Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Uh, I think everyone wrote off Reforged months ago. Best think would be reverting changes that made original W3 worse.
    Months? More like years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    Nevermind the Pokemon GO game doesn't exist.

Even worse, I guess?

The other Mobile Game is something completely different then since they did announce two during the last Conference Call.
    Good. Pokémon Go is not great game. It only floats because the Pokémon IP and because the concept just happens to work for that particular IP. Nothing else will ever succeed in aping it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    Nevermind the Pokemon GO game doesn't exist.

Even worse, I guess?

The other Mobile Game is something completely different then since they did announce two during the last Conference Call.
    Good. Pokémon Go is not great game. It only floats because the Pokémon IP and because the concept just happens to work for that particular IP. Nothing else will ever succeed in aping it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I have a feeling the Dracthyr flying racial might end up one of those things that will have to be fought over in the Alpha, or otherwise require extensive testing to ensure it isn't useable for various game breaking purposes.
    Two ways to implement it.

Glider like DH wings.

Or regular flying mount mechanics.

Both have been tested and work.

Didn't Ion say that Drac'thyr flying was just gliding. Which is lame. (outside of being able to dragonride as yourself)

Homophobia is so gay.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account

Jason Schreier confirms Pokemon GO Mobile Game is cancelled.

Weirdest saga in a while. But, hey. I guess the second game/unannounced mobile games are something else then entirely.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/warcraf...ncelled-326899
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2022-04-29 at 08:59 PM.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Dragonriding racial/self mount.
    As it currently is stated to work it doesn't seem like it will be useful much at all, and not really for a good reason either when it could just scale with regular Dragonriding.
    Nobody knows that for certain, we've only gotten glimpses in how the class works, so we'll have to see.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Nobody knows that for certain, we've only gotten glimpses in how the class works, so we'll have to see.
    That is true, could definitely just be some crossed wires in the communications process. Maybe for instance the Dragonriding racial works everywhere, but only at the lowest level outside the Dragon Isles for instance. Could definitely see that being the case.

Regardless I still think this will be one of the mechanics that I will champion throughout the process. Not just the racial, bit the mechanic to begin with.
    I have wanted better flying for years now, and I will do anything to ensure we don't just regress back to the same old boring version.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

On one hand I can get how Blizz is reluctant to let Dracthyr scale their own Dragonriding instead of using the dragon for it, since the Dragonriding and customisations seem to be a big carrot for content which then Dracthyr mains would have no use for.

On the other hand it makes no sense if they implement a basic version for Dracthyr to not extend it. Let Dracthyr mains choose if they want to use the mount or just fly themselves imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It also hasn't been stated that Azeroth is waking up, thats speculation to.
    From Terran Gregory: "The ocean in the cinematic is not glowing from Azerite, but simply bioluminescence from the world waking up."

Not an assumption anymore it would seem

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebron View Post
    From Terran Gregory: "The ocean in the cinematic is not glowing from Azerite, but simply bioluminescence from the world waking up."

He still said it in a vague way and not directly saying Azeroth herself, it'd be a much bigger deal so I'm not convinced just yet.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

No, just more reading things into it. "the world", not Azeroth the Titan. The place was abandoned when the elemental energies weakened, now they're coming back.

1+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I still wonder if this means that the next expansion will be a big Revamp expansion. But it also sounds like it could be a shattered world expansion if the awakening does something to the planet.

I mean it is very hopeful that there's no weird swoop-in of Void vs Light unless they intend to do that in 11.0 and then our defense of Azeroth from the Light and Void invasion leads us to 12.0 where Azeroth awakens. But yeah, IDK I take solace that it might not be a cosmic clusterfuck in 11.0.

I wonder if this expansion will have any info on the loss of Spirit and such.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

I have a feeling the Dracthyr flying racial might end up one of those things that will have to be fought over in the Alpha, or otherwise require extensive testing to ensure it isn't useable for various game breaking purposes.
    imo they should simply have two;
    Demon hunter style jump twice to glide (bonus points if dragon riding upgrades actually apply in the dragon isles!)
    AND a "running wild" type button to use in the old world with the usual 2 sec cast time to just swim in the air.

Doesn't feel like it needs to be an either/or thing (after all, I doubt there is a real lore differentiation between both flight styles), and if they already have the animations, might as well!

5 gold says Undermine ends up being a mega dungeon in 10.1 as gallywix takes it over after his deal he made in Tazavesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    On one hand I can get how Blizz is reluctant to let Dracthyr scale their own Dragonriding instead of using the dragon for it, since the Dragonriding and customisations seem to be a big carrot for content which then Dracthyr mains would have no use for.

On the other hand it makes no sense if they implement a basic version for Dracthyr to not extend it. Let Dracthyr mains choose if they want to use the mount or just fly themselves imo.
    Tbf, it's not like druids don't enjoy collecting mounts, too. They really should give full dragon riding to Dracthyr (provided it's unlocked). It's just the kind of unique flavor that people love.
    Particularly since they are planning to enforce visage form when dragon riding. Why do that and not even give those of us that have no interest in being an elf the option to not do it?

The assumption is that she will wake up during the time frame of WoW. It could take 1 year for her to wake up (very convenient) or it could also take a billion years.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    5 gold says Undermine ends up being a mega dungeon in 10.1 as gallywix takes it over after his deal he made in Tazavesh.
    I mean after being fucked with regarding Undermine for so long. I would rather have it be explorable than just a Mega Dungeon. But, at the same time if thats' not possible a Mega Dungeon is appropriate. Better than The Motherlode, I suppose.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2022-04-29 at 11:08 PM.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    The assumption is that she will wake up during the time frame of WoW. It could take 1 year for her to wake up (very convenient) or it could also take a billion years.
    I feel like her waking up at the end of the expac feels right. Probably motivate some radical world revamp or some other fundamental change for the 10th expansion of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Small bet for such a likely scenario

Uldaman -> Undermine which will be revealed to be part of Mimiron's kajamite mining efforts that predated the Goblin/Troll uprisings.

Gadget-Goblins in 10.3.5, Tinkers w/ tank spec in 11.0 revamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    I feel like her waking up at the end of the expac feels right. Probably motivate some radical world revamp or some other fundamental change for the 10th expansion of the game.
    I doubt Dragonflight will have such a massive, significant, groundbreaking ending... it genuinely looks like a slice of life fun filler expansion. I can't see it having any major ramifications for the overarching storyline.

They also said that they want to go back to a high fantasy and grounded story with this expansion, such an ending would not fit the general thematic.

I doubt Dragonflight will have such a massive, significant, groundbreaking ending... it genuinely looks like a slice of life fun filler expansion. I can't see it having any major ramifications for the overarching storyline.

They also said that they want to go back to a high fantasy and grounded story with this expansion, such an ending would not fit the general thematic.
    Yeah that's completely valid and reasonable. I guess it's just a gut feeling I have.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, just more reading things into it. "the world", not Azeroth the Titan. The place was abandoned when the elemental energies weakened, now they're coming back.
    Well, possibly. Not that I claim that literal "awakening" will happen this expansion. I'd assume that quoted 'waking up' is more like a prelude to what could eventually happen.

Also, could you please remind me of when the elemental energies weakened? Is it somewhat connected to Cataclysm, or that Ancient War?

Nevertheless, I kinda find it cheesy, yet poetic that the 'world is waking up' - like a new beginning, a new era for WoW? The world has been destroyed by Cataclysm, invaded by Legion, impaled with what sword, experienced BfA bullshit and now it seems like a perfect opportunity for renewal.

- - - Updated - - -

I do agree with that Vardoc.
    Yet, I have a feeling in my guts, that the 'safe' approach they took has some logic behind it. They try to experiment with removal of 'so-called' borrowed power. There's the talent system return. UI update, possibly an improvement of how flying could work in the future. It looks to me like laying a foundation for a new approach of game design in a long-term. Also, taking less risk gives them a freedom of adding more content when it's needed rather than underserving.

I believe that Murozond is the final baddie. Revamp is quite possible, yet it cannot happen just like that, they need a story-wise reason for that. Murozond pushing us into the future (couple of years) seems like an opportunity to make revamp happen.