if I want the 5 star.

For whales they're going to roll regardless so it doesn't really matter as much. That's a crazy amount of money though, so I'd never do that.

Ok I need some clarifications on how reactions work again lol. If I use chonyun's E and then use hu tao's burst, hu tao would trigger melt. But what about chonyun's passive from his E where when it ends he drops another sword and inflicts cryo damage? Will it be a reverse melt proc? Keep in mind I'd be spamming charged attacks with hu tao so pyro would be constantly applied.
    Yes. It won't apply Cryo because Cryo on Pyro is usually good for 2 reactions, which means Pyro remains on the enemy after Chongyun's 2nd E hit.
    If you have Ganyu, I'd use her as Cryo support tbh.

Other question is, I've been seeing suggestions on using xingqiu as support dps for hu tao because it would constantly trigger vaporize, but wouldn't it be xingqiu the one that would be constantly triggering it? If it's true that hu tao's charged attacks are super fast in E, that is. In that case I don't really see the value of having xingqiu as her support? Especially since his e cd doesn't really line up with her e at all.
    From what I can tell, both units will proc Vaporize.
    Xingqiu blasts 2-3-5 blades towards the enemy (@C6) They usually vape/proc a reaction and apply wet afterwards.
    They don't proc on Charged attacks btw. At least not on Ganyu's. But From what I could tell, you will be autoattacking *and* doing charged attacks with Hu Tao, just like Keqing.

Right now I have 2 comps in mind

hu tao - diona - chongyun - zhong li

hu tao - diona - childe - zhong li
    Do you need a healer with Zhongli?

If you use Xinqiu instead of Childe, you will get some amount of healing and a lot of damage reduction alongside Zhongli, and Hu Tao can heal herself. I wonder if Xinqiu's waterblades heal under shield-dmg?
    I'd probably go with vape instead of melt unless you really have a good Cryo support that can constantly reapply Cryo for just about every other attack. And Diona can't do that without also healing everyone.
    E has a long cooldown, it's good for 1 reaction only since Pyro on Cryo will melt the cryo debuff away completely.

Unless you have Ganyu of course, just pop her ult and throw in an E and you have melt reactions for days.
    But it's the same deal here, since Hu Tao applies Pyro all the time, the Melt reactions while her ultimate is active will most likely happen in favor of Ganyu and not Hu Tao. So just like Diona, only E can reliably be used. Vape with Xinqiu is probably better because it actually reliably applies the water debuff ( I will have to test that out ingame though)
    I just don't think that otherwise the gameplay will be fun. I mean, you really want that Hu Tao ultimate to get a reaction, right? Switching out Hu Tao during her E will end her E, won't it?
    That means you have to use Diona E, then be far enough away from the enemy (thankfully, both Ganyu E and Diona E have a backwards step), switch and press Hu Tao E, move towards the enemy, Press Q.
    That's just so tedious.
    It's like the Mona/Bennett/Sucrose combination. Who the fuck does that ingame outside of making videos?

If I get her (I only got 100 pulls and the pity is going to be random), I'll probably go:

Ganyu - Hu Tao - Xinqiu - Venti Soon™

I hope that at some point I get a small-time healer of some kind to trade out one of the 3 other characters.
    But Hu Tao and Ganyu work great together because I can always time Xinqiu's ult with Hu Tao and after Hu Tao burst, I can just switch to Ganyu's charged attack which need no support at all.

I could also switch in Fischl, because believe it or not, her reaction damage support is absolutely insane, especially when the active character is proccing it.
    Adding like 7-10k on every reaction is just too good to miss.
    Alongside a decent dmg% modifier off-field and added bonus damage to every autoattack.
    She's basically a Electro-Xinqiu version in my opinion.
    It's not even funny how much damage she deals as an active character alongside water-book-boy.... probably outdamages my Ganyu tbh.

Oh and:

Xinqiu + Ganyu will freeze enemies, Frozen enemies are Cryo debuffed and thus can proc melt.
    That's a bonus too I believe since that will apply cryo more often and delete the pyro debuff completely from the target. I think Xinqiu is a must for Hu Tao tbh.

I disagree. Nothing is actually a sink because it gets converted anyways. When I was gearing my keqing I didn't follow this advice but followed the youtube advice where I didn't level anything until I got good artifacts. I had to use 60 fragile resin to get a *kinda good* full set. That much resin with just normal resin would've taken an insane amount of time and I would've easily had +20 artifacts across with plentyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to spare.

Or, one can just be lucky...
    Yeah I agree, one should really go and keep upgrading pretty much everything as long as they have 2 out of 3 good substats or 1 out of 4 substats (talking about +0 items) and if it's a set they want to use.
    Most of my +20 items started with 2 trash substats. But every +4 level upgrade went into crit/critdmg, which turns a mediocre item to a very good one. Not godlike, but still better than what most people walk around with, judging by their progress and trouble in Abyss.

Even an absolute trash item can roll 30%+ Critdmg. Get the first one to 20 either way and if you see +12 *and* +16 not hitting on the next one, just use it as fodder for the third one. Just get the main stat rolling first, then one substat, then 2 substats etc. etc.
    You aren't wasting anything.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-02-23 at 05:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Yes. It won't apply Cryo because Cryo on Pyro is usually good for 2 reactions, which means Pyro remains on the enemy after Chongyun's 2nd E hit.
    If you have Ganyu, I'd use her as Cryo support tbh.
    Don't have her.

Do you need a healer with Zhongli?

If you use Xinqiu instead of Childe, you will get some amount of healing and a lot of damage reduction alongside Zhongli, and Hu Tao can heal herself.
    I'd probably go with vape instead of melt unless you really have a good Cryo support that can constantly reapply Cryo for just about every other attack. And Diona can't do that without also healing everyone.
    E has a long cooldown, it's good for 1 reaction only since Pyro on Cryo will melt the cryo debuff away completely.

Unless you have Ganyu of course, just pop her ult and throw in an E and you have melt reactions for days.
    But it's the same deal here. Vape with Xinqiu is probably better because it actually reliably applies the water debuff ( I will have to test that out ingame though)
    The cd on Diona's E won't be an issue. It will be up with every cycle (I tested this). I also have sac bow on her anyways. The only thing that's making me meh about using xing is the awkward cds with his swords (q and e) and hu tao's e, not to mention, wth am I supposed to do in hu tao's downtime (I don't really intend to change my xing build just to fit hu tao so he'd be super weak on the field)?

I'd have to actually play around with it in-game but I feel like getting 1 melt from hu tao and vapes from childe (initial burst and from hu tao's blossom) would be higher dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm realizing with my alt account how absolutely dogshit the wishing in this game is. With the dailies, I'm getting enough gems to wish once every three days. I still have plenty of questing and exploring to do, but it really made me realize just how shitty it is. Yes, there are plenty of events that tend to give extra gems, but dailies should really reward much more than that. Given the sheer randomness of the wishing itself, getting a ten pull (to guarantee a four-star) every month? that's absurdly bad. Even on a low-level account, it doesn't feel like it's rewarding to do them.

Don't have her.

The cd on Diona's E won't be an issue. It will be up with every cycle (I tested this). I also have sac bow on her anyways. The only thing that's making me meh about using xing is the awkward cds with his swords (q and e) and hu tao's e, not to mention, wth am I supposed to do in hu tao's downtime (I don't really intend to change my xing build just to fit hu tao so he'd be super weak on the field)?

I'd have to actually play around with it in-game but I feel like getting 1 melt from hu tao and vapes from childe (initial burst and from hu tao's blossom) would be higher dps.
    Yeah, I think I know where you are comming from.
    Xinqiu's E is not a problem if you have Sacrificial Sword R5, you could use it just like Diona's ability in that case
    But his Ult has 20s CD. (although it lasts 18s too if you have some C-levels.)

In my opinion however, not using vapor/melt for the remaining 7-9s (if possible) is kinda wasting 50% of her potential.
    So we somehow need a character to go alongside that DPS phase that can trigger at least some amounts of reactions.

I think we'll likely use like 5 + 10 autoattacks or something during her burst window, even if you only get to vapor 50% of these attacks, it's basically another Burst ability worth of damage in that time frame.

But that's easier said than done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rip primogems:

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Rip primogems:
    snip
    Uff... great "content".
    He didn't even check his spelling when he made that shitty thumbnail in a hurry to grab some youtube moneyz

Such clickbaits, wow, very nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rip primogems:
    [video=youtube;fcE7IWLW_uQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcE7IWLW_uQ[/eo]
    "New whatever iS a TrAp"

Yeah yeah yeah. Everything is a trap. W/e

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I'm realizing with my alt account how absolutely dogshit the wishing in this game is. With the dailies, I'm getting enough gems to wish once every three days. I still have plenty of questing and exploring to do, but it really made me realize just how shitty it is. Yes, there are plenty of events that tend to give extra gems, but dailies should really reward much more than that. Given the sheer randomness of the wishing itself, getting a ten pull (to guarantee a four-star) every month? that's absurdly bad. Even on a low-level account, it doesn't feel like it's rewarding to do them.
    Welcome to gacha.

Now pay up!

10+ Year Old Account
    Uff... great "content".
    He didn't even check his spelling when he made that shitty thumbnail in a hurry to grab some youtube moneyz
    True, but he lost more that he will make from youtube adds for sure

That 5 gravestones tho...

I liked Mattjestic early on but he is just awful for awhile now.

True, but he lost more that he will make from youtube adds for sure

That 5 gravestones tho...
    heh, maybe that video alone won't. His channel alone yields more than enough
    https://socialblade.com/youtube/chan...jERULvw7L-K3CA

You can expect him to get around 1/3 of that every month.
    So he can do this like 10 times a month.
    Wouldn't be suprised if his "viewers" basically gave him the money directly.

He gets 200k views every day.
    Roughly 0,3 (absolute minimum)-1€ for 1000 clicks = 60-200€ a day

The most recent value I have and know and found is an average of 1,42€ for 1000 clicks in a one year timeframe for 2019-2020
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-02-23 at 01:24 PM.