Ok so... if the next expansion is about dragons, what role exactly will they be playing since they lost their powers, and ability to reproduce after Cata to empower the Dragon Soul for the final raid.
    I guess Blizz forgot about that though since they keep popping up and still have powers....

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    Now that we're near the end of the leak season what do you guys think:

1. Dragonflight is a mainland expansion with Dragon Isles being the central continent;
    2. Dragonflight is a revamp expansion like Cataclysm, and Dragon Isles is just a zone like Twilight Highlands;
    3. Dragonflight is something new, maybe a mix of the two options above;
    4. Dragonflight is not the next expansion!

Personally, I'm hoping for option 2... for obvious reasons.

It's either 1. or 3.
    And knowing how lazy Blizzard is it's going to be 1. I still don't see the benefit of revamping the old world besides some people in this thread (me included) really wanting it. A revamp is pointless if it is only for levelling from 1-50 (people stay merely hours in this level range) and I absolutely don't see them revamping the whole levelling process and making old world content (even if it is newly created for the revamp) being relevant at max level. Historically only max level content counts and this will probably completely be on the Dragon Isles.
    That said, this is of course my personal opinion but as someone waiting for a revamp I wouldn't set my hopes too high. Perhaps they change some buildings and/or mobs to those with higher resolution but that's all I can see happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Das Momo View Post
    Which zones do you think are getting revamped?
    Personally I would make sure they are zones that can set up story

Lordaeron for the scarlet crusade

Quelthalas for a story about the void flight or maybe infinite

Dragonblight for galakrond

Then twilight highlands for chromatus getting revived

Dragon isles with two zones at launch
    1 for the finale of leveling and the new hub city
    1 for endgame stuff

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zergin8r View Post
    Ok so... if the next expansion is about dragons, what role exactly will they be playing since they lost their powers, and ability to reproduce after Cata to empower the Dragon Soul for the final raid.
    I guess Blizz forgot about that though since they keep popping up and still have powers....
    I imagine they can make a story about the next generation of dragons getting empowered by Azeroth

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergin8r View Post
    Honestly? The most like scenario is that the story will focus on us undoing the end of Cataclysm so that the Dragon Aspects can guard us from whatever extra cosmic BS the Jailer was afraid of.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Dragons View Post
    Personally I would make sure they are zones that can set up story

Lordaeron for the scarlet crusade

Quelthalas for a story about the void flight or maybe infinite

Dragonblight for galakrond

Then twilight highlands for chromatus getting revived

Dragon isles with two zones at launch
    1 for the finale of leveling and the new hub city
    1 for endgame stuff

- - - Updated - - -

I imagine they can make a story about the next generation of dragons getting empowered by Azeroth
    To protect Azeroth ONCE MORE!!!!
    This is gonna be such a cringe story, but who knew!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Honestly? The most like scenario is that the story will focus on us undoing the end of Cataclysm so that the Dragon Aspects can guard us from whatever extra cosmic BS the Jailer was afraid of.
    At this point I am more surprised that the dragons havent done anything yet, seeing how we have the Pillars. But yeah even if they cant reproduce no more atm, there are still dragon eggs left over for the time being
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Tbh I think the dragons are the link to some Life realm due to the fact that some Oracle in ZM talked several languages:
    -demonic
    -void language (can't remember the name)
    -draconic (which can be interpreted as life language?)

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    Now that we're near the end of the leak season what do you guys think:

1. Dragonflight is a mainland expansion with Dragon Isles being the central continent;
    2. Dragonflight is a revamp expansion like Cataclysm, and Dragon Isles is just a zone like Twilight Highlands;
    3. Dragonflight is something new, maybe a mix of the two options above;
    4. Dragonflight is not the next expansion!

Personally, I'm hoping for option 2... for obvious reasons.

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/nUTrB47.png[IMG]
    Had a long think about this, and I guess it comes down to what the Dragon Isles look like.
    If it's just another island then I would definitely want a focus on a world revamp instead. We have enough normal islands at this point. We might as well just reuse older areas instead.

If the Dragon isles are floating and generally more high-concept, then I would definitely prefer just the Dragon isles with maybe a couple of revamped zones instead so Blizzard could focus on making the zones good instead of just having lots of them, which is the mistake Cataclysm did.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post

This is definitely for the red dragon zone.

Or maybe its to replace the lynx model in Quel'thalas lamo
    It's going to be the Halfling race's racial mount.

Could that launch November, or too soon?
    WotLK Classic for sure will launch around its 14-year-anniversary mid November.

By the way, halflings in WoW? This sounds so bad.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    WotLK Classic for sure will launch around its 14-year-anniversary mid November.

By the way, halflings in WoW? This sounds so bad.
    I can totally see that. Launch Wrath Classic this year so they can again talk about how strong the game is doing despite being a non-expansion year.

As for Halflings....my only problem is that we already have dwarves, gnomes, and goblins. How many variations of midget do we need in a setting?

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    How exactly am i doing that? By disagreeing?

Are you so used to people agreeing with you that you treat anything else as people being hostile and toxic?

Have you never had to argue your case?
    Eh, you are calling them sheep. What argument can be made when your initial position is "People who like this playstyle are incapable of critical thinking" You do it in multiple spots; the people who prefer solo play are decorated with any number of devaluing descriptors by you, without argument as to why. So yeah, you are not someone worth arguing with because you do not form statements but rather attack people's preferences.

Idk… since legion the zones all feel the same to me…Like they all give off the same vibe. They havent been exciting and fresh to me at all. Thats why i lean towards a world revamp, but honestly i dont see it happen (as leveling zones at least).

So yeah i hope Blizzard really has been experimenting more with zones design and how we progress through them.

Should have only been 2 dungeons. Cut 2 of the weaker bosses in Dragon Soul. 5 boss Well of Eternity Raid.
    I mean with LFR just released they really could have gotten away with no dungeons and a much larger raid. Instead of three more dungeons to queue for, 2-3 more wings of LFR to queue for.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    As for Halflings....my only problem is that we already have dwarves, gnomes, and goblins. How many variations of midget do we need in a setting?
    They really serve no purpose. WoW has so many cool races that came and went and are completely unused, which is a shame, because they’re great: Arakkoa, Saberon, Botani, Taunka, Sethrak - just to name a few. We don’t need new races at all, especially not when it’s just a midget human.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    At this point I am more surprised that the dragons havent done anything yet, seeing how we have the Pillars. But yeah even if they cant reproduce no more atm, there are still dragon eggs left over for the time being
    The Pillars were a MacGuffin. I hardly think they thought out the full implications.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yusefstrasza View Post
    Idk… since legion the zones all feel the same to me…Like they all give off the same vibe. They havent been exciting and fresh to me at all. Thats why i lean towards a world revamp, but honestly i dont see it happen (as leveling zones at least).

So yeah i hope Blizzard really has been experimenting more with zones design and how we progress through them.
    Honestly I really liked the zones in Kul Tiras, but I can understand where you are coming from. For me it was a happy accident as I like the gloomy gothic aesthetic. If Pandaria had one of those I would sub just to hang out there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    They really serve no purpose. WoW has so many cool races that came and went and are completely unused, which is a shame, because they’re great: Arakkoa, Saberon, Botani, Taunka, Sethrak - just to name a few. We don’t need new races at all, especially not when it’s just a midget human.
    Your mention of Taunka reminded me of allied races and how Tauren got Highmountain Tauren instead of Taunka or Yaungol. The wirst offenders were the Lightforged. How the flying fuck we did not get Broken yet is beyond me.

5+ Year Old Account
    hey can anyone id this map in boralus? not matching with my current maps half tucked behind the zandalar map with all the dragon isles talk it would be kinda funny if they had left its map sitting in boralus
    Last edited by delphiskye; 2022-04-07 at 11:02 AM.
    do not annoy the dragon for you are small crunchy and good with sauce

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by delphiskye View Post
    hey can anyone id this map in boralus? not matching with my current maps half tucked behind the zandalar map with all the dragon isles talk it would be kinda funny if they had left its map sitting in boralus
    Looks like a slightly distorted version of Draenor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadowlands and Sylvanas was death, Dragonflight and Alexstrasza is life