Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Elon Musk is pleading for engineers, technicians, and other experts to move to South

Elon, bro, just offer them some dogecoin as a hiring incentive. Tell them that they'll get Tesla's they can use to mine bitcoin too.

USE LE MEMES TO ATTRACT LE TOP DOGE TALENT

Lots of companies are trying to do this, and it's almost always about tax rates. Honestly, they are doing what's best for the company. But, that doesn't really translate to what's best for their employees.

Texas is dead last in personal freedoms.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't say I know of any rocket scientists, and I'm not really willing to relocate to the USA in the midst of a pandemic unless there's a really lucrative job in it for me as a machinist. I know they need people to make stuff for their rockets, so I'd be down for that.

Jim Crow laws coming soon
    Crumbling power and other infrastructure
    Republican led government that can barely tie its shoes

Gee I wonder why smart people aren't flocking to Texas /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Jim Crow laws coming soon
    Crumbling power and other infrastructure
    Republican led government that can barely tie its shoes

Gee I wonder why smart people aren't flocking to Texas /s
    Funny thing is that they are, just not to the areas Elon wants. They're moving into the blue cities and suburbs to follow their relocated companies.

Very few want to live in the middle of nowhere ,near the border, or on a primary vacation spot with little to do outside of beach stuff.

He's pleas are to those smart enough to avoid TX. A state that has a governor ambivalent about his own state problems. In particular, the pandemic and infrastructure.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    He's pleas are to those smart enough to avoid TX. A state that has a governor ambivalent about his own state problems. In particular, the pandemic and infrastructure.
    Don't forget a senator that runs to Cancun at the first sign of trouble.

The more people that move there, the more blue the state will get. Nothing breeds conservatism like isolation from others. The more people, the more progressive they get.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Until Texas does what GA is doing, only it would probably be a far more extreme version of voter suppression.
    What do you mean until? Texas Jim Crow laws are in the works. The governor can't wait to sign it maybe he will have a bigger slave plantation painting than GA when he does.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd wish I had this option here, but I'm cursed to only have one area in the whole country where I can find reasonable high tech employment.

I really think US should make another several Silicon Valleys, it would be great for the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I'd wish I had this option here, but I'm cursed to only have one area in the whole country where I can find reasonable high tech employment.

I really think US should make another several Silicon Valleys, it would be great for the country.
    On the other hand - your country is so small that "everywhere is here/same area" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I guess your definition of high tech might be different from mine.
    P.S.
    Screw CheckPoint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Does Musk live in Texas? Or is he just telling other people to do things that he won't do himself?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    On the other hand - your country is so small that "everywhere is here/same area" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I guess your definition of high tech might be different from mine.
    P.S.
    Screw CheckPoint.
    Checkpoint is a sweatshop kids go to start off after they are done with the army. Everyone knows that here.

The issue mostly is housing/rent with pretty much 70% of the tech being in the center. There is Intel in south and Microsoft in the north, but everything else - center. That's why basic rent here is $1k USD for 2 room apartment in suburbs.

I hear the same issue is with Silicon Valley or even worse.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2021-03-30 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Does Musk live in Texas? Or is he just telling other people to do things that he won't do himself?
    He moved down because CA had covid precautions he didn't like and bragged about how he and his plant were going to ignore them.

He's a right piece of shit, but is it that surprising coming from a guy who continues to do his best to hide the fact that he comes from a wealthy family with a fuckin emerald mine?

10+ Year Old Account
    He has moved to Texas.
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

Yes, he has moved there.

Possibly because Texas wouldn't prevent him from having his factory open during a pandemic, or possibly because he doesn't have to pay any state income tax.
    https://edition.cnn.com/2020/12/09/t...xas/index.html
    https://fortune.com/2020/12/08/elon-...om-california/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Checkpoint is a sweatshop kids go to start off after they are done with the army. Everyone knows that here.

The issue mostly is housing/rent with pretty much 70% of the tech being in the center. There is Intel in south and Microsoft in the north, but everything else - center. That's why basic rent here is $1k USD for 2 room apartment in suburbs.

I hear the same issue is with Silicon Valley or even worse.
    Just move to a different country.
    Driving on Sunshine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Do you know how difficult it is to move to a different country? It’s not as easy as saying “just do it”, Shia.
    Idk dude really seems to hate Israel so if you dislike your country that much I would very much consider leaving. I like my current country tho I'm staying here.
    Driving on Sunshine.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are tons of engineers and techs in the South due to decades of government contracts and the s pop space program. Wtf is Musk on? He wants people to work for him, which would not be a problem if his companies weren't crappy to work for vs other fitms/companies. The one thing his companies have others are their cool releases, culture, benefits, job security, fail in comparison to other firms.

Resident Cosplay Progressive