Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Where's Silgryn??? He should marry poor Liadrin.

such a great character

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Silgryn is stationed at the Nightwell campus currently, new Nightborne characters can see him during their opening quest. Insofar as I know he has no real activity in BfA itself.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

3+ Year Old Account
    It would be nice if they put other Nightborne characters at the center stage of the story besides Thalyssra!

Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    It would be nice if they put other Nightborne characters at the center stage of the story besides Thalyssra!
    Oculeth was fairly prominent from what I recall, up until 8.2 at least.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Oculeth was fairly prominent from what I recall, up until 8.2 at least.
    He seems to have made the Horde teleportation network more efficient and set up portals between strategic locations on Zandalar and Kul Tiras. And after thinking about it, with such an enormous cast of characters to write for, it wouldn't particularly make much sense to add more into the fold of the main plot. Suramar was and is one of the defining moments of my entire WoW history, such a well done zone and story. If they had to choose one Nightborne besides Thalyssra (the flagship character for her race), I'm glad it was Oculeth.

Off topic a little bit but I wish they would design a phased Suramar starting zone and make the city a fully developed capital, as well as giving the Nightborne the customization options they deserve!

I didn't even play BFA though so in terms of current lore I'm speaking from an outsider's perspective and therefore, from out of my butt.

He seems to have made the Horde teleportation network more efficient and set up portals between strategic locations on Zandalar and Kul Tiras. And after thinking about it, with such an enormous cast of characters to write for, it wouldn't particularly make much sense to add more into the fold of the main plot. Suramar was and is one of the defining moments of my entire WoW history, such a well done zone and story. If they had to choose one Nightborne besides Thalyssra (the flagship character for her race), I'm glad it was Oculeth.

Off topic a little bit but I wish they would design a phased Suramar starting zone and make the city a fully developed capital, as well as giving the Nightborne the customization options they deserve!

I didn't even play BFA though so in terms of current lore I'm speaking from an outsider's perspective and therefore, from out of my butt.
    Off the top of my head, I believe he was a reoccurring role in the war campaign, he helped recruit the Mag'har orcs, and he has a few quests in Nazjatar along with saving the PC from falling to their death basically off a waterfall.

Granted, he wasn't a Nathanos of course, but he certainly wasn't forgotten at least. Glad they didn't, because he's probably one of my favorite characters to come from Legion.

Man, I loved Surumar... Then laughed my head off that my contribution for 2 whole patches was to help a group actively betray me.

Also, I love their reason for betraying and choosing a side... someone who was from their city saying "Are you sure you wont betray us like you did before?"

Always gets me. "How dare she insinuate we will betray her, I know, lets betray her and prove her right..."

As for where Silgryn, he can join the rest of the Nightbourne on the end of my Night Elf demon hunter's glaive.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Man, I loved Surumar... Then laughed my head off that my contribution for 2 whole patches was to help a group actively betray me.

Also, I love their reason for betraying and choosing a side... someone who was from their city saying "Are you sure you wont betray us like you did before?"

Always gets me. "How dare she insinuate we will betray her, I know, lets betray her and prove her right..."

As for where Silgryn, he can join the rest of the Nightbourne on the end of my Night Elf demon hunter's glaive.
    the Nightborne had no hand in actually massacring the Night Elves nor the burning of Teldrassil
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Ugh, why would anyone wish such a horrible fate on poor Silgryn?^^

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    the Nightborne had no hand in actually massacring the Night Elves nor the burning of Teldrassil
    They only helped the war effort straight after and never once condemned it...

By joining the Horde, and swearing fealty to their warchief, they signed up to accept blame for the actions of the Horde.

Basically, Thalyssra hopes that Suramar would bring peace to the world in quest text in Legion, and then promptly pledged herself and her people to the faction of literal genocidal warmongers.

Before their city or customising options I’d rather they given a proper model to match the npcs instead of the night elf one. Probably never gonna happen but one can always hope
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

3+ Year Old Account
    They only helped the war effort straight after and never once condemned it...
    I'd say them joining against Sylvanas is the condemnation
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

I'd say them joining against Sylvanas is the condemnation
    You mean several months after the act, never publically against it, and only when she's clearly turning on the horde?

You mean several months after the act, never publically against it, and only when she's clearly turning on the horde?
    Don't you know the official Horde propaganda is that she acted completely alone? Not one single Hordie lifted a finger to follow her lead, no sir, they all courageously stood against her and protested by holding vigils in fields of flowers.

Entire books, cinematics, and in-game events that prove otherwise? All lies by Alliance players and the writers on their payroll (yes, there are Horde posters here who have actually claimed that).
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Liadrin is married to the sunwell

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    By joining the Horde, and swearing fealty to their warchief, they signed up to accept blame for the actions of the Horde.

Basically, Thalyssra hopes that Suramar would bring peace to the world in quest text in Legion, and then promptly pledged herself and her people to the faction of literal genocidal warmongers.
    In a war sold as a continuation of Gen's attack and the subsequent attacks by the alliance at miners in silithus plus the seemingly backing of an attempted coup of the warchief by the alliance in Stromgarde border with Hillsbrad.

Or are we to ignore all of these?

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    In a war sold as a continuation of Gen's attack and the subsequent attacks by the alliance at miners in silithus plus the seemingly backing of an attempted coup of the warchief by the alliance in Stromgarde border with Hillsbrad.

Or are we to ignore all of these?
    "I will see to it that the Nighborne end their isolation as defenders of Azeroth, not conqueors."

Are we going to ignore that Sylvanas was making pacts with death gods (in Legion itself), was working to mine what amounts to nuclear-grade magic material for power (See Gallywix's discussion with Sylvanas) and Stromgarde was Sylvanas killing her own people who dissented to her totalitarian rule (i.e. Elisande).

Oh, and they were part of a massive genocide of people they probably knew personally---as ancient night elves would have connections to Suramar.

Conquerors. Good job, Thalyssra. Sold out your people for love and handed them to someone worse than Elisande.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    "I will see to it that the Nighborne end their isolation as defenders of Azeroth, not conqueors."

Are we going to ignore that Sylvanas was making pacts with death gods (in Legion itself), was working to mine what amounts to nuclear-grade magic material for power (See Gallywix's discussion with Sylvanas) and Stromgarde was Sylvanas killing her own people who dissented to her totalitarian rule (i.e. Elisande).

Oh, and they were part of a massive genocide of people they probably knew personally---as ancient night elves would have connections to Suramar.

Conquerors. Good job, Thalyssra. Sold out your people for love and handed them to someone worse than Elisande.
    You can't condemn Thalyssra for not having the ability to look into the future.

When the Nightborne joined the Horde, it was on the heels of the defeat of the Legion, Azerite had only just begun to be discovered in Silithus.

Sylvanas' mission in Stormheim was a secret one, only one other person canonicly knows of it (Assuming that Nathanos didn't know), and it can be assured that the player character didn't blab (Allied Races doing these questlines are non-canon).

The Stromgarde slaughter is a bit more dicey, it's not said for certain how much the Horde knows of what Sylvanas did there. If they did know, then I doubt that the Nightborne approve, if they don't know, then that's not on them regardless.

As for the Burning of Teldrassil, it was mentioned above that the Nightborne didn't participate in the campaign, and even if they did, the original plan was just to kill Malfurion, that was what everyone was going for. The burning of the Tree was a last minute change, and done before anyone else could stop it. The only two leaders present at the order was Saurfang and Sylvanas (Nathanos isn't a leader).

One thing to remember, is that the Horde's Blood Oath is swearing fealty until death. There's never been an instance of a Race just walking out on the Horde. They either rebel, or get kicked out, or both. The Nightborne might have misgivings at a certain point (likely after the burning), but it's not like they can just go back to neutrality, or go to the Alliance, whom likely wouldn't want anything to do with the Horde at that moment.

And yes, I'm aware that there was an instance of the Sin'dorei being in talks to join the Alliance, there was intent, but the intent wasn't followed through, so we'll never really know the consequences of that, if it were to happen.

Oathbreakers are generally hunted down. And the Nightborne didn't want to reward the Sin'dorei and the rest of the Horde with treachery in thanks for not only helping them with Elisandre, but also inviting them into the Horde proper. For better or for worse, they stuck with the Horde.

And they're better for it.

Awesome Sig/Avatar by the lovely Rivellana

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frinata View Post
    You can't condemn Thalyssra for not having the ability to look into the future.

When the Nightborne joined the Horde, it was on the heels of the defeat of the Legion, Azerite had only just begun to be discovered in Silithus.

Sylvanas' mission in Stormheim was a secret one, only one other person canonicly knows of it (Assuming that Nathanos didn't know), and it can be assured that the player character didn't blab (Allied Races doing these questlines are non-canon).

The Stromgarde slaughter is a bit more dicey, it's not said for certain how much the Horde knows of what Sylvanas did there. If they did know, then I doubt that the Nightborne approve, if they don't know, then that's not on them regardless.

As for the Burning of Teldrassil, it was mentioned above that the Nightborne didn't participate in the campaign, and even if they did, the original plan was just to kill Malfurion, that was what everyone was going for. The burning of the Tree was a last minute change, and done before anyone else could stop it. The only two leaders present at the order was Saurfang and Sylvanas (Nathanos isn't a leader).

One thing to remember, is that the Horde's Blood Oath is swearing fealty until death. There's never been an instance of a Race just walking out on the Horde. They either rebel, or get kicked out, or both. The Nightborne might have misgivings at a certain point (likely after the burning), but it's not like they can just go back to neutrality, or go to the Alliance, whom likely wouldn't want anything to do with the Horde at that moment.

And yes, I'm aware that there was an instance of the Sin'dorei being in talks to join the Alliance, there was intent, but the intent wasn't followed through, so we'll never really know the consequences of that, if it were to happen.

Oathbreakers are generally hunted down. And the Nightborne didn't want to reward the Sin'dorei and the rest of the Horde with treachery in thanks for not only helping them with Elisandre, but also inviting them into the Horde proper. For better or for worse, they stuck with the Horde.

And they're better for it.
    plus, the excuse blizzard gave is "better to stick together cause if we scatter or try to rebel they will kill us all" (despite being a dumb and terrible excuse, since we kinda had this same plot before), at that point the nightborne were already seizing all the horde help and support they could get to rebuild their fucked up nation and to make wine, that you can't just throw out of window for the enemy(yes, enemy, since the hero was acting neutral all Legion.

People also have a terrible notion that elves are the paragons of good and justice, when they are way more pragmatic and egocentric than other races, people are being delusional thinking they(NB or BE) would care much about teldrassil to a point to leave a faction that provide for then, Just like NE in the Wc3 only gave some shit about th problems of the world when it came to their door.