Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Some people here claimed that FF14 is #1 popular MMO now and even attempt to cover FF14 release by Blizzard with PTR or timewalking is pathetic and doomed to failure.

Of course PTR is not like patch launch, but where is this FF hype? Why 24 hours after release it has ~20k viewers on twitch like WoW on most dead periods? Of course twitch isn't precise measurement, but two similar games should have similar outcomes.

Or most people play on release, not early access for some reason (cause I really don't understand difference when we all buy digital versions)? That's why I'll wait with final judgement until next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    "Incredible games — and the talented developers who build them — are who we want to celebrate." he literally said wow is not incredible enough to be celebrated here lmao.
    No, that's you attaching two unconnected statements together. He only said ActiBlizz isn't personally attending.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    Am I? Or am I, as a seasoned player, able to spot when the game is in its worst state yet?

I think the game can make a comeback, and until it does I have every right to criticise it.

Perhaps it is players like you who should do players like me a favour and move on. If you keep making Blizzard think the state of things is OK, they're more likely to keep making awful things. They go by the data these days, as you know.
    Yes, you are.:-)
    Why should I move on, when I am content with the game? This is the speculation thread and not the "Make WoW great again" thread. Go and leave your constant bitching there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Wow, they are really hurting the wrong one here. It's not the games fault that the studio had assholes in it ... that's just an example of wrong cancel culture.
    As someone else already pointed out: the game awards crowd is not the WoW crowd. Any kind of announcement there would have been received badly. Only a fraction of viewers is interested in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Some people here claimed that FF14 is #1 popular MMO now and even attempt to cover FF14 release by Blizzard with PTR or timewalking is pathetic and doomed to failure.

Of course PTR is not like patch launch, but where is this FF hype? Why 24 hours after release it has ~20k viewers on twitch like WoW on most dead periods? Of course twitch isn't precise measurement, but two similar games should have similar outcomes.

Or most people play on release, not early access for some reason (cause I really don't understand difference when we all buy digital versions)? That's why I'll wait with final judgement until next week.
    The statement that FFxiv is the most popular mmo has no factual basis. I mean, all those claims originate from mmo-population, which uses reddit subscriber number for their statistics. That site just multiply reddit population by random number and i don't think the ranking made like this has any proper reliability.

https://imgur.com/a/B0YCtVv

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    "Squarevanas Boxrunner, The Geometry Queen"
    ROFLed at that, although not quite MAO.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Damn, they went hard on Sylvi during interrogations:

Ah fuck, they Hellraiser’d her.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking at the new zone progression system, I’m hoping this experiment is something they can use to create a game-wide version that can be expanded on in the future for out world content. Having a permanent base system that they can add new zones and expansions to when they’re added would be really good and far less bloated.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    Ah fuck, they Hellraiser’d her.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking at the new zone progression system, I’m hoping this experiment is something they can use to create a game-wide version that can be expanded on in the future for out world content. Having a permanent base system that they can add new zones and expansions to when they’re added would be really good and far less bloated.
    Feels like an attempt at making a less zone-centric version of the covenant sanctum upgrades.

I imagine a good future version might be something like what the covenant system offers in terms of special world quests and treasures, but more in the form of the cypher system.

Legion was quite nice in giving all players open world buffs and companions, and I would have loved to see more of those going forwards.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Feels like an attempt at making a less zone-centric version of the covenant sanctum upgrades.

I imagine a good future version might be something like what the covenant system offers in terms of special world quests and treasures, but more in the form of the cypher system.

Legion was quite nice in giving all players open world buffs and companions, and I would have loved to see more of those going forwards.
    A progression system with no player power or something that looks like "Cypher of the first ones" but power isn't involved. If that isn't anything to go by, well the covanent haters are probably cheering their butts off.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2021-12-04 at 02:20 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I’d also make such a progression system also still have its effect active in legacy raids and dungeons .
    Last edited by GR8GODZILLAGOD; 2021-12-04 at 04:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

I'm only telling you to move on because you told me first (at least I think it was you? didn't go back to check). You get what you give, so don't tell others to leave unless you're comfortable being told so yourself.

I repeat: I've been here since the beginning. If anyone is qualified to say what Warcraft is all about, I am one of those people. I have the right to tell the developers when they've messed up. In many cases, I've probably played and designed (fan concepts, obviously) the game for a lot longer than the current developers have. I've posted ideas on MMO-Champ in the past that date back ten years at this point.

Some of them got really viral, like my Mounts 2.0 concept which was posted on the front-page.

So again, I know what's best for WoW and I have every right to voice my concerns.

Players who just play WoW and don't give a toss about the world, the lore, the setting, or anything like that, have the right to do so. It's fine to just enjoy WoW's gameplay loop. Some people just need things to click to pass the time, or like feeling competitive, or grouping up with friends, or whatever. If you're one of those players, current WoW might feel all right for you.

But overall the franchise isn't doing well, and Shadowlands is mediocre. We deserve so much more for our money, our passion and commitment.

That kind of discussion is relevant to this thread, because this thread concerns the future direction of the game.
    Thx for the good laugh.^^
    Yea sure, you know what's best for the game. Blizzard will be very thankful to employ such a nice humble fella.
    Oh man, comedy gold.

And stop talking as if you are something like a representative for the community, you are not and you know sh*t.

7+ Year Old Account
    .I repeat: I've been here since the beginning. If anyone is qualified to say what Warcraft is all about, I am one of those people. I have the right to tell the developers when they've messed up. In many cases, I've probably played and designed (fan concepts, obviously) the game for a lot longer than the current developers have. I've posted ideas on MMO-Champ in the past that date back ten years at this point.
    Holy crap dude, power tripping much? You are not special here, unfortunately, and your voice does not carry any extra weight.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Ah yes. The typical forum experience.

Person 1: Dude you're wrong, leave the game! Here are my awful reasons why the game is amazing despite having no subscribers left.

Me: No, I'm not wrong, and here is why.

Person 2: Lol powertripping much?
    Whatever you are taking...TAKE LESS!

10+ Year Old Account
    Arrogance is very easy to fall into. Its why I still admit I was wrong on Classic or a vanilla esque servers would never happen(Oh oopsy). SL did not go as I had planned to but thats easy mispredict IMO.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes. The typical forum experience.

Person 1: Dude you're wrong, leave the game! Here are my awful reasons why the game is amazing despite having no subscribers left.

Me: No, I'm not wrong, and here is why.

Person 2: Lol powertripping much?
    The issue is, your "here is why" was simply you placing yourself above other posters and even WoW devs, just because you happened to post ideas and concepts for a very long time. Which just reeks of arrogance and is a textbook example of "armchair dev". Again, you are not special, and no one will bow down to your "amazing" ideas.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

7+ Year Old Account
    Like I said, I've been here since the beginning. I'm a published game developer with a university degree in games design, and have been awarded for my design work. Obviously it sounds very arrogant to list your own merits like that, I realise this. But sometimes you get pushed in this direction by forum posters with no actual clue of what they're talking about. I'm not going to sit here and let some 17-year-old child tell me I have no clue what makes a good WoW expansion, because I most certainly do.
    Man, I love internet. Everyone can claim w/e they want. Even if you are a game dev, you still act like an arrogant kid that came down to this earth to grace us with his excellent game dev knowledge and gets mad when someone puts his amazing gifts into question.

Oh, and STILL no one will give what you say any extra value.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Like I said, I've been here since the beginning. I'm a published game developer with a university degree in games design, and have been awarded for my design work. Obviously it sounds very arrogant to list your own merits like that, I realise this. But sometimes you get pushed in this direction by forum posters with no actual clue of what they're talking about. I'm not going to sit here and let someone tell me I have no clue what makes a good WoW expansion, because I most certainly do..
    Sorry, I'm Pope and I outrank you. Shadowlands are fine and certainly not fake.

Btw, last user here who claimed he's game developer (that I noticed) later wanted to get pirate version of Diablo II Resurrected cause "there are no differences". xD
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2021-12-04 at 06:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh great "I'm a game developer."

Warrior-Magi

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UndedoKoleda View Post
    Pope? Really? Name 10 boys that you've molested.
    I can't, that would be off topic.

Just did a world quest in Zereth Mortis where you need to throw some goop on Mawsworn so they get eaten by a giant worm. It was voiced by Taelia Fordragon who I don't think we've seen appear in 9.2 yet? Wonder if she'll be doing more in the story or if she's just there for world quests.

(Upon entering WQ area) Taelia Fordragon: Beneath these sands are ravenous worms. See if you can bait them out and turn them against the Mawsworn! (listen)
    (Upon completion) Taelia Fordragon: With the Mawsworn so well-fortified, sometimes you need to get a little creative. (listen)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Just did a world quest in Zereth Mortis where you need to throw some goop on Mawsworn so they get eaten by a giant worm. It was voiced by Taelia Fordragon who I don't think we've seen appear yet? Wonder if she'll be doing more in the story or if she's just there for world quests.
    She was in Oribos next to Bolvar in first season, but that's it.