Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Oh so it’s not about the uniqueness?

Following your shifting argument, it’s also fine if the revenue goes toward the company developing the game you’re enjoying. Next.
    Im clearly talking about retail, which has lost all uniqueness in every aspect of the game. Nice try. And it absolutely does not share the same view that the company getting money for a store mount is fine. You're terrible at arguing if you have to make stuff up.
    Last edited by Flexs; 2021-03-23 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    You are again claiming this is going to ruin the health of the game. You do realize almost all MMOs currently on the market have a cosmetic shop? All the major players in the genre do for sure. These are run by companies that want to make money. This gives them a new revenue source, more money to the company means the higher likelihood that the game will stick around. I can tell you with all confidence that i have never felt like i missed out on something because i didn't buy in the shop. I am sorry you feel like you are not as progressed as the guy on the Golden Bull mount. TBC was never about the mounts, even the netherdrakes were a dime a dozen by the end of BC. If you want to argue about prestige mounts, Wrath was about the first expansion to dangle prestigious mounts over people's head with the Glory achievements.

No one is arguing for boosts or skips or anything. Cosmetic items like mounts or minipets do not affect gameplay for others in anyway.
    It doesnt matter that "everyone else does it, so should Blizzard." Neither does the argument "they need to make money" hold. They already make alot of money from wow, they just want more and disregarding the overall health of the game long term. This devalues everything within the game. People predicted this when boost was announced, now we see it. Im hoping this mount wont be tied to BC, but theres a high chance it is. Why shouldnt it? its a obvious creature to launch as a mount in BC.

This isnt just about "making money", but making as much as possible without caring one bit of the game long term value. Look at retail, they have raked in SO much money from the store and stuff, and how did the players get better off from it? One could easily argue that wow retail has gotten worse over the years - ever since they started with shop features.

IF the money they earned actually went into creating more, better and quicker paced out content for the game - sure, people would probably care less about this. But they arent. They are doing the bare minimum and ripping people off with this. They are making more money than ever with shop features, while we players get worse and worse content.

Another argument would be "But they can use this money in other new/old games". That doesnt hold either, cause most IPs they have now are on life support. What do BlizzActi have in store? Diablo 4 sometime in the next 4+ years? D2 remake. Relaunches of old wow xpacs. Thats it. Wheres the money going? What are they using the insane amount of cash they get from this great shop feature that spits on the game? Certainly not into wow or new games.
    Last edited by crusadernero; 2021-03-23 at 04:41 PM.

maybe they had this mount planned back in tbc and didnt get to release it and now they wanna add it to not waste it, i support this, its just a fking mount its not like they are removing attunements

Quote Originally Posted by Flexs View Post
    Yes it would. It completely devalues the uniqueness of mounts and the feeling of TBC. Ashes of alar? Nah I have this store mount instead = mounts aren't cool anymore.

Source: Retail.
    Yup, since the sparkle pony in wrath a grand total of 0 (ZERO) cool mounts have been added as drops in the game from any kind of conent.
    I'ts not just safe, it's 40% safe.

Im clearly talking about retail, which has lost all uniqueness in every aspect of the game. Nice try. And it absolutely does not share the same view that the company getting money for a store mount is fine. You're terrible at arguing if you have to make stuff up.
    You literally said "it's about uniqueness", which has zero ground when absolutely everything in both versions of the game is for sale. Your argument lasted less than half a post. You just want to gripe about the store (which is fine) while adding some nonsense about it being about uniqueness.

As with almost every complaint, it's about Blizzard getting money via a cash shop. Stop trying to tie other reasons to it. That's a perfectly valid stance to take.

Well, considering there is no further information, i'm just going to withhold my judgement for now.

If it's going to be a promo mount, whether it ends up on Retail or both, fair enough.
    If it's going to be a shopmount, then this thread that has produced over 7 pages in about 10 hours is just a taste of things to come i wager.

Either way, it shows how little faith Blizzard had in the whole Classic project when they didn't even bother with MTX / promotion when Classic was launched, guess now they realized what sort of moneyprinter this is and want to turn it into overdrive.

The one thing that is odd, is that it's a ground mount, pretty fucking weird thing to promote (or sell it on the store) in the very expansion that introduced flying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    maybe they had this mount planned back in tbc and didnt get to release it and now they wanna add it to not waste it
    C'mon, who seriously believes that they found a 15 year old mount in their database, which was never added to the actual gamefiles and never bothered to add it somewhere between 2007 and 2018?
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-03-23 at 05:09 PM.

Yes it would. It completely devalues the uniqueness of mounts and the feeling of TBC. Ashes of alar? Nah I have this store mount instead = mounts aren't cool anymore.

Source: Retail.
    Good thing it's not happening then.

Quote Originally Posted by Viikkis View Post
    This mount was added into TBC Classic client not retail. So unless they are using TBC client just to test the mount for some strange reason, this mount is meant for TBC.
    Considering there's no TBC client yet....

Lol. Given TBC's graphics, that mount would have more pixels in it than all of Outland combined. Like WTF are you talking about? They're not gonna add something that looks stupidly out of place.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    11 years? lol we have had paid cosmetics since day 1 of vanilla my dude. so what... coming on 17 years?
    I'm assuming you are referring to collector's editions stuff, because the Blizzard Store didn't have anything until WotLK.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    I'm assuming you are referring to collector's editions stuff, because the Blizzard Store didn't have anything until WotLK.
    Boy did you miss the entire thread, it's been nothing but semantic arguments about the difference between shops and CE/TCG shit.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Viikkis View Post
    I think the issue is that paid mounts would be against the original TBC design philosophy where you'd have to obtain stuff by actually playing the game not flashing out your credit card. (yes TCG items were a thing but that is still different than just buying the items straight from a store)
    I lol @ store mount riders. It is absolutely ridiculous to buy a mount that doesn't offer additional benefits (vendor mount, AH mount, etc). But that's my opinion. When I bought 2 as a younger kid, it didn't take me long to realize that I've never mounted on them past a week of buying them.

Battle pets, I can understand some (Blossoming Ancient, for example) since they are useful in several battles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexme View Post
    Considering there's no TBC client yet....
    Oh but there is. It was pushed to Blizzard CDN recently.

https://twitter.com/MrGMYT/status/1374150202421084163

Quote Originally Posted by keelr View Post
    Sorry that got to be a bit toxic. I just wantedto point out that the amount of mounts in the game weren't much and it was rly easily accessable beside the low chance drops (Alar, Anzu) and the prestige mounts from ZA and arena. You weren't special with the faction mounts, nor did anyone care if u had it. It was simple: use the mount you like to use.
    ZA mount wasnt special on my server. Guilds were selling them at 2-5k gold.

Quote Originally Posted by keelr View Post
    being datamined from classic can stilll mean that its a promotion for those who buy the boost to get this in retail.
    It could also be just a red herring to throw data-miners off and distract from the Beta release. But more to your comment, if it's meant to give to Retail why would it be in a completely different client?

What about trading cards you could get a turtle in vanilla and wasn't spectre tiger released during TBC?

10+ Year Old Account
    Its for a digital collector's edition of BC Classic. The fearmongers crying the end of days can rest at peace now.

https://tbc.wowhead.com/news/datamin...and-toy-321522

O shit, nevermind that means there will a Digital Collector's edition that did not exist before....shit that is a change, that means my value of my Alar mount will go down because someone will ride by on a green lizard with glowing green footprints.......wont anyone think of the Tauren Kiddos?

/s
    Last edited by bloodwulf; 2021-03-23 at 07:34 PM.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    You literally said "it's about uniqueness", which has zero ground when absolutely everything in both versions of the game is for sale. Your argument lasted less than half a post. You just want to gripe about the store (which is fine) while adding some nonsense about it being about uniqueness.

As with almost every complaint, it's about Blizzard getting money via a cash shop. Stop trying to tie other reasons to it. That's a perfectly valid stance to take.
    Exactly, you're right! That's the main reason. Uniqueness is gone in TBC if you bring in a cash shop. Retail is already ruined with it. There's your clarification.

'

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Smeeh View Post
    Yup, since the sparkle pony in wrath a grand total of 0 (ZERO) cool mounts have been added as drops in the game from any kind of conent.
    That's 100% true. Cash shop completely devalues and denaturalises everything available in the game.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Its for a digital collector's edition of BC Classic. The fearmongers crying the end of days can rest at peace now.

https://tbc.wowhead.com/news/datamin...and-toy-321522

O shit, nevermind that means there will a Digital Collector's edition that did not exist before....shit that is a change, that means my value of my Alar mount will go down because someone will ride by on a green lizard with glowing green footprints.......wont anyone think of the Tauren Kiddos?

/s
    Honestly my only gripe is it looks like a retail mount and unless they're gonna unlock the option to use HD Player Models that's gonna look real bad in BCC.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Honestly my only gripe is it looks like a retail mount and unless they're gonna unlock the option to use HD Player Models that's gonna look real bad in BCC.
    Well if you look earlier in this thread, people were arguing that it didnt have enough pixels for Retail, and then some said it has too many for BC. So i don't know what to think, other than that it will be largely forgotten in 3 months after launch.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.