Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There's two separate statements in there that you're conflating.
    I support Jeff Bezos being able to start and own a company, as well as profit from that company's success.

Do you support such things?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post

Yes, they did have help, and employees were paid for their help.

That means that they aren't actually honorable consumers.
    circle complete, thanks for the jerk.

the employees were taken advantage of because......well shit i mean its been 40 pages you know how.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Still can't get any of these wealth worshippers to explain to me who benefits more from government services, Bezos or any other random middle or lower class person.
    Except this is your claim, so the burden of evidence is on you.

I even said that would be nearly impossible to quantify, so it was a reckless statement. You have to understand, that's an argument you people use, not the other way around.

I support Jeff Bezos being able to start and own a company, as well as profit from that company's success.

Not if he is allowed to abuse the system and get unfair treatment that allowed him to make all that money. If he was able to access and continue to this day access ways to avoid what most other companies have to comply with.

If his success and you said, comes at the harm of others...then no i don't support it at all
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    circle complete, thanks for the jerk.

the employees were taken advantage of because......well shit i mean its been 40 pages you know how.
    They were so taken advantage of, they continue to work there, and rejected unionization.

Meanwhile, you fucking support it all.

What does that make you? That makes you someone who completely sacrificed his so-called ethics.

10+ Year Old Account

Combining a whole suite of disparate questions as if they were one thing isn't particularly honest.

1> I support the right of individuals to start a company.

2> I do not support the right of individuals to own the means of production as private property.

3> I do support the capability for individuals to profit off a company's success. Edit: With the caveat that you shouldn't be forgetting #2 when trying to understand what I'm saying, here.

Three separate things, and pretending they're all part of the same question is pretty unreasonable.

Not if he is allowed to abuse the system and get unfair treatment that allowed him to make all that money. If he was able to access and continue to this day access ways to avoid what most other companies have to comply with.

If his success and you said, comes at the harm of others...then no i don't support it at all
    You mean make money, because people like you threw it at his company?

Still can't get any of these wealth worshippers to explain to me who benefits more from government services, Bezos or any other random middle or lower class person.
    Hell easy, the amazon/walmarts/etc all benefit more from things like welfare, corporate subsidies, tax breaks, etc etc.

duh, anyone can easily quantify that with just a few minutes of research its only been quantified about a thousand times in studies
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Combining a whole suite of disparate questions as if they were one thing isn't particularly honest.

I support the right of individuals to start a company.

I do not support the right of individuals to own the means of production as private property.

I do support the capability for individuals to profit off a company's success.

Three separate things, and pretending they're all part of the same question is pretty unreasonable.
    So, you oppose all privately-owned businesses... got it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell easy, the amazon/walmarts/etc all benefit more from things like welfare, corporate subsidies, tax breaks, etc etc.

duh, anyone can easily quantify that with just a few minutes of research its only been quantified about a thousand times in studies
    Anyone can easily quantify that when they remember public education is a thing.

Bezos derives significant benefit from our tax dollars ensuring his employees aren't illiterate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quantify it, I fucking dare you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Anyone can easily quantify that when they remember public education is a thing.

Bezos derives significant benefit from our tax dollars ensuring his employees aren't illiterate.
    Great, then do it.

You mean make money, because people like you threw it at his company?
    Nope he was able to make more money from abusing the system and pushing to create new rules for his company because of his leverage on govt officials and the ability to afford accountants who could find and assist him with being able to avoid things like taxes.

Not sure why you keep harping on the fact that people shop at amazon while not supporting everything amazon does.

No one said it was a 101% evil company doing 120% wrong things and does nothing right.

They/We/Govt needs to correct a bunch of things that allow them to abuse the entire system.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    So, you oppose all privately-owned businesses... got it.
    I have never hidden that I oppose the capitalist model of economics. I've been pretty openly outspoken about that, actually. This is not a "gotcha" moment for you.

The capitalist model involves restricting the liberties of workers so that their productivity can be exploited for profit by the capitalists. So yes; I oppose that form of exploitation and loss of liberty.

Imo they give religion a good name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great, then do it.
    I have, and the spirits tell me that one person deriving benefit from the government is probably going to derive less than one person deriving benefit to the tune of several billion dollars from 800,000 other people's government benefits.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Nope he was able to make more money from abusing the system and pushing to create new rules for his company because of his leverage on govt officials and the ability to afford accountants who could find and assist him with being able to avoid things like taxes.

Not sure why you keep harping on the fact that people shop at amazon while not supporting everything amazon does.

No one said it was a 101% evil company doing 120% wrong things and does nothing right.

They/We/Govt needs to correct a bunch of things that allow them to abuse the entire system.
    So, why did you support him, and it?

Giving them money is literally supporting them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    I

This sentence is a contradiction. If those loopholes are legal, he doesn't "have to" pay those taxes.
    Eh, you're kind of not being honest if you say you want to pay taxes but then avoid paying taxes. I believe there's a thing called principles?

10+ Year Old Account
    We are more than 200+ pages, spread around multiple (locked) threads, doing this same shit.

And all we have to show for, is Libertarianism; It's got electrolytes.

Ideologue's gotta ideologue.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

I have never hidden that I oppose the capitalist model of economics. I've been pretty openly outspoken about that, actually. This is not a "gotcha" moment for you.
    So, your attempt to say it's objectively wrong, is simply you pushing your opinion.

Gotcha.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    I have, and the spirits tell me that one person deriving benefit from the government is probably going to derive less than one person deriving benefit to the tune of several billion dollars from 800,000 other people's government benefits.
    So, you really cannot.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, you really cannot.
    Pretty sure I just did.