Thread: Genshin Impact

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    This brings up something I'm noticing a lot. It seems the more a character is hyped up, the weaker they are. Meanwhile, the five stars that are barely hyped up are powerful. For example, Albedo. Star of Dragon spine and the event surrounding him. Not that great. Ganyu. No hype train, yet wrecks. Gonna certainly keep an eye on it.
    I don't recall Albedo being hyped at all. He certainly isn't an anime waifu, and I don't even recall hearing about him far before the actual patch.

True he doesn't break the game like Ganyu, but he really shouldn't as a support, and he's easily one of the best supports in the game. His ability does a ton of damage, on top of a ton of defensive power for something you barely need to give much mind to. The only problem with him is any difficult content where one would actually need his ability the game is suddenly bugged to break his flower. And Mihoyo still refuses to fix it since his release.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Question for you wonderful players. Is Genshin Impact good as a story game? Is the story good? Will I have to do a bunch of grinding to progress through the story?

Not really a fan of live service games, but Genshin Impact does seem interesting, so I'm wondering if I can get a good story experience out of the game? I might hop into the endgame if the game really clicks for me, but that's not the primary reason I'd be playing.
    To add on to what the others have said. The story is anime good. High production budget backing it and plenty of time to flesh out the personality of characters, which most animes can't really say they have.

Also the game is not grindy at all. The grind really only comes in if you want to max out your character's combat readiness. The only place you would really need that for is optional content. For everything else, the game is stupid easy. It has to be because they are catering to many mobile users who can't deal with complex mechanics all that well on their phone. I've tried, and it sucks.

In short, the game is locked on easy mode, but if you whale you can unlock the coveted 'very easy' mode.
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2021-06-30 at 02:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Where the heck do you have to grind for the story though?
    There might be a timegate but certainly nothing is behind a grind when it comes to that aspect of the game
    I suppose you might be right

What is even the AR you need to get to the current part of the story.... 36?
    AR36 takes months of "spend your daily 160 resin doing bullshit". 15min a day of bottom tier stuff adds up. I suppose the benefit is at those lower levels at least you NEED to spend your resin to get character leveling mats. 15 hours might not seem like much of a grind, but you can't just power through it in a few days. You have to religiously log in every day and re-initiate braindead mode, then turn brain dead mode off before you even get going.
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2021-06-30 at 06:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the info everyone, decided to download it on my PS5.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Ok when it comes to story, not all is avaible as its time limited. (story is not bad btw)

But if you start now you already missed on some limited time event storylines (they may come back next year, but its un-known):
    I don't think Honkai has ever reran events, so generally if you miss a bit of event story or whatever you have to look it up somewhere on the internet. Rewards are sometimes available again later though.

10+ Year Old Account
    well I rolled for Rosaria since I missed out on her last time and got spooked by Diluc like 25 pulls in. Back to saving primos I guess

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the info everyone, decided to download it on my PS5.
    I may also recomend you re-roll your accaunt a few times till you get a character you want (takes araund 20 min). You get free wishes and with those you can get a good starting 5 star (Keqing, Jean, Diluc, Mona .. maybe Qiqi). Not sure if you can do that on playstation tho, but its very fast to do on pc.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Albedo gets some revenge on the Hateful Oceanid by having his ability actually be usable against her for once. Plus you can stand on the flower to avoid her water beam attack while also putting yourself perfectly in her melee hitbox. Gets you something you will never see anywhere else during that boss fight, a few continuous seconds of actual melee damage, you might actually be able to do a full 5 swing combo!
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2021-06-30 at 06:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Albedo gets some revenge on the Hateful Oceanid by having his ability actually be usable against her for once. Plus you can stand on the flower to avoid her water beam attack while also putting yourself perfectly in her melee hitbox. Gets you something you will never see anywhere else during that boss fight, a few continuous seconds of actual melee damage, you might actually be able to do a full 5 swing combo!
    For todays challange Eula + Noelle works great. You get the 3 mobs to fight (dont chose the last hp ones -- its a trap).
    I throw in diona aoe (before mobs got summoned), started fight, put on Noelles shield and switch to eula and her burst. -- boom -- Mobs lose 60% of all their hp (due to shield buff) Fischl was there just to trow in a bird..

Speaking of Fischl i'm still undecided on what stat to use on Sands, elemental mastery or atk? She uses stringless on alt account and R3 BP Bow on main
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    AR36 takes months of "spend your daily 160 resin doing bullshit". 15min a day of bottom tier stuff adds up. I suppose the benefit is at those lower levels at least you NEED to spend your resin to get character leveling mats. 15 hours might not seem like much of a grind, but you can't just power through it in a few days. You have to religiously log in every day and re-initiate braindead mode, then turn brain dead mode off before you even get going.
    That's not entirely true, you can get over AR30 playing through the main story, side quests and exploration in Mondstadt and Liyue. With Dragonspine and more main quests included, you may just be able to hit AR36, if you've been spending your resin and doing dailies on the way there. The grind only kicks in after that. It's in Mihoyo's interest to enable new players to progress continuously through the main story, this is what gets them hooked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

I suppose you might be right

You have some warped understanding of the game, i wonder if you play it yourself. With all the content in the game currently AR36 is 2 weeks tops, not "months of bullshit". Could probably get 36 in a week, if you are really into exploration or just enjoy using maps to find everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    I don't think Albedo was hyped at all. Dragonspine was, and that's about it. Pretty sure only Childe's banner brought less money than Albedo's. But then, Albedo isn't weak at all, he's strong, but he doesn't provide much use for damage per screenshots. I'd say Hu Tao was the most hyped banner except of Zhongli and she's only behind Ganyu in terms of DPS.

Not sure if you mean players hype or Mihoyo pumping hype up, but I think it stands in both cases and shows there is no rule here.
    For Albedo, I see him as being hyped up by being The main guy for a huge event that gave an exclusive sword and everything as well as introducing us more to dragonspine. Sure, there wasn't a lot of PR around him prior, but he had a huge role as the introduction for a new area and being touted in game as being amazing by the other characters. I didn't see a ton of Hu Tao hype on Mihoyos part other then the normal character introduction they have been doing since the start.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

I got Kazuha on my alt account and got him to 80 (my max lvl) and like him so far. Cant tell a difference with his 20% decrease in sprint stamina consumption but when your stamina runs out in 3.80 seconds instead of 4 seconds I guess its a better talent than the 15% ores on weapon crafts skill.

And of course on my main account I had only 13 pulls after my Eula so I do a 10 pull to get my last Rosaria and get him and her :/. Why can't that shit happen when you want the character?

I started ~ 2 months ago. I only spent the 6 euros for this 90 primogems a day once. I have 6 characters on lv 80 with lv 80 weapons and lv 6-7 skills and i'm AR 46. I think i used 4-5 of this resin items and i still have 46 of them.
    You level your AR very fast if you just run around in the world and do quests/chests/puzzles, at times the AR was going up too fast for me as my characters were lagging behind.

So no, i don't think you are right there. My problem is more that i don't have any good damage characters and it's quite hard to get 5 stars when playing like i do. Yunfei is my main (only) damage dealer, shes ok but there are a lot of timed stuff i can't do and i do have problems with the stone dragon boss (simply can't kill it) or the water boss.
    But i mean, i only play since 2 months so i guess over time i'll get better chars.
    There is a lot of grinding but it is mostly leveling up new characters and thats not really necessary but more of a "i want to play that one, too" thing for me. In a way i'm happy about the resin thing because i don't know how many hours i would play without it. Now i log in, do my stuff, am finished at some point and log off to do something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    I got Kazuha on my alt account and got him to 80 (my max lvl) and like him so far. Cant tell a difference with his 20% decrease in sprint stamina consumption but when your stamina runs out in 3.80 seconds instead of 4 seconds I guess its a better talent than the 15% ores on weapon crafts skill.

And of course on my main account I had only 13 pulls after my Eula so I do a 10 pull to get my last Rosaria and get him and her :/. Why can't that shit happen when you want the character?
    I went into 100% saving mode here tho. Next week will only be mora, xp books and artifact farming and nothing else. No upgrades to characters either (only maybe changing artifacts if they end up being better, but even that is pretty low).

All primogems collected in next 20 days will go into a next banner. Enogh for 18 rolls. (i didnt count the events)

Only rolling i will do is normal banner wish as shop resets tommorow.

I'm on a mission to fully crown Hu Tao (talents are 8-9-10 so far) and Eula, then i want to cap Mona and Yanfei but Emo mushrooms and Noctilocous jade are annoying to farm
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Question for you wonderful players. Is Genshin Impact good as a story game? Is the story good? Will I have to do a bunch of grinding to progress through the story?

Not really a fan of live service games, but Genshin Impact does seem interesting, so I'm wondering if I can get a good story experience out of the game? I might hop into the endgame if the game really clicks for me, but that's not the primary reason I'd be playing.
    I really enjoy the story, characters, and exploration and I've always been a sucker for elemental based characters/combat (Legend of Dragoon, Legaia, etc.). The grinding is both bad, and somewhat good at the same time IMO. The time investment when in maintenance mode is less than 20 minutes a day, and genuinely fun when you're hunting or improving a character IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    I'm on a mission to fully crown Hu Tao (talents are 8-9-10 so far) and Eula, then i want to cap Mona and Yanfei but Emo mushrooms and Noctilocous jade are annoying to farm
    My Eula and Hu-Tao are both double crowned. I could finish up Eula and Hu Tao, but I find that I haven't been using Hu-Tao as much since I got Eula, and Eula's E is already 8, and it's definitely not a major source of damage/investment ratio so I'm hesitant.

How about that:

Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    That's not entirely true, you can get over AR30 playing through the main story, side quests and exploration in Mondstadt and Liyue.
    I forgot side quests exist, because they're boring as fuck in this game, right up there with "go chop down trees to get mats for your teapot" so I did like 5 and then said never again. I have exclamation points all over both cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Tang0 View Post
    You have some warped understanding of the game, i wonder if you play it yourself. With all the content in the game currently AR36 is 2 weeks tops, not "months of bullshit". Could probably get 36 in a week, if you are really into exploration or just enjoy using maps to find everything.
    I only do big juicy content, not busy work. If it ain't main story, event, or praying to RNGsus for items to make my character more powerful (meaning spending resin) I don't do it. Dating sim quests? Fuck off. Side quests? Fuck off. Teapot? Fuck off. Dailies? Double extra fuck off. You get the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    You level your AR very fast if you just run around in the world and do quests/chests/puzzles
    Who would do those? all of that stuff is so boring compared to the enjoyable parts of the game. That's like playing no mans sky. Maybe if the non-main content was like witcher 3 beast hunting, I'd indulge it more, but it's not. It's right up there with wow's "Go collect 10 bear asses." I'm done doing that type of stuff in a game unless absolutely necessary.

In a way i'm happy about the resin thing because i don't know how many hours i would play without it. Now i log in, do my stuff, am finished at some point and log off to do something else.
    Why would you want to do something else if you're having fun? I wish the game was like skyrim or whatever other massive time sinks in actual video games that aren't designed to abuse you into spending more money do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tang0 View Post
    You have some warped understanding of the game, i wonder if you play it yourself.
    If you think that's warped, you clearly weren't around for his rant on how character reruns were bad because it meant he couldn't be special anymore and have characters new players weren't ever going to be able to obtain.