Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Exactly.
    I just couldn't come up with good examples.
    Happy to help.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Happy to help.
    Perhaps, just like Aman'thul (that Choom suggested is related to the Egyptian Ammon/Ammun), "Thia" is just a suffix added to the name.
    If they added "Thul" to Aman'thul, and Aman lacks U or O, like the original Egyptian name, and is given an A instead (Aman), Then perhaps Korthia is constructed from Kor (O instead of U) and Thia (suffix).

"The name Korthia may be a reference to Kur, the ancient Mesopotamian underworld for the Sumerian and Akkadian peoples."

Whether or not this ends up being the case as we learn more in game, this entire theory and the background information was very interesting, so thanks for posting this and also the link.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    Whether or not this ends up being the case as we learn more in game, this entire theory and the background information was very interesting, so thanks for posting this and also the link.
    Anytime.
    Glad someone is enjoying my speculations

Apparently, i wasn't so far off, as Elune has a part to play in Chains of Domination:

"Prince Renathal: My dear Stonewright, Harvester of Wrath, wielder of Elu--
    The Stonewright: Chelra the Bladewall. How have you been, my child?"

The Stonewright, Harvester of Wrath, uses lunar spells during the questline, similar to those used by Tyrande: (3:05, 4:27)

Does that mean that Elune has something to do with the force of Death?
    Why would a Venthyr wield Elune's powers? a hint towards a potential race for the Priestess of the Moon/Night Warrior?
    Last edited by username993720; 2021-04-30 at 03:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently, i wasn't so far off, as Elune has a part to play in Chains of Domination:

"Prince Renathal: My dear Stonewright, Harvester of Wrath, wielder of Elu--
    The Stonewright: Chelra the Bladewall. How have you been, my child?"

The Stonewright, Harvester of Wrath, uses lunar spells during the questline, similar to those used by Tyrande:

Does that mean that Elune has something to do with the force of Death?
    Why would a Venthyr wield Elune's powers? a hint towards a potential race for the Priestess of the Moon/Night Warrior?
    Not sure if you've seen the other thread about it, but it appears that Elune is the Winter Queen's sister, and the Stonewright used to be one of the Night Warriors

Its about 5:30 into this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf9_...annel=Noone182
    Last edited by Greyfang; 2021-04-30 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    Not sure if you've seen the other thread about it, but it appears that Elune is the Winter Queen's sister, and the Stonewright used to be one of the Night Warriors

Its about 5:30 into this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf9_...annel=Noone182
    Thank you for letting me know.
    I was banned for a couple of weeks, so i didn't get the chance to catch up on the updates.

That doesn't really make sense, though. The Stonewright is supposedly one of the original Venthyr created by Denathrius directly from Anima.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That doesn't really make sense, though. The Stonewright is supposedly one of the original Venthyr created by Denathrius directly from Anima.
    Apparently 9.1 changes that, she was actually the first Mortal transformed Venthyr.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Apparently 9.1 changes that, she was actually the first Mortal transformed Venthyr.
    Wait. Did they just fucking retconned something from a patch before?

The Stonewright is untouchable. Not even our own stoneborn forces would dare raise a talon against her.

What is worse is that she is one of the first venthyr, like myself and the Curator. She was not made from a soul, but willed into being by Denathrius himself.

No sinstone, no mortal trappings, or past deeds will bend her to our will. If she is unwilling to provide us her medallion, we stand very little chance of recovering it.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

That's rather stupid, given that it was Renathal himself that gave this information and it is part of the reason why she was essentially unassailable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Worst part is that there's no practical need for this retcon anyway. What's the point of tying her to Elune?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Yep, the writers can't even keep their current mess in check.

That's rather stupid, given that it was Renathal himself that gave this information and it is part of the reason why she was essentially unassailable.
    Don't worry it's even more dumb, The Curator leaves a note that says Renethal was just straight up wrong, he was remembering another Harvester of Wrath who also happened to be called the Stonewright and mixed them up with the current Stonewright who is the first Mortal Venthyr while also being the current Harvester of Wrath and also happened to be a Night Warrior in life. I have no clue why all the Stoneborn treat her as their creator when she's the second Stonewright.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.

10+ Year Old Account

Don't worry it's even more dumb, The Curator leaves a note that says Renethal was just straight up wrong, he was remembering another Harvester of Wrath who also happened to be called the Stonewright and mixed them up with the current Stonewright who is the first Mortal Venthyr while also being the current Harvester of Wrath and also happened to be a Night Warrior in life. I have no clue why all the Stoneborn treat her as their creator when she's the second Stonewright.
    Wait really? I didnt see that part. Like, I understand if they make a mistake and add a note to handwave it later but if they're handwaving it before it even goes live that doesn't make sense. Like, they could literally choose any other character to be a previous Night Warrior.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have no clue why all the Stoneborn treat her as their creator when she's the second Stonewright.
    Because even though she's the second Stonewright, she is their creator. They were created to defend Revendreth when Maldraxxus didn't deploy their forces to meet the forces of the Light that attacked in retaliation against the Nathrezim. She blames the Nathrezim for the massive casualties incurred upon her "children."
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Well, at least that's somewhat in-character for Renathal. He's certainly not the harvester of smarts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait really? I didnt see that part. Like, I understand if they make a mistake and add a note to handwave it later but if they're handwaving it before it even goes live that doesn't make sense. Like, they could literally choose any other character to be a previous Night Warrior.
    Yeah it's the Curator's Note on the Sinstone of Wrath on the Sinfall Dais in 9.1 and it really does seem like some abrupt hand waving. I don't know why they decided to do it but it's already confirmed she was a Night Warrior with the latest Night Fae quest line.

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Duskwind View Post
    Because even though she's the second Stonewright, she is their creator. They were created to defend Revendreth when Maldraxxus didn't deploy their forces to meet the forces of the Light that attacked in retaliation against the Nathrezim. She blames the Nathrezim for the massive casualties incurred upon her "children."
    Except it seems like they're inferring the first Stonewright created the Stoneborn not the current one who gained the title considering they were made "after the first venthyr were sired' and the second one is the first Mortal Venthyr. Some of them I can understand but all of them?

Well, at least that's somewhat in-character for Renathal. He's certainly not the harvester of smarts.
    I'm just surprised how many ancient beings are turning out to be totally clueless and brainless this expansion.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Yeah it's the Curator's Note on the Sinstone of Wrath on the Sinfall Dais in 9.1 and it really does seem like some abrupt hand waving. I don't know why they decided to do it but it's already confirmed she was a Night Warrior with the latest Night Fae quest line.

Except it seems like they're inferring the first Stonewright created the Stoneborn not the current one who gained the title considering they were made "after the first venthyr were sired' and the second one is the first Mortal Venthyr. Some of them I can understand but all of them?

I'm just surprised how many ancient beings are turning out to be totally clueless and brainless this expansion.
    Ancient doesn't mean clever, nor wise. It means "old as fuck". Ever been to a retirement home? Yeah...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

What's the point of tying her to Elune?
    Expanding the Night Warrior racial diversity, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Ancient doesn't mean clever, nor wise. It means "old as fuck". Ever been to a retirement home? Yeah...
    In this day and age.
    In the old times, they were the most experienced.

In this day and age.
    Were considered to be, not were. With rather big differences. The senile old coot isn't an invention of the last few decades.
    Either way, age is not a mark of wisdom, at best it is a requirement. Nobody is born wise, but becoming wise isn't an automatism.

Renathal is at least rather consistent in being of the less than clever sort.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Expanding the Night Warrior racial diversity, perhaps?

In this day and age.
    And often raging lunatics as well. There's a difference between "experienced" and "senile" - no matter what day and age.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann