Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    Have we ever had 1.30 second cinematic? I just don't understand how they are going
    - destroy the kingsmourne
    - complete the fate of Arthas
    - show Anduin's suffering
    - show Anduin's fight against Jaina and friends

and all this must be done in 1 minute 30 seconds
    I think you are underestimating how long one and a half minute really is, and for that matter overestimating how much they are going to attempt showing in the cinematic. Most likely the cinematic will begin with Anduin falling over, then something with Uther and Arthas, then done.

Destroying Kingsmourne would take 10 seconds at most, and that is if it even needs to be destroyed at all, or for that matter if the cinematic begins with the sword destroyed.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Exactly that. What makes them "raid worthy"? I guess each and every threat can be made raid worthy, so that's not telling much. Could we go to Thros? Sure. But I just find them very lacking overall. Sethrak in BfA definitely could have gotten a raid, the same can be said about basically every (minor) threat we faced in the last years.

- - - Updated - - -

That I don't disagree with.
    Using that argument what made the Highmaul Ogres raid worthy? The Mogu on the Isle of Thunder? The Sha of Fear?

They were one of the primary levelling threats in both BfA and SL. In fact they were the primary threat of one of the four covenants in SL and their main campaign. They are clearly more powerful than your more standard run of the mill villains with a lot more intrigue and mystery tied to them.

Sethrak probably could have made a raid, yes. But their story was pretty much resolved with the Temple of Sethrallis dungeon and Vol'dun questline.

Conversely, across two expansions, two zones, and two dungeons the Drust/Thros storyline is still left very much open ended.

They would make a perfect reoccurring villain in a grounded, world revamp style expansion, complete with a dungeon and small raid for a first raid tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Yeah same goes for the Devourers - that said both their origin place and Thros could be easy mid patches for MoP/BfA style expansions.
    It's so weird to me how the Devourers never got explained at all. You would have thought that weird mythic creatures who feed on anima for no good reason who inexplicably appear during an anima drought would have some sort of narrative purpose. Even more so with the whole predetermined universe angle this patch is going for.

I mean, a quick explanation that they ensure noone finds Zereth Mortis by keeping people away from the in-between, and simultaneously keep a barrier up by feeding it anima would have been fine.

So, uh.. some news on 10.0 potential announcement tomorrow or on Friday mayb? Announcement of an announcement.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    So, uh.. some news on 10.0 potential announcement tomorrow or on Friday mayb? Announcement of an announcement.
    While I feel like an announcement of an announcement could happen at any time, I don’t think an actual announcement/reveal will happen until at-least the week of March 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It's so weird to me how the Devourers never got explained at all. You would have thought that weird mythic creatures who feed on anima for no good reason who inexplicably appear during an anima drought would have some sort of narrative purpose. Even more so with the whole predetermined universe angle this patch is going for.

I mean, a quick explanation that they ensure noone finds Zereth Mortis by keeping people away from the in-between, and simultaneously keep a barrier up by feeding it anima would have been fine.
    There's a quest involving them in I think Ardenweald where it explains they're from outside the known universe (from the Inbetween) and they act like sharks. When the Anima drought hit, it drew their attention like blood in the water and they started tearing into the Shadowlands to begin wiping it out entirely. This part's just speculation, but when the anima was plentiful, it's entirely possible a good amount of it was actually overflowing into the Inbetween, so the devourers were satiated and didn't need it. Alternatively, they were focused on something else. Like maggots only eating dead flesh.

No.

/10 chars
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't expect any announcement of anything until after March 8th.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    There's a quest involving them in I think Ardenweald where it explains they're from outside the known universe (from the Inbetween) and they act like sharks. When the Anima drought hit, it drew their attention like blood in the water and they started tearing into the Shadowlands to begin wiping it out entirely. This part's just speculation, but when the anima was plentiful, it's entirely possible a good amount of it was actually overflowing into the Inbetween, so the devourers were satiated and didn't need it. Alternatively, they were focused on something else. Like maggots only eating dead flesh.
    That's the thing though, we don't know why they exist, or what purpose they are supposed to serve.
    SL has loads of hints at predeterminism, but for some weird reason the Devourers are not important to this at all, leaving us with the weird idea that they exist to be annoying, rather than for a specific purpose.

Let's afterall not forget that everything in the Shadowlands is either a mortal soul, or created by the Shadowlands for a purpose. For the afterlives we have animals made to simulate real life, but what then about the Devourers? They are not part of any afterlife, which likely means they are an inherent feature of the Shadowlands, and following that logic specifically created by the first ones.

So in short, in the absence of any actual evidence we are left to assume that the first ones created Devourers to annoy us when we were needed to save the Shadowlands.

I haven't paid much attention to questing in Zereth Mortis (and haven't been able to play yet), but is there anything about the whole weird disintegrating thing going on with the devourers there? Or is it unexplained?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    Also gotta keep in mind the drought was manufactured. All that anima was being hoarded in Revendreth. If they are like sharks, they were probably drawn to the Shadowlands because of the massive hoard of the stuff all focused in one place and easy to notice if your whole deal is sniffing out anima between dimensions.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Shadowlands systems and design approach but set on Azeroth.
    I'll pass. Too many systems and too much grind. Unless, of course, they decide to make it all account-wide, then I could be convinced to try it out.

7+ Year Old Account
    That's the thing though, we don't know why they exist, or what purpose they are supposed to serve.
    SL has loads of hints at predeterminism, but for some weird reason the Devourers are not important to this at all, leaving us with the weird idea that they exist to be annoying, rather than for a specific purpose.

Let's afterall not forget that everything in the Shadowlands is either a mortal soul, or created by the Shadowlands for a purpose. For the afterlives we have animals made to simulate real life, but what then about the Devourers? They are not part of any afterlife, which likely means they are an inherent feature of the Shadowlands, and following that logic specifically created by the first ones.

So in short, in the absence of any actual evidence we are left to assume that the first ones created Devourers to annoy us when we were needed to save the Shadowlands.
    While the First Ones did build the foundation of the universe, it doesn't necessarily mean that they handcrafted every single thing in existence.

The Devours could very well just be creatures that formed naturally in the in-between for one reason or another.
    They could've even formed after the First Ones disappeared for all we know.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    Have we ever had 1.30 second cinematic? I just don't understand how they are going
    - destroy the kingsmourne
    - complete the fate of Arthas
    - show Anduin's suffering
    - show Anduin's fight against Jaina and friends

and all this must be done in 1 minute 30 seconds
    Vlogger flash cuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    While the First Ones did build the foundation of the universe, it doesn't necessarily mean that they handcrafted every single thing in existence.

The Devours could very well just be creatures that formed naturally in the in-between for one reason or another.
    They could've even formed after the First Ones disappeared for all we know.
    That explanation would be interesting if it was something we learned about them.
    I don't need a specific reason, I just need A reason for why they exist.

Any 10.0 announcement is still atleast a month away. Jailer and thus his defeat cutscene will only become available on week 3 of the patch.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    I haven't paid much attention to questing in Zereth Mortis (and haven't been able to play yet), but is there anything about the whole weird disintegrating thing going on with the devourers there? Or is it unexplained?
    Devouring the energies around Zm causes them to fall apart, according to the 9.2 developer preview.

I assume they meant Ephemera.

Formerly known as Arafal

I don't thing First Ones created the universe. They're just Super-Titans that ordered it.

Devourers are just something that were born out of Death energies, outside of FO designs or plans.

10+ Year Old Account
    That explanation would be interesting if it was something we learned about them.
    I don't need a specific reason, I just need A reason for why they exist.
    They kind of remind me of the spectres from His Dark Materials, from between realities and just gorging themselves on what is basically soul juice. I too want to know why they exist
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Servers down